Sponsored

Tazer - Disable Feature that turns in reverse lights?

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
I updated it a couple months ago when I installed it, but haven't gone back to it since to check. Again, even if the inconsistency was solved I would still look to disable the feature.
I think the point being made is that it's supposed to turn on after hitting unlock 5 times, so if an update corrects it to that then you'd never notice it unless you are needlessly spamming your unlock button.

I also think this is getting confusing because you're asking for and talking about more than one request in the replies at the same time. Right now the conversation is that you have an issue AND want a feature added. The assumption is you are requesting a new feature to fix an issue. That means if the issue gets fixed, the feature request isn't needed anymore. If you keep it to just one of those topics then it'll be easier to discuss. Most here are trying to help in tackling the issue, not so much about adding a feature.

For the record, I have a Tazer and do not have this issue. I also have no reason to hit unlock more than twice in a row though.
Sponsored

OP
OP

ZoneArc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
Occupation
Manager, Solutions Consulting
I think the point being made is that it's supposed to turn on after hitting unlock 5 times, so if an update corrects it to that then you'd never notice it unless you are needlessly spamming your unlock button.

I also think this is getting confusing because you're asking for and talking about more than one request in the replies at the same time. Right now the conversation is that you have an issue AND want a feature added. The assumption is you are requesting a new feature to fix an issue. That means if the issue gets fixed, the feature request isn't needed anymore. If you keep it to just one of those topics then it'll be easier to discuss. Most here are trying to help in tackling the issue, not so much about adding a feature.

For the record, I have a Tazer and do not have this issue. I also have no reason to hit unlock more than twice in a row though.
Firmware is 11.2.8.

I may have figured out part of this. I replaced the housing on the gargantuan key fob with a small hard shell. Buttons are stiff. I suspect its holding it down on occasion, and may be simulating a multi press? I'm going to use my 2nd fob which I left in the original housing and see if that take sit back to a 5x press which should eliminate the issue as you suggested.

JTR178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Occupation
5-0
Firmware is 11.2.8.

I may have figured out part of this. I replaced the housing on the gargantuan key fob with a small hard shell. Buttons are stiff. I suspect its holding it down on occasion, and may be simulating a multi press? I'm going to use my 2nd fob which I left in the original housing and see if that take sit back to a 5x press which should eliminate the issue as you suggested.
You're 4 updates behind, definitely do that. A few of us were having issues with that feature with one light staying on. It's been resolved in recent updates.

OP
OP

ZoneArc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
Occupation
Manager, Solutions Consulting
You're 4 updates behind, definitely do that. A few of us were having issues with that feature with one light staying on. It's been resolved in recent updates.
Done. I updated it. We'll see what that does for consistency on the feature.

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
There's a post in the DIY section on how to add the Proximity Locks feature if the truck wasn't ordered with them from the factory. Touching the door handle unlocks the doors, and the FOB never has to come out of your pocket.
I never realized how big of a deal this was until I didn’t have it. I’m constantly leaving my key in the truck because I take it out of my pocket to unlock and then drop it in the cup holder or door handle instead of putting it right back in my pocket.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Fob never leave my pocket - for that matter, it never goes into my pocket or leaves my side.
Passive entry, don't even have to touch fob.

Jeep Gladiator Tazer - Disable Feature that turns in reverse lights? fob-holster

Gladiator_92

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport EcoDiesel
Occupation
Project Management
Vehicle Showcase
I had a similar issue except it was just my driver side reverse light. You need to un-marry, remarry, adjust your settings then full reboot and perform at least 2 full sleep cycles according to the tazer manual. I did this and mine has been fine. Ill try and find the write up and post it here.
Sponsored