First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 335i, 2014 X5, 2021 JTR
Build Thread
Link
There are 21 reviews on Amazon. If you can trust those reviews. Looks pretty nice.
I read every one of them but no mention of it holding up to winching. that's my main concern with that one. Will the plate hold up to winching.
Sponsored

BrentMG

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Service Member
I read every one of them but no mention of it holding up to winching. that's my main concern with that one. Will the plate hold up to winching.
Looks to be the eBay one. Has the same pictures. Haven't read too many complaints on that one.

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
That looks perfect! Did you have to do anything crazy to get the Rubi skid to work? I see on LoD's site they sell "frame tie in brackets" but not listed at the link in this thread, are they needed?
They have their own skid I would recommend buying with the bumper. I bought mine through Northridge, they were super helpful over the phone.

The frame tie ins are only needed if you plan to flat tow your JT behind an RV or something.

JK4AER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2003 TJ Rubicon
I believe there is a ridge of sorts on the outer shell where these would mount that makes that not possible. plus it would push the shell back 1/4" towards the body and I don't know that is feasible either. I'm just speculating based on pictures and lots of bumper oogling these days.
Correct. The front of the bumper is not flush.

20201230_121414.jpg

Davekayc

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 diesel
Occupation
Roadbuilder
I had Lod front and rear mid and full width . They erupted into rust like jiffy pops . I suggested them to someone else as well and their bumpers same thing. I sent them pictures they pretended to care for a bit then stopped answering messages. I blasted mine and repowdered them at my own cost and they were fine ever after.
As far as bumpers go if have a real hard time liking any of them. Look like plate steel fanny packs on the front. I like more utility ,military look.
If your not going to do some hard core wheeling go mid or wider. Protect that front corner . And helps to not roll over when your wheel comes in contact with a ford focus. Hit the car as opposed to climb it and lay on your door. Full width in the back so you dont cave a corner in trying to turn around on a narrow trail .

Sponsored

Davekayc

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 diesel
Occupation
Roadbuilder
^^ the Lod thing was 10 years ago ..coating procedure is better by now likely.

jc1986

First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon sting grey 6spd
I have a front camera too and with arb stubby it only blocks a little bit of the view. It doesn’t have fog light slots but... it is a good brand and reasonably priced. I do like the looks of the full width arb too, but you have to cut out the crush cans out if you want full airbag function and you get oem fog slots. Is crash testing and airbag function important to you? That is one of the reasons why I went arb, most if not all of their products are engineered to pass safety requirements. I think aev does too though, they are just stupid expensive, but boron stamped steel saves a lot of weight and very strong or at least that’s what they say to get people into the door.

Also, with the arb stubby the winch sits very low and the stock sway bar disconnect skid fix without any modifications

Rynomar

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Have you looked at the Next Venture Motorsports Adventure Series? I finally got mine mounted up and am really impressed with the build quality and simplicity of it.
Jeep Gladiator Struggling to find the perfect bumper IMG_0187

IMG_0478.jpg

IMG_0479.jpg

OP
OP
blau iii

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Have you looked at the Next Venture Motorsports Adventure Series? I finally got mine mounted up and am really impressed with the build quality and simplicity of it.
Jeep Gladiator Struggling to find the perfect bumper 20201221_155451

Holy shit, that's perfect! I'm planning almost an identical setup to you except I was going to go with either LP4 or most likely LP6s. Did you get their skid plate as well? Or do you know if I can reuse the Rubi skid?

Sponsored

Rynomar

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Holy shit, that's perfect! I'm planning almost an identical setup to you except I was going to go with either LP4 or most likely LP6s. Did you get their skid plate as well? Or do you know if I can reuse the Rubi skid?
I really think LP6's would be a perfect fit on the bumper. The LP9's throw an incredible amount of light, but they are massive. I did not get their skid and can't comment on it. I rotated my swaybar motor and chopped the skid mounts, so no skid at the moment.

OP
OP
blau iii

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

JK4AER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2003 TJ Rubicon
So I think the RR Arcus is it, I can mount my BD LP6 on some of these, It appears there is enough of a gap beside the winch and the top of the bumper that these would work and not block the light due to the hooks.. There's enough wiggle room when installing these that I'm 90% sure it will work.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadratec/heavy-duty-auxiliary-light-mount-brackets-wrangler-jl
Here's how mine looked with tow hooks and lights...not the best pic but only one I still have of that setup.

20201003_192042.jpg

ARCH3R

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Tahoe, 2021 JT Overland (ordered 4/1/2021)
Occupation
Logistics Coordinator
Here's another setup I had to avoid the tow hooks blocking the lights.

Jeep Gladiator Struggling to find the perfect bumper 20201010_184802
I love that bumper! can you share the link ??
Sponsored