aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S. Max Tow.
Vehicle Showcase
Well then that's good to hear, I take back the flappy bit :)
There are straps that buckle into a clip on the front of the top. And without the back portion that was on the JLUR, I'd imagine a lot less flapping since it's a smaller top. It wasn't enough to bother me either.
Sponsored

Motech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CITY-GS.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2019 VW GTI, 2018 BMW R1200GS
Occupation
Technologist
From Ryan:

"We sold out of our first batch of JT Tops almost immediately, but have more coming in towards the end of next month. If you’re interested, I can add you to our pre-order list to get the first shot at the next batch!"

Id love to be on the next batch so lets see!
Anyone get theirs yet?

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I emailed them a couple of weeks ago asking for a price and more pictures of the features and never heard back from them. In the meantime a couple of people here ordered theirs and suntop put out two pretty weak videos showing the operation of the top. The two videos are less than a minute long.

Iam still excited for this top but will be waiting for first hand reviews before I order especially having never done business with Suntop.

Sponsored

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Did it flap when its fully closed up?
A little, but I would imagine this one flapping less since it's a little smaller.

smw17gladiator

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Sport S Max Tow
Just got on the preorder list for Suntop, hoping at this point I make their projected august batch delivery. Very interested to hear from folks who get theirs and get it installed - overall impressions, wind noise / flapping, possible need for permanent Velcro adhesives like I’ve seen on some of their JL videos, etc. Looks like a really good solution for what I want, so fingers crossed that reality matches up to my hopes. :fingerscrossed: And as a bald guy who said I’d give any hairdo a chance of I ever got to go back to having hair, may get a chance to somewhat put my money where my mouth is to at least be ok with my truck having bangs?!?

Wkyfiregladdy

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Mechanic
From Ryan:

"We sold out of our first batch of JT Tops almost immediately, but have more coming in towards the end of next month. If you’re interested, I can add you to our pre-order list to get the first shot at the next batch!"

Id love to be on the next batch so lets see!
Anyone get theirs yet?
Still waiting, prob not till next week or week after from Ryan… just sitting here waiting for it to show up

Nielsen2385

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Occupation
Highway matinence
Has anyone heard anything more from the suntop, I got an email on june9th saying I was in on the first shipment and they haven’t responded to any emails in 2 weeks?

Wkyfiregladdy

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanic
I’m sitting here waiting hoping we didn’t get doped

Sponsored

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I’m sitting here waiting hoping we didn’t get doped

Have faith, not sure if they're still shipping from Italy but that's where my first top came from for my JLU. Warrantied replacement top came from the US.

Wkyfiregladdy

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanic
Lol, you don't want performance enhancing drugs? :P
Haha no I’ll stick to beer, I was hoping to hear that they at least shipped… already had 2 emails asking to rate my purchase

coit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Have faith, not sure if they're still shipping from Italy but that's where my first top came from for my JLU. Warrantied replacement top came from the US.
I think the issue isn't that they haven't delivered yet, it is that they aren't communicating.

I was ready to send them my money, but this lack of communication is making me rethink that.

They seem very sketchy to me at this point.

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
They've stated in their email to me some time ago that the pandemic had slowed down their production. Maybe they are still dealing with slow labor or lack of work force. They do not communicate consistently for me but they've been around and are established as a company. I was underwhelmed at their video of the softop but a least they posted something. Iam still game if this company pus out a good alternative to the man bun.
Sponsored