First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
It stops updating once the device is plugged in. This is something that they confirmed themselves, and said they can only fix it by making a special cable. If you actually get different results, and the data keeps updating, I'd love to know. I didn't realize my data was stuck for a few days after installing it (week-ish).
Sponsored

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle data updated 3 hrs ago, 1404 miles on the odo 77% oil life remaining. Took a picture June 30th with the odo at 1000 miles, so that's right on the money. Plugged in the Tazer 6/19. Don't know what to tell you?
The tire pressure is WRONG compared to three gauges I've put on it, but that's expected behavior.

Jeep Gladiator Tazer JL warning--disables some Sirius Guardian features Screenshot_20200709-150207

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
?? The mileage/fuel level/tire pressure etc are all correct right now, I just looked at my phone. Truck is at home, I'm at work, but no problem collecting the data.
Mine works fine as well. Did another vehicle update report yesterday while I was driving. Tazer JL Mini is up to date, and stays plugged in 24/7 365.

Also, forgot to mention that when my JTR did the wifi wireless ECM/UConnect software update to the truck that takes like an hour... It did that WITH the Tazer JL Mini still installed, and didn't give me any issues with the install, and everything is still there, and everything works fine. Which means I can do software updates and never have to go to the dealership...Which means, NO pain in the ass removal and reinstall of the Tazer (I have big hands). Cha-ching!!! :like:

OP
OP
SwampNut

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
I'll do an update and see if something has changed. This is what Z auto told me themselves:

Hi Carlos,

That's a known issue. We're planning to make a cable to allow it to work with Tazer.

Thanks,
Ian

Ian S
Z Automotive

Sponsored

First Name
Shel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Hey one of the old updates had the auto park file in it, anyone witch one if so can we just add it to the current version to get it to work? I know they had to remove it because of liability reason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey one of the old updates had the auto park file in it, anyone witch one if so can we just add it to the current version to get it to work? I know they had to remove it because of liability reason
That's why it doesn't work anymore? Son of a bitch! Always some Darwin Award Winner/Nominee ruining things for the rest of mankind. :swear::mad:

I hope they add it back in there. Maybe you can email them about it and see if they'll put it back in there.

Mine still has the option in there, but even when you select "OFF" it doesn't turn if off. It will only work if you have the seatbelt buckled up. Which defeats the entire purpose of needing to disable the Auto-Park feature (quick moving of the vehicle, or not needing to be fully-seated, buckled, ready for a 300 mile road trip)... :mad:

First Name
Shel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I did email them about it, ian said they dont support it anymore, i bought a seat adopted for the time being off Amazon 6 bucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I did email them about it, ian said they dont support it anymore, i bought a seat adopted for the time being off Amazon 6 bucks
Same here. I got one of those fake seatbelt clips that clicks in and makes your car think you're buckled.

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
Guardian vehicle updates were just as sporadic before my taser as they are now. Get one of these and you never have to plug and unplug it. Plus, when you take off without the belt connected or just ride around the block, it never dings. I've had this in my last three vehicles.

918bYNKPYbL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Sponsored

Etoimos

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
My JTR does not update the Guardian pages with the vehicle info either. The last update it received was 08/18/2020. I'm sure I need to update the Tazer, so I'll try doing that this afternoon and see what it does.

I was talking to a rep on the Guardian site about it not updating, and they are the ones that pointed me to an OBD plugin possibly being the issue (they were thinking insurance).

OP
OP
SwampNut

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
My JTR does not update the Guardian pages with the vehicle info either. The last update it received was 08/18/2020. I'm sure I need to update the Tazer, so I'll try doing that this afternoon and see what it does.

I was talking to a rep on the Guardian site about it not updating, and they are the ones that pointed me to an OBD plugin possibly being the issue (they were thinking insurance).
Yeah, see my previous posts, according to the manufacturer of the Tazer, they need to make a special harness to stop this problem. I have my Tazer removed right now. Just not sure it's worth keeping. I don't need tire and gear changes. I like some of the other features though like sway unlock at higher speeds.

Etoimos

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, see my previous posts, according to the manufacturer of the Tazer, they need to make a special harness to stop this problem. I have my Tazer removed right now. Just not sure it's worth keeping. I don't need tire and gear changes. I like some of the other features though like sway unlock at higher speeds.
I have to have the tire size adjustment. I wish that feature would work without the Tazer in the OBD port. If it comes down to it, I'll have to keep the Tazer and just not have the vehicle info on my Guardian page... I only really need the internet based remote start anyways.
Sponsored