Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
FCA cancels summer shutdowns at several N.A. plants

Jeep Gladiator Summer Shutdown Cancelled at Toledo Plant to Meet Gladiator Demand Jeep Gladiator Production Assembly Plant Toledo

June 17, 2020

DETROIT -- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles said several of its North America plants will not have summer shutdowns this year "in order to meet strong consumer demand."

The plants that will remain open through the summer build vehicles such as the Ram 1500, Jeep Wrangler and Gladiator, and Dodge's muscle cars.

Those plants are Jefferson North Assembly in Detroit; Toledo Assembly Complex in Ohio; Sterling Heights Assembly in suburban Detroit; Brampton Assembly in Ontario; Saltillo Truck Assembly in Mexico; and Saltillo Van Assembly.

FCA said the following plants will still observe a shutdown this summer of either one or two weeks:

• Warren Truck Assembly in suburban Detroit, which will close the weeks of June 29 and July 6. FCA said Warren Truck's shutdown "will extend through the end of September as retooling continues for the launch of the Jeep Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer."
  • Belvidere Assembly Plant in Illinois, which builds the Jeep Cherokee, will be down the week of Aug. 17.
  • Windsor Assembly Plant in Canada that produces FCA's minivans will be down the weeks of July 20 and July 27.
  • Toluca Assembly Plant in Mexico will be down for four weeks for model changeover beginning July 6.
The automaker said "powertrain, stamping and component plants will align work patterns to support assembly production schedules."
Sponsored

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
So, is this pent up demand from the COVID shutdown? Are people eager to buy as long as they get great rebates and or free financing? Or are these FCA vehicles really that popular?

One wonders...

No IFS

First Name
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Banned
I did recently read an article that said jeep was like the number one searched vehicle during this Covid I guess people really want to get outdoors or whatever. I think they’re sitting on the lot because the dealers and banks and people are just getting outside and moving

Len

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Local dealer has 42 Gladiators on the lot, I don't think there is a shortage, this is just a way for FCA to push more products onto the shoulders of the dealer network.
In Virginia Beach we have 40 in the entire area serving 400,000 people. And the couple we have on the lots are the very basic model. We absolutely have a shortage out here.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I live in a small town and our local dealership is a Ford, Chrysler, Jeep, & Dodge dealer. Luckily my 2 main vehicles are a Dodge & a Jeep. But they don’t have many (really any) JT’s on the lot, and if they get one it’s either the cheapest base model possible, or a fully-loaded JTR, and it’s gone in a week, or less.

SmoothRegulator

First Name
Jens
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JT Overland Ecodiesel (EU spec)
Occupation
Teacher
Vehicle Showcase
There sure as heck is a dire shortage of the announced ecodiesel Gladiator to be released in Europe over here in Germany... *Insertrandomsadface*

ZombieRacing

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 jeep YJ, 2013 Mazda CX5, 2015 VW Tiguan
I work for a parts supplier for Ford, gm, and fiat Chrysler and they have all cancelled summer shutdown

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Local dealer has 42 Gladiators on the lot, I don't think there is a shortage, this is just a way for FCA to push more products onto the shoulders of the dealer network.
Here in SoCal most of the Jeep dealers have around 5 or 6 with some of the bigger dealers perhaps around 10-12. I've honestly never seen more than that whether online or in person.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
So, is this pent up demand from the COVID shutdown? Are people eager to buy as long as they get great rebates and or free financing? Or are these FCA vehicles really that popular?
Answer to all three questions: Yes.

Sponsored

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
FCA cancels summer shutdowns at several N.A. plants

Jeep Gladiator Summer Shutdown Cancelled at Toledo Plant to Meet Gladiator Demand Jeep Gladiator Production Assembly Plant Toledo

June 17, 2020

DETROIT -- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles said several of its North America plants will not have summer shutdowns this year "in order to meet strong consumer demand."

The plants that will remain open through the summer build vehicles such as the Ram 1500, Jeep Wrangler and Gladiator, and Dodge's muscle cars.

Those plants are Jefferson North Assembly in Detroit; Toledo Assembly Complex in Ohio; Sterling Heights Assembly in suburban Detroit; Brampton Assembly in Ontario; Saltillo Truck Assembly in Mexico; and Saltillo Van Assembly.

FCA said the following plants will still observe a shutdown this summer of either one or two weeks:

• Warren Truck Assembly in suburban Detroit, which will close the weeks of June 29 and July 6. FCA said Warren Truck's shutdown "will extend through the end of September as retooling continues for the launch of the Jeep Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer."
  • Belvidere Assembly Plant in Illinois, which builds the Jeep Cherokee, will be down the week of Aug. 17.
  • Windsor Assembly Plant in Canada that produces FCA's minivans will be down the weeks of July 20 and July 27.
  • Toluca Assembly Plant in Mexico will be down for four weeks for model changeover beginning July 6.
The automaker said "powertrain, stamping and component plants will align work patterns to support assembly production schedules."
This is great news.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Houston Dealerships have a fair amount of JT from my looking around but most are either Black or White which it seems no one wants and they are not really offering anything special to get rid of them. Seen a few white rubicon's roaming around my area recently with soccer mom's driving them. There are some rubicon's but again mainly black or white it seems and no real special deals. Only thing they seem to be trying to go low on are the units with basically noting in them.

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
They has a spring shutdown this year instead of a summer one.

DunnMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I live in the PNW of Canada, and there is definitely a shortage here. The only reason I custom ordered mine is because my dealer couldn't get what I wanted in BC or neighbouring Alberta.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The dealership I got mine at only has 2 left on site sold over 17 in few weeks I stopped by last week they only had 3 Jeeps left for sale on lot JT/JL when I got mine they was flush with anything from JK,JKU, JL,JLU and JT's some of the sales guys was taking days off due to not having anything to sell in Jeep line.
Sponsored