JTC
Vehicle Showcase
Here are some pics of it helps.

comparing the oem vs sumo
1D4DF2AE-5D2D-4A45-886A-4BB40B211A0C.jpeg
D7B73AE1-2A7B-452B-815B-4AFE107BDEC1.jpeg

i added a 2in bump stop extension
ABFE9D5B-464F-4B9A-ACC3-DFD21B0702E6.jpeg

after the extension the sumos contact with less weight needed in the bed. Making them more useful
41725EE5-CC6E-4953-B3D6-1B8B90090775.jpeg
DD5F178C-9B0F-49EF-AEEA-AE76DCB81DBF.jpeg

It wasn’t needed but I also air bags in the rear. %100 over kill for my JTMT.
Thanks… do you have any lift? I see you have the Rubi wheels… did you install the springs or a lift too?
Sponsored

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks… do you have any lift? I see you have the Rubi wheels… did you install the springs or a lift too?
There is def lift on there. Probably a 2.5” lift. The sumos are designed to be within an 1” of frame under normal conditions.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
2in iron rock off road spacers front and rear. So just 2ins of lift.
Stock jtmt springs

19Delta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built JKUR to an F150 FX4, to my 2022 Mojave!
Update.
The spring inserts I was sent did not fot no matter what I tried. So i gave up on that idea and installed the air bags. Didn’t honestly need them after putting the bump stops in. But I had them so why not right?

63361E0C-0EAF-4B07-8B33-E215067A58E1.jpeg

6854867E-C41E-489D-AE32-214EE3188142.jpeg
What is your towing review now of the sumosprings? How about with the airbags? How much air pressure do you run in them? Overall what would you do or not do again?

I will be towing close to max tow of my Mojave. I am currently leaning towards sumosprings. Then I can swap them back to stock bump stops when not towing.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
What is your towing review now of the sumosprings? How about with the airbags? How much air pressure do you run in them? Overall what would you do or not do again?

I will be towing close to max tow of my Mojave. I am currently leaning towards sumosprings. Then I can swap them back to stock bump stops when not towing.
The combo of the two make for a very nice ride while towing. I run the bags at 20-25psi that way the sumos are just barely touching the contact pad. Im pleased with the combo for sure. My travel trailer is close to 5,000lbs loaded with a single axle and rides nice.

10DEDB58-2CEA-44B3-9D8A-9C894A623057.jpeg

Sponsored

19Delta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The combo of the two make for a very nice ride while towing. I run the bags at 20-25psi that way the sumos are just barely touching the contact pad. Im pleased with the combo for sure. My travel trailer is close to 5,000lbs loaded with a single axle and rides nice.

Jeep Gladiator Sumosprings/ Timbren for towing 10DEDB58-2CEA-44B3-9D8A-9C894A623057
Good to hear. My dad had a wolf pup that I used often. He just sold it and bought a grey wolf 22rr. That is what I will be pulling. Looking forward to the extra space and 2nd axle. Not looking forward to the extra weight!

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Good to hear. My dad had a wolf pup that I used often. He just sold it and bought a grey wolf 22rr. That is what I will be pulling. Looking forward to the extra space and 2nd axle. Not looking forward to the extra weight!
Yea that hitch weight will be interesting. With a good wdh and either the sumos or bags…or both….will make a marked difference. And thankfully the bags and sumos are inexpensive and easy to install

interesting side note, i put a set of sumos on the wolf pup aswell. They help with trailer movement and bounce. I sorta thought it wad a gimmick until i put them on. They really actually helped a lot!

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
For a Mojave, should I get the sumo 1,400lb (blue) or 1,800lb (black)?

https://www.superspringsinternation...duct_model=Gladiator&product_drive_type=4+X+4

I think I will skip the bags for now and see how the sumo do.
Id say 1400 just because thats what I have so its what I know. Im sure there is some big brain logic to choosing which ones. Id reach out to them and see. They’re very quick to respond to inquiries, especially with their live chat feature in the pc website

19Delta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Id say 1400 just because thats what I have so its what I know. Im sure there is some big brain logic to choosing which ones. Id reach out to them and see. They’re very quick to respond to inquiries, especially with their live chat feature in the pc website
Thanks, I just sent an email.

Sponsored

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
Okay, according to super springs, the Gladiator kit is 5.5” long so about 4.5” outside the frame socket. The universal kit is 5.5”, but it’s essentially all effective spring as there is no material going into the socket on the frame. The 4” washer would cover the socket opening. You will need to buy a bolt to go through the kit and the hole at the top of the frame socket. They also make 1/2” spacers that you can buy for the Gladiator kit, but you have to call customer service to order them. This will space it out further, but also limit travel.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Okay, according to super springs, the Gladiator kit is 5.5” long so about 4.5” outside the frame socket. The universal kit is 5.5”, but it’s essentially all effective spring as there is no material going into the socket on the frame. The 4” washer would cover the socket opening. You will need to buy a bolt to go through the kit and the hole at the top of the frame socket. They also make 1/2” spacers that you can buy for the Gladiator kit, but you have to call customer service to order them. This will space it out further, but also limit travel.
I know the front sumos have the bolt, but I didn’t realize the rears did. Interesting

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
I know the front sumos have the bolt, but I didn’t realize the rears did. Interesting
It might for the kit as is, but if you start staking spacers you'd need a longer bolt. With the current 25% off sale, I'm thinking about getting both the Gladiator and universal kits. Figure between the two I can get the fit I'm looking for.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
On most trucks, the SumoSprings are designed to always be in contact with the bump stop pad. The Timbrens are designed to have 0.5" to 1.5" clearance between the pad and the bottom of the spring.

It looks like the opposite is true for the Gladiator. All of you guys have a gap between the pad and your sumosprings. Hmm...

I'm running the Timbrens on my Ram right now (almost identical suspension to the Jeep) because they are rated 8,800 lbs. load. With 1,000 lbs. of tongue weight, my truck rides like a Cadillac and you can definitely feel them working. I'm concerned that since the SumoSprings have a considerably lower load rating that they won't be adequate for doing the job. Has anybody here tried the Timbren kit for Gladiator?
Late reply to the question but I have a set of the off-road bumpstops (which are slightly lighter than the tow kit) from Timbren and they ride like a dream. They're much longer than stock so I do hit them pretty regularly but they are so smooth.

When I towed across country with factory springs it was pretty obvious when I was hitting the bumps but with these it just feels like I hit a stiffer section of the dampers. Highly recommend.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
It might for the kit as is, but if you start staking spacers you'd need a longer bolt. With the current 25% off sale, I'm thinking about getting both the Gladiator and universal kits. Figure between the two I can get the fit I'm looking for.
Where/what is the 25% code listed?
Sponsored