HTXGladiator

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 HD XL1200X
Vehicle Showcase
I ran a search in here already and didn't come up with anything. I was wondering if anyone knows what the travel is on the stock Rubicon shocks. I plan on running a 2" spacer lift with stock suspension gear and 33" tires. The kit comes with larger bump stops and I'm considering not putting them in since I'm not increasing tire size, but I want to be sure that I won't bottom out my shocks. Thanks in advance for any information.
Sponsored

TravisH88

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S W/ Max Tow
I'm also wondering this. Most 1.5 leveling kits come with shock extensions however the Teraflex 1.5 spacer for upfront doesn't and I trust they know what they are doing. I'm putting Rubicon take off shocks on my Sport soon and don't plan on running the extensions with a 1.5" Daystar spacer up front. I am extending my bumpstops.

STL Gladiator

First Name
Horace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Max Tow - traded, 2021 JT Rubicon
Man I am doing something very similar. I have a Sport S. I picked up a set of Rubicon Fox shocks and I have been wondering the same thing.

2 things come to mind.
All the leveling kits I have seen don’t specifically say “For Rubicon” or “For Overland/Sport”. Daystar and Allow both come with shock extensions.

Tera Flex kit doesn’t specify either models of JT but comes with bump stops and they recommending Falcon 2.1 shocks

Confusing to say the least!

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I'm also wondering this. Most 1.5 leveling kits come with shock extensions however the Teraflex 1.5 spacer for upfront doesn't and I trust they know what they are doing. I'm putting Rubicon take off shocks on my Sport soon and don't plan on running the extensions with a 1.5" Daystar spacer up front. I am extending my bumpstops.
By not using shock extensions but using bump stops, you are decreasing your suspension travel compared to stock.

Sponsored

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
Fronts have approx 8" travel (23-7/8" extended from bolt hole to bolt hole)
Rears have approx 8-1/4" travel (25-3/4" extended from hole to hole)

STL Gladiator

First Name
Horace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Max Tow - traded, 2021 JT Rubicon
By not using shock extensions but using bump stops, you are decreasing your suspension travel compared to stock.
Yea I think you’re right here’s the shocks side by side Rubicon rear vs Sport max tow. Rubicon rear shocks aren’t longer!
I’m betting the front are not either...but I haven’t pulled them yet. Maybe tomorrow.

If they are the same length then extensions are probably the way to go.

2E698A16-3F9F-4303-A66F-4A4B981EF230.jpeg

85D9AF21-46BC-4F0B-A34D-D1B0C9BF1BFE.jpeg

wyldefreebyrd

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White Gladiator Rubicon
Would install the bump stops for the front. Here is mine with a 2" Daystar spacer lift and 35" tires. There is about 1/2" inch of space in the rear before hitting the axle. Front is against the bump stop.

IMG_2510.JPG
IMG_2511.JPG
IMG_2512.JPG
IMG_2513.JPG
Sponsored