Struggling to find the perfect bumper

dsundy

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Check out the ARB Classic Stubby. There isn't a place to mount the OEM lights, but it's got everything else you mentioned. Tons of mounting options, so there are opportunities for dedicated fogs + LP6's.

I like it because it's on the lighter side, and comes with a winch plate.

OP
OP
blau iii

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 335i, 2014 X5, 2021 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Check out the ARB Classic Stubby. There isn't a place to mount the OEM lights, but it's got everything else you mentioned. Tons of mounting options, so there are opportunities for dedicated fogs + LP6's.

I like it because it's on the lighter side, and comes with a winch plate.
I like that one but I’m getting LED package and done want to ditch the fogs.

Snowcavemike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I'm trying to find a bumper that fits my needs but haven't been able to yet... The Arcus comes close but I'm worried about the hooks blocking the lights I planned to add instead of the overrider bar... Any suggestions?
- Must be stubby
- Sunken winch mount
- Spot for OEM fogs to go
- Place to mount LP6 on either side of the winch
- No giant hoops or bull bars, I have the front camera and am trying not to block the image
- Reasonably priced.... The Shrockworks stubby fits just about every requirement but I've heard they have really long lead times.

Are there any other brands I should be looking at?
I just installed the Rockhard full width aluminum bumper. Easy install, the hoop is in the camera view but easy to live with. We flat tow our jt so weight was a factor. 37 lbs with 1/4 inch plate.

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
https://www.raneystruckparts.com/peterbilt-378-379-sfa-herd-super-road-train-bumper-grill-guard/

i too would like a non-rusting, non winch, deer smasher as i use my gladiator like a regular truck not a crawler, i would like a down size version of one of these big rig herd bumpers please :)

genright makes nice aluminum stuff, i tried a fab fours stubby with guard and had rusting start at welds in no time but i live where winter and road salt exists, as it is i've gone back to stock bumper as no one can part me with my money until i see a deer smasher like posted in the link ;)

that road train style bumper if you just take the top layer of bars off of it and scale it to jeep dimensions it would be perfect shape/design for our jeeps as they mimick big rigs with the lower than hood fenders out the sides of engine bay....but jeep trend is always rock crawlers, we have no western or truck oriented theme gear for us 'truck' guys....c'mon aftermarket, give us 'truck' gear please

Sponsored

OP
OP
blau iii

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 335i, 2014 X5, 2021 JTR
Build Thread
Link
I’m down to the rr Arcus and the Shockworks with no hoop. I’ll save $100 on the mounts with the RR but shockworks has a long build time.

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
Holy shit, that's perfect! I'm planning almost an identical setup to you except I was going to go with either LP4 or most likely LP6s. Did you get their skid plate as well? Or do you know if I can reuse the Rubi skid?
Did it come naked, and then you powder coated it? Looks good, what winch you have one it...

Rynomar

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Did it come naked, and then you powder coated it? Looks good, what winch you have one it...
I did get it bare and have it powder coated locally. IT really worked out perfect though, because it allowed me to clean up the welds and open the fog light holes for bigger lights! Winch is a Warn 12-s. Thanks!

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I've been in the same boat. So far it's a tossup between the RR Arcus, LOD mid width, and the previously mentioned Next Venture.

Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I’d love the AEV bumper especially to match the salta Xrs I’m putting on but I’d rather spend the dough on a winch vs a bumper. Would prefer to stay 5-750.
This is exactly my thoughts. The price on that AEV is so prohibitive. I want a stamped bumper that isn't too heavy and looks as cool stock. The Arcus, the Spartacus and the Venator are all in the running. Also the ARB Classic, though the hole for the winch is such an eyesore... I need to look into how you cover that.

Axeman

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Auto Tech
I love my Metal cloak frame built bumper. Not sure why it doesnt get a lot of love on the forums, but it is one of the best in performance and looks imo. I couldnt be happier with it
Jeep Gladiator Struggling to find the perfect bumper 20201224_133350
This is a good looking bumper, did it come coated or bare steel?

Terminus33

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Cherokee
Occupation
Pool Tech
I love my Metal cloak frame built bumper. Not sure why it doesnt get a lot of love on the forums, but it is one of the best in performance and looks imo. I couldnt be happier with it
Jeep Gladiator Struggling to find the perfect bumper 20210410_113657
I'm more interested in that awesome truck bed camping cabin setup.
Sponsored