Sponsored

(Stupid?) Question About Oil Filter

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Wish I could give my Jeep wave oil changes to someone, I wouldn’t use them if they paid me, way too many dealer horror stories of over filling, under filling, wrong oil, wrong filter, drain plug stripped, oil fill cap left off... the list goes on and on not to mention probably drop it off at 8amd call at 4 to check before picking it up and they tell you they haven’t got to it yet. No thanks.
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Wish I could give my Jeep wave oil changes to someone, I wouldn’t use them if they paid me, way too many dealer horror stories of over filling, under filling, wrong oil, wrong filter, drain plug stripped, oil fill cap left off... the list goes on and on not to mention probably drop it off at 8amd call at 4 to check before picking it up and they tell you they haven’t got to it yet. No thanks.
Have you actually tried your dealer? I've had four free changes done with no issues. I take it in mid-afternoon and have it back within ninety minutes.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
I have tried the dealer for service with my JKU, they act they are doing you a favor when they schedule your appointment 2 weeks out, then when you show up the place is packed and there is no where to park, not just Jeep, same experience with my Toyota, Acura, and GMC.

foxman350

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Ive got the 4 Jeep wave oil changes plus two free ones each year the dealer gave me so I can go in a little early if it makes sense to do so.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
@Rocksalt

Good for you!

I laugh my ass off every time I hear / read here, someone spew they are having the dealer do their oil changes and other fluid changes for them.... I laugh especially harder when the oil changes are not the Jeep Wave freebees.

And on, no excuse for those that spew..... they live in at an apartment bldg., I'm old, yada, yada...
Good to see someone perfect mocking others who are less than perfect or have VALID reasons. Love it.
Young punk dissing those who may have issues with knees, arthritis, or live where even an oil change in a driveway is banned.
Glad to see you have it all figured out for other people and they should all do exactly as you believe they should.
Can't see past the end of your own nose and see that people aren't made in your image.

My guess is you are under 40, live where anything goes, have everything needed and are in perfect health. I bet you even mock people with handicap license tags or who need adaptive equipment, etc.
Wow.
Spew, huh? is that what their comments or opinions are to you? Spewing?

Here's one for you - sometimes don't want to have to do trivial things when I can do very high end things and make more than enough money to pay for someone else to do work - there's not enough time in the day. So do I choose doing an oil change I can get done for free - or do I make a couple hundred bucks and help put an award winning classic back on the road?
I can do it all, anything - and have a fully equipped climate controlled shop - but I've gotten too busy with work where people send it to me, then when it's done, they ask "how much do I owe" instead of asking how much first. I have to choose........... help others and do things few others can do or do a silly oil change I can get done free. Save my knees and back for important things or do silly oil changes? Some of the work I do - I'm the only one in the country doing it. So I have to make choices. I used to do everything myself - wiring, plumbing, concrete, roofing, you name it, but there ain't the time and energy to do everything I'm capable of doing - so I have to choose. If someone will do it free while I do other stuff, great!
(but I double-check their work)

(BTW - my shop is FULL - 2 cars torn down - one for full restoration for a customer, tools, equipment (like valve grinding equipment, boring bar, lathe, mill, rod hone, engine stands, engines, blasting equipment and more) so there's not enough room in my shop right now to get my own truck in and my garage isn't heated nor as well-lit because, well, it's where we park 3 vehicles and a lawn tractor.)

Last edited:

Sponsored

Riccochet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKR | 2020 Ram 2500 | 2021 JT Sport
I have tried the dealer for service with my JKU, they act they are doing you a favor when they schedule your appointment 2 weeks out, then when you show up the place is packed and there is no where to park, not just Jeep, same experience with my Toyota, Acura, and GMC.
Your appointment doesn't guarantee that your vehicles will be serviced at the scheduled time. It usually grants you time to get your vehicle checked in. They work on a first in / first out basis. Meaning that if someone's vehicle has been there for a week and their parts arrive at the same time you're scheduled for an oil change, the car that's been there for a week gets taken care of first. So on and so forth. Then they have to prioritize waiters and spot services around scheduled drop off's and existing tickets.

It is what it is.
Sponsored