Blknblu

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Viper, 1968 Coronet R/T, 2011 Mopar 11. 2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
is the SRTthe track hawk? I thought that was a hellcat?
The SRT is the 392 version of the GC and the Trackhawk is the Hellcat version.

Bruce
Sponsored

Bradt530

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Since Jeep won’t do it, I did it myself

VIDEOS

PHOTOS

JT Jeep Gladiator 6.4L V8 Hemi Engine Swap 1.JPG
JT Jeep Gladiator 6.4L V8 Hemi Engine Swap 2.JPG
JT Jeep Gladiator 6.4L V8 Hemi Engine Swap 3.JPG
JT Jeep Gladiator 6.4L V8 Hemi Engine Swap 5.JPG
JT Jeep Gladiator 6.4L V8 Hemi Engine Swap 4.JPG

Updated with comments:

My thoughts are this thing is incredible... that much power at your fingertips is never anything I’ve ever had in the many Jeeps I’ve owned. I understand 40k is a big ask, but it was worth every penny so far. Drivability is exactly as stock, just with much more acceleration, and it’s a bit harder to stop with factory rubicon brakes, and 40s...

Daily driver, easily. I’ve already head it on a 500 mile trip, and smiled whenever I wasn’t at a gas station. The 20gal tank is a bit small for this engine. I’m getting about 13mpg (calculated) on the highway.
And about 10.5mpg mixed driving. But let’s be real I’m hammering this thing every chance I get so those numbers are skewed

I’ve not towed with it, but I feel like I could pull a house. They did a fantastic job keeping this engine cool. I never see higher than 210° even at idle in 95° sunny day.

40k is steep, yes. But what do you think Jeep is going to charge if they ever do put a hemi in it? I’ve got a buddy on the wrangler design Team at Jeep. According to him if it ever did happen, it won’t be in this model. Because the engine bay would need to be elongated so much for crash approval.

So anyway, Jeep will at least add 25k to the sticker price for a 6.4, look at the price jump in the grand Cherokee. I don’t know, it was worth it to me.
That a bad AZZ truck. I'd love to have a HEMI in my Gladiator for sure. I'm afraid I'm gonna have to wait till it's an option Then I'd have to sell my Grey Ghost Galdiator . That is unless I hit the Texas Lotto for more then 20K. Austin is right down the street..Maybe I can trade them a 76 Ford Bronco for the work.

Sponsored

navyspook7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dune 2014 JKUS
Here's some RUMINT - Jeep is supposedly a go with the HEMI, but like someone mentioned they needed to enlarge the engine bay for crash test, so the front seats lose their forward/back adjustment (I'm assuming this also means the dash gets bumped back). This is coming from a guy who works at Fox on the Gladiator team. Could be a test rig or some such, take it FWIW, better than having no rumors at all I guess.

STL Gladiator

First Name
Horace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Max Tow - traded, 2021 JT Rubicon

VIDEOS

PHOTOS

JT Jeep Gladiator 6.4L V8 Hemi Engine Swap 1.JPG
JT Jeep Gladiator 6.4L V8 Hemi Engine Swap 2.JPG
JT Jeep Gladiator 6.4L V8 Hemi Engine Swap 3.JPG
JT Jeep Gladiator 6.4L V8 Hemi Engine Swap 5.JPG
JT Jeep Gladiator 6.4L V8 Hemi Engine Swap 4.JPG

Updated with comments:

My thoughts are this thing is incredible... that much power at your fingertips is never anything I’ve ever had in the many Jeeps I’ve owned. I understand 40k is a big ask, but it was worth every penny so far. Drivability is exactly as stock, just with much more acceleration, and it’s a bit harder to stop with factory rubicon brakes, and 40s...

Daily driver, easily. I’ve already head it on a 500 mile trip, and smiled whenever I wasn’t at a gas station. The 20gal tank is a bit small for this engine. I’m getting about 13mpg (calculated) on the highway.
And about 10.5mpg mixed driving. But let’s be real I’m hammering this thing every chance I get so those numbers are skewed

I’ve not towed with it, but I feel like I could pull a house. They did a fantastic job keeping this engine cool. I never see higher than 210° even at idle in 95° sunny day.

40k is steep, yes. But what do you think Jeep is going to charge if they ever do put a hemi in it? I’ve got a buddy on the wrangler design Team at Jeep. According to him if it ever did happen, it won’t be in this model. Because the engine bay would need to be elongated so much for crash approval.

So anyway, Jeep will at least add 25k to the sticker price for a 6.4, look at the price jump in the grand Cherokee. I don’t know, it was worth it to me.
I think this is kool. I have had two SRT Chargers in the past so I know how one can feel about the 392 Hemi. Personally I would be just as happy with a good old 5.7 liter Hemi in my JT.

Kudos to you my friend...YOLO.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I saw one of these in person over the weekend. 6.4 Hemi and Dana 60s. The thing, especially the sound is awesome. I think what shocked me the most is how little space this engine takes up in the front. It looks like it fits when you see it.

JkJT84

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w Max Tow
Occupation
LEO
Vehicle Showcase
I was debating a swap( 5.7) but think this thread is pushing me towards going with the Magnuson Supercharger instead for the power to cost gain. Still awesome to have a 6.4 in one

Sponsored

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
I agree completely with the OP. I’ve had mine since January and love it. New engine, tranny, radiator, tranny cooler, TC adapter, SS exhaust and ecu tuning For the price. Everything else works perfectly and the annoying engine stop/start is disabled.

Cristagalli

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 TJR
For those asking about the 5.7L swap. Our shop in Myrtle Beach, SC did the first 5.7L Gladiator swap in the country using AMW4x4 crate engine. It really has all the power and grunt you would want. Our shop JKs both have 6.4L but the 5.7L feels just as good. The install is 40 hours. AMW recommends we put 200-300 miles on the new engine to make sure the tune and all the seals and such are perfect. We normally keep the Jeep about 3 weeks to make sure everything is just right. We recently noticed a leaky AC line several days after installation was complete. We will be installing a 6.2L Hellcat in a Hydro Blue Mojave next week. Now that is an upgrade! Check out Aggressive Krawlers for more information.
Jeep Gladiator Swapped a 6.4L V8 Hemi into my Gladiator Rubicon "SRT" (Videos & Pics) 4B07D803-6F2A-4B0E-BA40-F8771AE3CE7A

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
For those asking about the 5.7L swap. Our shop in Myrtle Beach, SC did the first 5.7L Gladiator swap in the country using AMW4x4 crate engine. It really has all the power and grunt you would want. Our shop JKs both have 6.4L but the 5.7L feels just as good. The install is 40 hours. AMW recommends we put 200-300 miles on the new engine to make sure the tune and all the seals and such are perfect. We normally keep the Jeep about 3 weeks to make sure everything is just right. We recently noticed a leaky AC line several days after installation was complete. We will be installing a 6.2L Hellcat in a Hydro Blue Mojave next week. Now that is an upgrade! Check out Aggressive Krawlers for more information.
Jeep Gladiator Swapped a 6.4L V8 Hemi into my Gladiator Rubicon "SRT" (Videos & Pics) 4B07D803-6F2A-4B0E-BA40-F8771AE3CE7A
If I had the $, this is the way I'd go for sure.

Ohio5pt7

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ram 1500, 2019 wrangler JL US.
Occupation
Engineer

VIDEOS

PHOTOS

Updated with comments:

Why would it have to be elongated? Did they have to do that on the 392 wrangler?