Sponsored

Tazer or Superchips paid off 10 fold.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
It’s an actual tune with an increase in performance (HP)and shift points. You typically have to run premium fuel.
OK, armed with a little more knowledge, it seems that Tazer and Trailcal have more options for changing settings, except neither can change engine performance like the Pulsar can. But Pulsar has less ability to change/monitor other settings.

Am I getting this about right?
Sponsored

itsdapk

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgerssuperchargers.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave , 2019 Ram
Occupation
Sales Manager @ Hamburger's Superchargers
Most super charger kits will require their own tune so I wouldn’t buy anything you plan to use with the supercharger
Most supercharger companies are using HP Tuners. If your computer is unlocked for the Pulsar you will need to have the ecu unlocked again due to the difference between unlocks. HP Doesn't work with Diablo/Superchips or vice versa.

BerardJT

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Thanks for the post as about to purchase the Tazer to re calibrate for 37's.

How much smoother did things feel after having the speedometer re calibrated and if so, how much did you MPG's improve?

OP
OP
MGladiator83

MGladiator83

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Thanks for the post as about to purchase the Tazer to re calibrate for 37's.

How much smoother did things feel after having the speedometer re calibrated and if so, how much did you MPG's improve?
You have to understand how it all works.
Adding bigger wheels and tires changes your final gear ratio, thus changing your RPM and shift points and different speeds.
Adding bigger tires also changes the Speedo this causing an imbalance to multiple factors in the calculation of MPG on the dash display. Your dash display is a calculation based on a few factors.

yes it improved my MPG because it corrected my speedo and shift points slightly. But my final drive gear ratio was still impacted. So changing to 4.88 gears got it closer to stock final drive ratio and that was the biggest improvement

just recalibrating helps, more on the MPH accuracy and some on the actual MPG. New gears will be the best option if moving up to 37’s

BerardJT

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Adding bigger wheels and tires changes your final gear ratio, thus changing your RPM and shift points and different speeds.
Adding bigger tires also changes the Speedo this causing an imbalance to multiple factors in the calculation of MPG on the dash display. Your dash display is a calculation based on a few factors.

yes it improved my MPG because it corrected my speedo and shift points slightly. But my final drive gear ratio was still impacted. So changing to 4.88 gears got it closer to stock final drive ratio and that was the biggest improvement

just recalibrating helps, more on the MPH accuracy and some on the actual MPG. New gears will be the best option if moving up to 37’s
Thanks a million for the detailed response. You put it crystal clear. Re gearing it is then.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MGladiator83

MGladiator83

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Thanks a million for the detailed response. You put it crystal clear. Re gearing it is then.
Exactly, but you still need the programmers. They change the PCM to match the Hardware changes you make.

SloW8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
I had a flashcal for my JKU. It was in my tool box when I traded in the Jeep and so I have the unit. Can I get an upgraded licence and software for the JT or do I have to get a new box? I never flashed the JKU back to stock when I sold it...

OP
OP
MGladiator83

MGladiator83

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I had a flashcal for my JKU. It was in my tool box when I traded in the Jeep and so I have the unit. Can I get an upgraded licence and software for the JT or do I have to get a new box? I never flashed the JKU back to stock when I sold it...
They should let you upgrade it with just software. I had a similar thing happen to me when I traded in my JKU. I tried to restore to factory and thought I did. Called flashcal and told them I traded it in, And what happened their customer service was awesome and reset my unit so I could sell it. Only after I sold it did I realize I could upgrade it to use on other vehicles. I would call and see what they can do for you. Reason I went with Superchips is because of the customer service. They are great. I did have my unit registered and setup with them for years.

Fawkes

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Building engineer

I have a manual transmission and am putting 305/70/17s with a 2 1/2" lift. Do you think its a big enough difference to warrant purchasing a tazer?

OP
OP
MGladiator83

MGladiator83

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I have a manual transmission and am putting 305/70/17s with a 2 1/2" lift. Do you think its a big enough difference to warrant purchasing a tazer?
That conversion is the same as 33’s, what trim level do you have? Just a lift by itself wouldn’t need a calibration and such a small change in an odd tire size wouldn’t either. Why not go to 35’s? 315/70/17

I think Any changes to your rig from the factory configuration warrants the need for calibration if you want the best performance. Not required but why not do it right???

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
My JScan did all that and can do more plus I only paid $90 but it was worth the $90 for it. Already programmed my DRL to function as my turn signal. Switch to led headlights, foglights, Running lights and turn signals. Reprogrammed for tires. Yeah it paid for itself 4 times already.

SoCalGladiator

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Pumpkin Orange
My JScan did all that and can do more plus I only paid $90 but it was worth the $90 for it. Already programmed my DRL to function as my turn signal. Switch to led headlights, foglights, Running lights and turn signals. Reprogrammed for tires. Yeah it paid for itself 4 times already.
Have a link for that Jscan?

trust

First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Jeep Scrambler, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone have any experience with the tuner AEV sends with their lifts?
Sponsored