First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Business owner/Vibration Analyst
2020 Overland. 2" Mopar lift & 35" BFG KO2's. Its been a few months since I installed all this and I have to say the ride is really rough!! Even hitting minor cracks and seams in the road, my jeep rattles. Potholes, I feel like I'm running over curbs!!

I noticed the ride was a bit stiffer after adding the lift and still running the stock tires/wheels. But honestly not much different than stock. Drove it that way for a month before the wheels arrived. After the new wheels/tires, everything got rough. Wondering if it's simply just the 65 psi tire pressure difference.

Anybody else experiencing this? Any suggestions?
Sponsored

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
2020 Overland. 2" Mopar lift & 35" BFG KO2's. Its been a few months since I installed all this and I have to say the ride is really rough!! Even hitting minor cracks and seams in the road, my jeep rattles. Potholes, I feel like I'm running over curbs!!

I noticed the ride was a bit stiffer after adding the lift and still running the stock tires/wheels. But honestly not much different than stock. Drove it that way for a month before the wheels arrived. After the new wheels/tires, everything got rough. Wondering if it's simply just the 65 psi tire pressure difference.

Yikes!!!

65psi

Do your tires a solid and try the calk test.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
WOW -65? Holy cow. Drop that pressure by at least 30 psi !
BIGGER tires means LOWER pressure, not higher.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if someone read the max load pressure on the sidewall?
That's ONLY for a tire on a truck fully loaded to the maximum the tires will handle (load rating) and not for normal driving.
No Jeep tire would or should be run that high.
Bigger and wider tires use lower pressures than the factory H/T tires which are stickered at 38.
I run my A/T tires at about 34-35 depending on load and his tires are even bigger.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BalancedPete

BalancedPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ok, so I'm a dofuss! I always assumed that you go by the psi listed on the tires when you get away from stock. I'll be dropping the pressure way down today and see whats what. Thanks everybody!!

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Also, if u have an E load rating, u will have stiffer sidewall than D or even C. But since ur sidewall said 65 psi max, I assume it's D rating.

OP
OP
BalancedPete

BalancedPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ok, so I'm a dofuss! I always assumed that you go by the psi listed on the tires when you get away from stock. I'll be dropping the pressure way down today and see whats what. Thanks everybody!!

Yeah, so I dropped the pressure to 40 psi for my ride home today and it was a total game changer. Feel like a real idiot now, but at least it's solved so theres that. Thanks to all for you input!

Jeeper dad

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2022 JLU
Occupation
IT
Yeah, so I dropped the pressure to 40 psi for my ride home today and it was a total game changer. Feel like a real idiot now, but at least it's solved so theres that. Thanks to all for you input!
Great to hear!
if you think 40 psi made a difference, you should try 35-36 psi. For me, also running 35s, that’s the sweet spot.

Sponsored

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
I run 31-32 PSI in my 315/70R17 KO2's, C rated. Tazer keeps the computer from bitching.

cmb396

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Currently running 32-34 in both of ours. JLUR on 37" toyo, JTR on 39" KM3.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation

The root problem is that now the geometry of your control arms has changed. The more parallel your control arms are to the roadway the better the truck will ride. When you start to introduce any angle at all into the control arms now you are transferring energy into the frame with every bump and imperfection. Double whammy because the track bars also changed when you lifted. So now you're getting vertical energy and torsional energy into the frame. It's going to ride rough. No way around it except geometry correction brackets.

And yeah...65 PSI was way too much.
Sponsored