Sponsored

be77solo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Sport 6-MT, '19 Cadillac XT4
Ok, what am I missing here? I understand most aftermarket products, but what's the appeal here? It doesn't seem to do anything better than the stock soft top, and the stock soft top looks way cleaner in my opinion.

I even watched the video clips, I can have my rear window out faster without those big plastic looking pieces and also faster and easier to flip back....

I mean sure, I have a "man bun" at the back, but this is the same just at the front? I'm confused?

I see new in box factory soft tops (some premium) on here all the time for sale for similar prices. What's the appeal here?

I totally get the Sunrider half option they've had out for years if you have a hard top, so I promise I'm not a hater ha.... I just don't understand this new roof option?

OP
OP
jhale1800

jhale1800

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, 2000 Ford Crown Victoria, 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe, 2017 Mazda3
Ok, what am I missing here? I understand most aftermarket products, but what's the appeal here? It doesn't seem to do anything better than the stock soft top, and the stock soft top looks way cleaner in my opinion.

I even watched the video clips, I can have my rear window out faster without those big plastic looking pieces and also faster and easier to flip back....

I mean sure, I have a "man bun" at the back, but this is the same just at the front? I'm confused?

I see new in box factory soft tops (some premium) on here all the time for sale for similar prices. What's the appeal here?

I totally get the Sunrider half option they've had out for years if you have a hard top, so I promise I'm not a hater ha.... I just don't understand this new roof option?
I probably would have gone with the OEM soft top in the first place if it was offered in TAN. I like that this one rolls forward, so it's compatible with my bed rack and tent, which are not man bun compatible...

Jeep Gladiator Suntop Working on a Gladiator Product 1634068369812

Jeep Gladiator Suntop Working on a Gladiator Product 1634068419793

be77solo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Sport 6-MT, '19 Cadillac XT4
I probably would have gone with the OEM soft top in the first place if it was offered in TAN. I like that this one rolls forward, so it's compatible with my bed rack and tent, which are not man bun compatible...

Yep, I totally get it in your use case. Many safe travels!!!

I just struggle to see another use case unless the stock soft top limits your mods........ I'm sure others will crush me, but the stock soft top is better in every other way I can tell, I love it! It's awesome, I open it almost daily, literally 30 seconds. And the back window is easy to remove/replace, and so much larger.

Your truck looks great! These are just comments for the thread.

Reactions: A 2

TommyGp

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 EcoDiesel Rubicon
Occupation
at a job
Yep, I totally get it in your use case. Many safe travels!!!

I just struggle to see another use case unless the stock soft top limits your mods........ I'm sure others will crush me, but the stock soft top is better in every other way I can tell, I love it! It's awesome, I open it almost daily, literally 30 seconds. And the back window is easy to remove/replace, and so much larger.

Your truck looks great! These are just comments for the thread.
If I were to do it over I would have just ordered the factory dual top group. I expected that I would find a factory soft top for sale at a reasonable price but never did...at least not anywhere nearby that I could snag. I agree that the factory top is a better overall solution, but am still happy with the Suntop.

Honestly, I don't roll the top forward nearly as often as I would have when I was younger. I find that no doors and safari top mode is perfect for me. I ultimately would like a full set of 2-piece soft doors to go with it. That would be the perfect Spring/Summer/Fall setup for me.

Sponsored

redriderjf87

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
saltmustflow.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT, '81 Z-28, '18 TW200, '72 CT 175
Occupation
Electrical Controls Engineer

I'd argue it looks a lot better rolled than the stock man-bun. That would be the distinction I'd make at least

A 2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2020 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Construction
Maybe ask for a fabric sample
I was emailing with Ryan at Suntop. He didnā€™t have samples but he did say it was the same color as all their other products. I guess I need to hunt down a wrangler with a Suntop.

A 2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2020 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Construction

Btw, the parts you painted looks good. Happy with them?

OP
OP
jhale1800

jhale1800

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, 2000 Ford Crown Victoria, 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe, 2017 Mazda3
Btw, the parts you painted looks good. Happy with them?
I'm happy with the decision to paint the brackets, and how the tan top looks.

I still need to make some adjustments to the top and rear window so it fits correctly, but I think it needs time to stretch out.
Sponsored