Sponsored

Swaybar disconnects recommendation - i do not want to cut off the tab on the passenger side

srchingon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Looking for a set of disconnects, thinking about the new Rancho. Any experience with these? I do not want to cut off the passenger side tab as required by JKS.

JKS is what I had on my '14 JKU and it was just a simple bolt on.
Sponsored

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
Could always buy MC quick discos. They don't require them. No idea about Ranchos. I would trust MC's over theirs.

BrightWhiteGladiator

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing - Planning & Research

BrightWhiteGladiator

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing - Planning & Research
Could always buy MC quick discos. They don't require them. No idea about Ranchos. I would trust MC's over theirs.
I looked into the MC ones and only thing about them is that they cannot be used if you have electronic disconnect (not applicable to me) and you have to have at least 2.5” of lift (applicable to me as my MOPAR suspension lift is only 2”) although designed specifically for MC 3.5” lift, I believe.

@Metalcloak please chime in if I am incorrect above!

MC or Synergy for sure though.

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I looked into the MC ones and only thing about them is that they cannot be used if you have electronic disconnect (not applicable to me) and you have to have at least 2.5” of lift (applicable to me as my MOPAR suspension lift is only 2”) although designed specifically for MC 3.5” lift, I believe.

@Metalcloak please chime in if I am incorrect above!

MC or Synergy for sure though.
Not sure if they currently have the rubi electro discos available separately outside of their full kits yet. They deff make them, but purchasing alone not sure if available yet.

I know they are coming out with their Gamechanger 2.5" lift soon. I have that on my JK and the links worked perfect for the 2" lift i had prior to changing to MC.

Hopefully they keep the same style so it can be used on 2" lifts. The links are super adjustable so I would be very surprised if the links coming with their 2.5" lift don't work on 2" lifts.

Sponsored

OP
OP

srchingon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Per Synergy - must cut off the tab.
I have the Mopar 2" plus 3/4" spacer, therefore i would need additional brackets to run the Synergy's or buy a Synergy track bar as well.

I don't do much wheeling but i do have a Sedona trip planned for early October and Big Bear right after.
With open diffs i need to keep the tires on the ground as much as possible.

Synergy.JPG

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Per Synergy - must cut off the tab.
I have the Mopar 2" plus 3/4" spacer, therefore i would need additional brackets to run the Synergy's or buy a Synergy track bar as well.

I don't do much wheeling but i do have a Sedona trip planned for early October and Big Bear right after.
With open diffs i need to keep the tires on the ground as much as possible.

Jeep Gladiator Swaybar disconnects recommendation - i do not want to cut off the tab on the passenger side Synergy.JPG
Just looked at the MC ones. Saw you have a Sport so no electro discos for you.

No cutting required (looked at the instructions to make sure).

Fronts: https://metalcloak.com/jl-front-sway-bar-quick-disconnect.html

Rears: https://metalcloak.com/jt-gladiator-rear-sway-bar-link-kit-12in.html

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would still call MC today to confirm what you need to do with a stock height JT (if you still are stock) @srchingon

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
If you dont do much wheeling then what you need is a couple wrench's & thats it.. If I was only disconnecting once a month or so I wouldn't bother with the aftermarket disconnects. It really isnt all that much longer if you have the right tools on hand.

obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed the JKS disconnects .... I was reluctant at first to trim off the tab as well, but now that it's all installed it wasn't a big deal. Their system is solid.

Sponsored

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
If you dont do much wheeling then what you need is a couple wrench's & thats it.. If I was only disconnecting once a month or so I wouldn't bother with the aftermarket disconnects. It really isnt all that much longer if you have the right tools on hand.
This. And I think I posted what torque to tighten them down to when you put them on. A wrench, socket, and torque wrench set is always in my truck anyway so not a problem.

morejeepsthanicancount

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Vehicle Showcase
As far as I know, I'm the only one running them right now, but I just installed the Rock Krawler JL/JT GEN 2 disconnects and they are a dream. Quieted up my front end like crazy over chatter and bumps, and the disconnect is one of the easier ones I've ever used. They are BEEFY. I got mine through Marcus @River City Offroad and have been extremely happy.

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
As far as I know, I'm the only one running them right now, but I just installed the Rock Krawler JL/JT GEN 2 disconnects and they are a dream. Quieted up my front end like crazy over chatter and bumps, and the disconnect is one of the easier ones I've ever used. They are BEEFY. I got mine through Marcus @River City Offroad and have been extremely happy.

Thanks for the video, good review, but I would really like to see you actually disconnect them! So because they have quick connects top and bottom you can disconnect off camber? I have JKS now but when I lift I may go a different route. Thanks

morejeepsthanicancount

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the video, good review, but I would really like to see you actually disconnect them! So because they have quick connects top and bottom you can disconnect off camber? I have JKS now but when I lift I may go a different route. Thanks
they’re super easy to disconnect even off camber.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
I have the JKS & when off camber & I need to connect I just ask someone to step on the rail on the side the needs to go down. Never had it taken more then a few seconds after the first time.
Sponsored