Sponsored

SYNERGY Track bar installed......UPDATE: Corrected 90% of the dead zone steering issues and highway wobble

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Question, and feel free to call me dumb.

Has anyone checked if this dead spot is also at the bottom of the steering range? I know I almost never get past 1/4 turn. Maybe it won't work, but what if you flipped the wheel 180* and adjusted the F**** out of the steering adjustment to bring it back to center. Anyone tried that? Or do we not have that much freedom to adjust? Free fix if it does it. Don't get blasted by the airbag though!

Even if it does fix it but factory doesn't have enough adjustment, swapping bars will probably cost WAY less and is a lot easier that what it looks like the Synergy requires.
Sponsored

oldhp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Galdiator 80th Anniversary
Occupation
Retired
The real question is; Is there anybody out there that knows how to properly adjust the steering box? It seems to me that alone would fix most of the problem. All the other "fixes" mask the problem to me.

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
The real question is; Is there anybody out there that knows how to properly adjust the steering box? It seems to me that alone would fix most of the problem. All the other "fixes" mask the problem to me.
Yep, posted all over this forum.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
I mean yeah what is the actual issue... is it a weak housing that twists on the transition from L to R... is it something inside the housing? Was it intentional for some reason and people just don't like it?

Sponsored

Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, 2009 Toyota Tacoma
Question, and feel free to call me dumb.

Has anyone checked if this dead spot is also at the bottom of the steering range? I know I almost never get past 1/4 turn. Maybe it won't work, but what if you flipped the wheel 180* and adjusted the F**** out of the steering adjustment to bring it back to center. Anyone tried that? Or do we not have that much freedom to adjust? Free fix if it does it. Don't get blasted by the airbag though!

Even if it does fix it but factory doesn't have enough adjustment, swapping bars will probably cost WAY less and is a lot easier that what it looks like the Synergy requires.
I won't call you "dumb" but maybe ignorant on how the steering system on these works. Doesn't sound like you know how the steering box works.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Nope, I do not. Thinking aloud.
Not enough clearance /not designed that way. There is a Jeep TSB to fix the steering issues. I think it’s a good start but if you safely crawl under you Jeep, and have someone saw the wheel back and forth with tires on the ground, you’ll see flex. Wonder if the new boxes eliminate/reduce this flex. That’s likely the underlying root cause of the steering issues. The Synergy brace can fix the flex but not repair the damaged internal gears.
Sponsored