First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 335i, 2014 X5, 2021 JTR
Build Thread
Link
sort of dispels a lot of rumors that BMW engines are too expensive to maintain, especially when I see real world feedback supporting their reliability (including my own)

I'd be interested in seeing the application of this Fiat I6, probably not enough to sway me to buy, but I'd certainly take one out for a spin
Prior to my BMW's, I had an XJ with the 4.0 and learned to drive a stick on my dads 95 325ic. I love straights 6's. I heard rumors when I bought my gladiator that they might be coming but I'm sticking with the 3.6 I currently have because it will likely be the last new manual transmission that I am able to buy. I don't think I'd sell my current truck to upgrade but we'll see what they come up with.
Sponsored

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Two Door Rubicon, 2017 Audi Q5, 2016 Ram, 2016 Yamaha XSR900
It will be interesting how this plays out. They can offer n/a versions for base model applications in the charger/challenger applications and turbo/twin turbo setups for higher end performance models. Where it falls for the JL/JT should be interesting as well. It will offer more torque, so will they spend money to develop a new manual transmission? For FCA, it’s a whole new rebranding for them, in practice and in emotion.

redriderjf87

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
saltmustflow.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT, '81 Z-28, '18 TW200, '72 CT 175
Occupation
Electrical Controls Engineer
No worse than putting headers on a V8 in an A Body Mopar. 😜
Or longtubes in a GM F Body in my case.

I'd be down for a straight 6 100% for serviceability and overall cool factor. Of course naturally aspirated would be better for that, which I get won't happen.
Sponsored