First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 EcoDiesel Rubicon
Occupation
at a job
Are you emailing the general Suntops email, or to Ryan @ Suntops USA? I ask because my emails to the general inbox have gone unanswered but Ryan was very responsive.

I just took "July" to mean sometime between July 1 and July 31...and honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was August or September.
Sponsored

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
I think the issue isn't that they haven't delivered yet, it is that they aren't communicating.

I was ready to send them my money, but this lack of communication is making me rethink that.

They seem very sketchy to me at this point.
They're "social distancing" lmao.

Wkyfiregladdy

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Mechanic
Are you emailing the general Suntops email, or to Ryan @ Suntops USA? I ask because my emails to the general inbox have gone unanswered but Ryan was very responsive.

I just took "July" to mean sometime between July 1 and July 31...and honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was August or September.
I email Ryan, he told me a couple weeks ago first or second week of July… still waiting I’m just getting impatient I guess… really just excited to have a soft top… miss having a soft top on my jku… was hoping to enjoy it this summer

TommyGp

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 EcoDiesel Rubicon
Occupation
at a job
I email Ryan, he told me a couple weeks ago first or second week of July… still waiting I’m just getting impatient I guess… really just excited to have a soft top… miss having a soft top on my jku… was hoping to enjoy it this summer
Yeah, me too. I'm tired of taking my hard top on and off for rain or high heat. LOL

I got an email asking me to rate my purchase last night so I clicked the link letting them know I haven't gotten it. I assume that's just a standard generated email from the Shop app, but it said it would notify the seller so I figured it couldn't hurt.

Motech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CITY-GS.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2019 VW GTI, 2018 BMW R1200GS
Occupation
Technologist
im holding off until 2022 early spring.
If i ordered a few weeks ago when i hd the chance, i wouldnt get it till september or october which is useless in NYC area.
Also, who knows maybe by spring 2022 we will have more options.

Sponsored

TommyGp

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 EcoDiesel Rubicon
Occupation
at a job
I emailed Ryan yesterday and he replied today saying they should have the "restock" this week so all open orders should ship Monday! I'm stoked!

Motech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CITY-GS.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technologist
awesome, we really need some better videos/photos!
Or even a PDF instruction set would help so much.

samw5

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Billet Silver Gladiator Rubicon
They have a pretty good install video on the website for the jlu. Sides and front should be the same... Back likely will have some bracket as well.

I emailed them today thru the site and got a response from Ryan within a couple of hours... Next batch should be end of next month... Will be notified when avail but looks like they go pretty quickly.
Would love if the rolled back down all the way to the back of the rear window but otherwise looks like the best solution for a true summer alternative to the stock soft top.

Motech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CITY-GS.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technologist
i think its going to be very different from the JLU? A lot less complicated. I could be wrong but the rear is harder on wranglers.

Sponsored

Wkyfiregladdy

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Mechanic
I emailed Ryan yesterday and he replied today saying they should have the "restock" this week so all open orders should ship Monday! I'm stoked!
I tried emailing Ryan this week, I thought I was following this thread glad I just got on and checked, sure can’t wait to get it, still hadn’t heard from Ryan yet, hope to get mine, there were 3 of us that ordered it same weekend?

TommyGp

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 EcoDiesel Rubicon
Occupation
at a job
They have a pretty good install video on the website for the jlu. Sides and front should be the same... Back likely will have some bracket as well.

I emailed them today thru the site and got a response from Ryan within a couple of hours... Next batch should be end of next month... Will be notified when avail but looks like they go pretty quickly.
Would love if the rolled back down all the way to the back of the rear window but otherwise looks like the best solution for a true summer alternative to the stock soft top.
When I was asking about how the back works Ryan told me it would have a bow at the top rear corner to keep headroom and there would be a rail along the top of the rear cab wall that holds the rear window panel in place. What I don't know is whether that upper bow gets rolled up inside the top panel when rolled forward, is just a rod that has to be stored, or something more creative. Regardless, I'm ready for it!

ritojr

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Build Thread
Link
Would be interested to see these. I was going to get a sunrider but with winter coming may just use the freedom tops for now and wait to see how this turn out and get something for 2022

bk030

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
I tried emailing Ryan this week, I thought I was following this thread glad I just got on and checked, sure can’t wait to get it, still hadn’t heard from Ryan yet, hope to get mine, there were 3 of us that ordered it same weekend?
i also ordered that weekend as well. i had emailed Ryan, but never got a response about what was going on. i just think things are taking longer like everything else these days.

I'm guessing these didn't ship out on Monday 7/26? i didn't receive any notifications. i don't mind waiting longer, however i would like solid updates for those of us who are waiting after placing orders.

TommyGp

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 EcoDiesel Rubicon
Occupation
at a job
i also ordered that weekend as well. i had emailed Ryan, but never got a response about what was going on. i just think things are taking longer like everything else these days.

I'm guessing these didn't ship out on Monday 7/26? i didn't receive any notifications. i don't mind waiting longer, however i would like solid updates for those of us who are waiting after placing orders.
From what I can tell, no. Haven't gotten a reply to my email from this week yet. I agree it's probably just shipping delays and nothing nefarious is going on. I'll wait however long I need to wait. Worst case someone else develops something better that is currently available and I cancel the order.
Sponsored