Switch placement ideas

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
I'm looking into buying the KC Hilite 6" Apollo Pro Pair Pack System https://www.kchilites.com/6-apollo-pro-pair-pack-system.html

At this point, I think I just want to buy this and use the provided switch rather than getting an Aux Switch system from either Mopar, Voswitch, Lasfit, etc. Any ideas where to mount the switch with minimal hacking?

If I was to get a switch system, is there any other brand that mounts them in a different location than the stock Mopar location?
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I would look at the left lower edge of the dash (near the OBD port) or the right side near the console. The switch should be able to be mounted with some 3M VHB tape if you don't want to drill into the dash. Unless you have a manual, there is a plastic plug in the firewall behind the brake pedal to run the wires through.

OP
OP
Orange01z28

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
OP
OP
Orange01z28

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
I would look at the left lower edge of the dash (near the OBD port) or the right side near the console. The switch should be able to be mounted with some 3M VHB tape if you don't want to drill into the dash. Unless you have a manual, there is a plastic plug in the firewall behind the brake pedal to run the wires through.
Perfect idea!

Yeah I have an 8 speed so that should work great

Then I can just reroute if I ever decide to add more stuff

GoVR46

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubicon, 2014 Highlander, 2007 BMW 335i (725 whp)
This is what I did because I needed more switches then the 4 factory switches.
Mounted an extra 4 switches under the steering wheel. One is a winch control so I don't need to take out the remote, one is for driving lights, fog lights, and gmrs power.

20201130_150648.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Orange01z28

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
This is what I did because I needed more switches then the 4 factory switches.
Mounted an extra 4 switches under the steering wheel. One is a winch control so I don't need to take out the remote, one is for driving lights, fog lights, and gmrs power.

Jeep Gladiator Switch placement ideas 20201130_150648
How much cutting/drilling did you have to do?

MyGeekDaddy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
I did find something from Voswitch that is more what I'm looking for, but I still don't know if I need that many switches

https://www.amazon.com/Voswitch-Pro...ngler-Gladiator/dp/B07VVN9T4X?ref_=ast_sto_dp
That's the switch I installed because I didn't want to spend $800-$900 for the dealer to install the Mopar Aux switches. The install was really easy. I was able to route the the controller wire into the cab by folding back the windshield, so the install didn't require going through the firewall.

Kindafearless

First Name
Elise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rublicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Enginerd
There is also room just below the gear shifter for smaller switches. The center console is held in place by 4 bolts and comes up fairly easily once you disconnect the wires under the passenger seat.
Sponsored