Sponsored

Storing the Soft Top Back Window in Truck?

redriderjf87

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
saltmustflow.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT, '81 Z-28, '18 TW200, '72 CT 175
Occupation
Electrical Controls Engineer
I might be overthinking it but wasn't sure if it would be bad for the soft top back window to fold it for storing under the back seat or somewhere else in the truck? I enjoy keeping it off unless it's pretty cold or raining hard, but wouldn't mind keeping it with me if I run into an unexpected storm or something.

Thanks, Justin
Sponsored

phranican

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 YJ4.0l, '20 Telluride SX, '21JTR
I put mine in the bed. It's supposed to be able to roll up installed. I have tried but the sides have that hard plastic lip and it can't really be rolled as I had hoped. Has anyone successfully rolled it up while installed?

HappyRed

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
I’ve never rolled mine up, just didn’t seem to be a good idea. I have two rear facing car seats, so I can sandwich it between the front seat and the kids car seats.

there is a bag, part number 68396560AB , that I never got. Here is a link to BAM and I always think about buying it:

https://www.bamwholesaleparts.com/o...t-top-windows-oem-68396560ab-mopar-68396560ab

Looking it up for this I found a knock off on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Storage-2018-2021-Wrangler-Gladiator-68358392AC/dp/B08RYHZMTB

The Amazon isn’t the same part number, there is a review talking about using it for a gladiator. Seems the zippers leave a lot to be desired.

OP
OP
redriderjf87

redriderjf87

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
saltmustflow.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ah thanks, hadn't thought of any of those. I could see rigging something up to hold it against the front seat without the bag even.

I put mine in the bed. It's supposed to be able to roll up installed. I have tried but the sides have that hard plastic lip and it can't really be rolled as I had hoped. Has anyone successfully rolled it up while installed?
Do you put yours up against the front inside of the bed? I could see strapping it like that too.

HappyRed

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Also a new window is like 250 bucks, so while not cheap it’s not super duper expensive.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mastert...115207532388&utm_content=Smart_Jeep Soft Tops

When I learned that I felt better about just taking it out and doing the best I could with it. Plus I keep telling myself soft tops are a wear part eventually it’s going to need to be replaced. Might as well have fun with it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
redriderjf87

redriderjf87

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
saltmustflow.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thanks sounds like a number of good options. I was able to roll it up width-wise and fit it under the back seat. I think it should be able to roll back out without damage but will check back if I see any issues.
Sponsored