First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Interesting, and shady they don't disclose this on order at all.
Nope, very sleazy. And so time-wasting for everyone. Which is why I posted here.

My JK had Viper SmartStart, first with AT&T, then Verizon (they switched carriers and hardware). So I'm familiar with cell issues and reliability of remote start and lock control. Where I live, Verizon won't work if I park too close to the house. AT&T is solid though, but I still had some issues. The dealer is doing some sort of reset on it today.
Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Back in the beginning of JL/JT programming (late 2017/early 2018) the AutoPark disable feature worked. By spring 2018 new software came out that made that feature on the Tazer unusable. I was under the impression that mid-2018 to present day ECUs wouldn't jive with AutoPark disable. I've never gotten it to work on any FCA vehicles since then. Which has meant that no Gladiator models would work with it.

OP
OP
SwampNut

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
What I see on mine is that now I can move the vehicle with the door open and sitting on the seat, so the seat sensor knows I'm there. If I lean out to look back while moving, then it auto-parks.

MGladiator83

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
They confirmed this is a known issue. I think it's super sleazy of them not to have noted this clearly on the product pages. I may have made another choice. At this point I'm unsure on returning it, but leaning towards it because the features I really want don't seem to work as expected. For example, the autopark disable lets you open the door, but you have to have your butt firmly in the seat. If you lean out to look, which is the point of the door being open, CLACK! It locks. I haven't yet figured out how to make the sway bar stay unlocked until 30 MPH, though it may be me not understanding the docs. Not sure. It locks at 18 still. The camera on signal is great in the day; blinding at night since it goes to full daytime brightness.

I get that hacking is hard. It's just a bit of compromise and annoyance for not a huge gain so far.

Oh, the problems with Guardian are that vehicle data/status doesn't update. Sort of. I get alarms for things like low tire, but the data in the info screen is the old data. So then when I air up after wheeling, I still have a tire alarm, and get alerts, but the info screen shows the OLD pressure from before the Tazer was installed.

I've also had some unreliability with start and unlock, which may or may not be related to this.
Check out superchips flashcal and smartstopstart. Link below. The superchips lets you program just about everything you need. Remove the modular and then install the auto start stop. It’s a great combo for me. Just remember you to plug in the super chips bypass anytime you want to do updates. But it only takes a moment

https://www.smartstopstart.com/jeep-dodge-chrysler-products.html

OP
OP
SwampNut

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
Neither of which do the things I bought this for, as far as I can tell. I think disabling ESS is silly and I have no interest in doing that.

Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
I had the tazer on my jlur. For larger tires Speedo and a change of the low tire pressure warning. Worked flawlessly. Made the Jeep seem to make more power. I know it didn’t. But it felt more usable And no thing in Sirius was lost I wonder what the difference is

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Neither of which do the things I bought this for, as far as I can tell. I think disabling ESS is silly and I have no interest in doing that.
Looks like you have a Rubicon JT, so, you have more options with the Tazer. If you go to the sand dunes, after you air down, you will want to use 4WD high with just your rear locker on, and the front locker off. This is the best setting for dunes. As of now, you can only do that with your Tazer.

OP
OP
SwampNut

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
That's one use for it. Not at the dunes, but Anzo-Borrego has a bunch of sandy washes and other dune-like sand where I want that. Same idea, just noting that there are even more places to do that. This is the place to do medium speeds with no sway bar, also.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Can “off road plus” mode be added to a non rubicon with the Tazer?

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Huh, I had no problem disconnecting the swaybar in 2Hi last Saturday, all I did was push the button. The warning came up but the swaybars still disconnected. Much nicer ride on the side roads we were tooling around on. Likewise the error from the rear locker didn't stop it activating.

I've no problems with any of the apps, nor the auto-start memory function. I get more diagnostic reports than I care to, though! I did sign up for Sirius Guardian, whatever the $250/yr plan is. Works fine.

I'm SUPER pleased with the Tazer!

OP
OP
SwampNut

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
Works fine.
Except that your vehicle status will never update as long as the Tazer is connected. You may or may not care. I'm not sure that I do, but it was definitely annoying when it got "stuck" with a low tire warning forever.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
?? The mileage/fuel level/tire pressure etc are all correct right now, I just looked at my phone. Truck is at home, I'm at work, but no problem collecting the data.

Except that your vehicle status will never update as long as the Tazer is connected. You may or may not care. I'm not sure that I do, but it was definitely annoying when it got "stuck" with a low tire warning forever.
Sponsored