sun visor broken, $500

Braunsemail

First Name
Braun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wrangler JK Unlimited
My passenger side one did the same thing the other day. Defiantly not going to make it very far without a better design.
Sponsored

brookie0907

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ UR 2020 JT Rubicon
My passenger side one did the same thing the other day. Defiantly not going to make it very far without a better design.
My driver side also broke. I tried to order from a few mopar parts dealers and it backordered with no ETA. I guess I will make a DIY repair as listed in the JL forum. With my commute I have sun in my face coming and going, so it is a safety issue for real.

OP
OP
whiteglad

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Brookie, my pass side broke recently and I went to Jeep Cares again. They facilitated and I got it replaced by my dealer in a good time frame. I suggest you order through the service Dept. and Jeep Cares, not parts dept. I had also tried, unsuccessfully, to get it through Parts first..

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
My link on page 1 still works... just saying. No that's not me selling it, no hat in this ring. Just pointing out you can have it for cheaper and in 2 days or under if you're a Prime member. Even faster if you REALLY need.

brookie0907

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is that for the driver side, with the garage door controls? I've seen so many different part numbers, I'm not sure. I have some shaft collars coming today for $10, so I think I'm going to try that first. If it works, it should be a more solid fix. Thx

Sponsored

Mouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Just posting up to say that my passenger side broke yesterday. Ordered through BAM. Listed price was $66. Amazon has the passenger side as well.

brookie0907

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just posting up to say that my passenger side broke yesterday. Ordered through BAM. Listed price was $66. Amazon has the passenger side as well.
I fixed my driver side with the shaft collar DIY as posted on the JL forum. It is a solid fix and I'd be constantly afraid an OEM replacement would also break. I have enough supplies to replace 3 more. I''m assuming all OEM visors are the same plastic design.

Mouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I fixed my driver side with the shaft collar DIY as posted on the JL forum. It is a solid fix and I'd be constantly afraid an OEM replacement would also break. I have enough supplies to replace 3 more. I''m assuming all OEM visors are the same plastic design.
Do you have a link to that thread?

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Deleted member 33157

Same thing just happened to me 2500 miles 2020 overland.... bummer...not looking forward to dealing with it.

MoparDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR manual /2023 ZLE manual /2018 Demon #1399
I just joined the broken visor club today with my 2020.

I don't even use my visor but attempted to today and it broke immediately.

Still under warranty but Jeep needs to come up with a permanent fix.

Other than this I have had zero issues 2 years and 24,000 miles.

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
The crazier thing is I can't even use my sun visors since I look out the top 2" of the windshield with my seat in the lowest position. If it weren't for the wiring I could simply remove mine.
Sponsored