First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT; 2017 JK; 2015 F350 duelly
Occupation
System Analyst
I need some help, and the wealth of knowledge here is truly outstanding. I am trying to install Swaybar disconnects on my '20 JT sport. The disconnects are made by rubicon express and reflect that they are for 0 to 6" lifts. As I have not lifted my JT yet, they are longer than the stock swaybar end links. Are there specific angles on the swaybar? Does it have to/need to be horizontal?
thank you for your assistance.....
Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
It should be slightly above horizontal, between 5-10 degrees. Since you have stock suspension, just set them at the stock length and you will be fine. If you install longer shocks, make sure the links are long enough to handle full suspension droop without the link and the swaybar becoming inline with each other. If that happens, the swaybar can possibly "flip" forward.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
It should be slightly above horizontal, between 5-10 degrees. Since you have stock suspension, just set them at the stock length and you will be fine. If you install longer shocks, make sure the links are long enough to handle full suspension droop without the link and the swaybar becoming inline with each other. If that happens, the swaybar can possibly "flip" forward.
^ i concur. Spot on.

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I added a 1.5” spacer on the front plus Rubicon springs. All in all, the front was lifted roughly 2.5”. I’ve still got the original sway bar links on there, but I’ve also got a spare set of longer OEM rear sway bar links. What’s the general consensus in switching them out?

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I added a 1.5” spacer on the front plus Rubicon springs. All in all, the front was lifted roughly 2.5”. I’ve still got the original sway bar links on there, but I’ve also got a spare set of longer OEM rear sway bar links. What’s the general consensus in switching them out?
I found the OEM rears to be too long for the front, even with 3" of lift and the 28.5” front shocks I’m running. My tires made contact with the upper end during certain suspension articulation. This may not have occurred with negative wheel offset versus the +12 mine have, or with shorter shocks. I swapped in some links which are 1” shorter than the OEM rears, and they are working great (I think they are 9.5", but it's been a while since I measured).
Sponsored

Last edited: