Sponsored

Tazer Extenders

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Do I need to unmarry my tazer mini to add the extenders or can I just unplug it, add the extenders and plug it back in? Jeep would obviously be in the off position during the process.
Sponsored

OP
OP
FLUndertaker

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you’re referring to the swg extender, you don’t even have to unplug the tazer to install it. The extender helps when you need to remove the Tazer and put it back to stock. Saves your fingers from having to get the cables back up under the dash.

To answer the other question, you generally don’t need to unmarry unless doing a FW update. I just pull mine out for dealer visits after chatting with zautomotive.
really? Don’t bother to I marry for dealership visits? I need to get the power steering box flash but figured I needed to unmarry before going in. Wasn’t looking forward to having to re-enter all my changes, gears, tires, etc.

OP
OP
FLUndertaker

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I specifically asked about unmarrying prior to service visits. The support message stated no need to unmarry, just unplug and and reinstall after visit. Has worked for all 6 dealer visits. 🤷‍♂️
If you just unplugged them from the Tazer did you plug them back into the SGW or just leave them hanging unplugged?

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
If you just unplugged them from the Tazer did you plug them back into the SGW or just leave them hanging unplugged?
You have to plug the cables back in for sure.

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
Hope all reading this thread do not take for granted what posts here are saying.

Do your homework in regard to the Tazer JL.
Hope all reading this thread do not take for granted what posts here are saying.

Do your homework in regard to the Tazer JL.
So you got me curious because I submitted my question over a year ago prior to ordering the Tazer. With that said, I looked it up and the online instructions do state to unmarry prior before taking it in for service.

“The Tazer JL Mini should be Unmarried and removed before dealer service.”

Sorry about the confusion guys. It would appear my info was out of date.

https://www.zautomotive.com/zpu/instructions/TazerJLMiniUserGuide1120.pdf

Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
Fun fact, the last time you lay on your back, while the door jam stabs you, fidgeting under the dash to get the Tazer extension cable installed, you’ll be happy knowing that’ll be the last time you will ever do it again. Yes, it just hangs there after install but so worth it for visits to the dealer or FW updates.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Fun fact, the last time you lay on your back, while the door jam stabs you, fidgeting under the dash to get the Tazer extension cable installed, you’ll be happy knowing that’ll be the last time you will ever do it again. Yes, it just hangs there after install but so worth it for visits to the dealer or FW updates.
I've got mine in the box right now but have to install the extension tomorrow when I unmarry and remove my tazer before going to the shop. That way it will be way easier to put back when I get it back

Squelch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi Gladiator, Energica Ribelle, Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, so bottom line - do we or don't we need to unmarry just to put the extension cable in?

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Male PA Announcer: The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in a red zone.
Female PA Announcer: The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in a red zone.
Male PA Announcer: The red zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in a white zone.
Female PA Announcer: No, the white zone is for loading. Now, there is no stopping in a RED zone.
Male PA Announcer: The red zone has always been for loading.
Female PA Announcer: Don't you tell me which zone is for loading, and which zone is for unloading.
Male PA Announcer: Look Betty, don't start up with your white zone shit again. There's just no stopping in a white zone.
Female PA Announcer: Oh really, Vernon? Why pretend, we both know perfectly well what this is about. You want me to have an abortion.
Male PA Announcer: It's really the only sensible thing to do. If its done safely, therapeutically, there's no danger involved.

Squelch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't installed the extension cable but I have it sitting on my workbench. I have the Taser installed directly currently. If I want to install the extension cable now, before I even bring it to the dealer, do I need to unmarry the Tazer before I unplug it, plug in the extension cable, then plug the Tazer back in? I'm not going back to the dealer for a while, since I had service done a few months ago.

Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, so bottom line - do we or don't we need to unmarry just to put the extension cable in?
The two things are unrelated. Think of it as orange 25’ extension cord hanging in your garage with one side plugged into the wall socket and the side of the cord not plugged into anything. Like an extension cord, the cable “extends” the security gateway socket making it easier to reach and doesn’t interact with the Tazer at all. It just hangs there until you disconnect the Tazer and plug those cables back into the extension cord.

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
Isn’t there a customer service, product support phone # that would provide you the quick answer to your simple question and it comes straight from them?

Squelch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, good deal. I just wanted to make sure I won't screw anything up by unplugging the Tazer and plugging it back in via the extension. Thanks!

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, good deal. I just wanted to make sure I won't screw anything up by unplugging the Tazer and plugging it back in via the extension. Thanks!
The Tazer doesn’t use the extension...if that is what you meant. The factory connector uses the extension cable only.
Sponsored