Sponsored

Teraflex 1.5" to Mopar 2" or Both in unison ?

'22JTRD

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Real Estate
Looking for input from anyone who has gone from running a Teraflex 1.5" Leveling Kit to the Mopar 2" Lift Kit.

Did you leave the TF 1.5 and add the M 2 or did you remove the TF 1.5 when changing to the M 2 ?

It seems to me the TF 1.5 spacer leveling kit could still be able to work with the M 2.

I am unsure of the final result and any additional issues that may arise as a result of this Witch's Brew, I.E brake lines being too short or a Carolina Squat.

Did the M 2 take care of the oem rake ?

Hopefully a response to this query will keep me from having to experiment to find the answers myself and save a little time and work.

I am currently running the TF 1.5 LK & TF 2" front shock bottom mount extension and Nitto TG 35x12.5x17.

This research is in planning for future upsize to 37x12.5x17 and the needed articulation clearance.

Thanks for any and all advice...
Sponsored

JTGuy

First Name
Pascual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Manager
I have the Mopar 2 inch lift only. I just installed BFG KO2 37s and have no rubbing at full flex and wheels turned. I have Method wheels with 0 offset. I am happy.

OP
OP
'22JTRD

'22JTRD

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Real Estate
I have the Mopar 2 inch lift only.
Does the Mopar give a level stance or is it higher in the rear ?

I am trying to determine if I should take off my Teraflex 1.5" leveling kit or not.

ezekio3160

First Name
Ezekiel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Does the Mopar give a level stance or is it higher in the rear ?

I am trying to determine if I should take off my Teraflex 1.5" leveling kit or not.
Don’t leave the 1.5 spacers as you reduce your travel on your front suspension for your 2in mopar.

Zachanadandy

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical foreman
If you keep the spacers you'll need at a minimum adjustable control arms up front. You'll also want to keep the shock extensions with the new shocks. It's more lift than you'll need and will likely be enough that you'll want to do something to the steering. On our JLUR we run the yeti flipped drag link on 3.5" of lift to get the steering geometry right and we also run front control arm drop brackets. If you want that much lift then it's doable but will require additional parts. With the Mopar longer LCAs you could probably just add drop brackets and get the caster in good shape. At that height you'll need to loosen up the brake line brackets and FAD/front locker wiring to get some additional length. The front drive shaft will be at its limit and may need upgraded as well. We dealt with all of those issues as we needed the tire clearance...for 39s.
Jeep Gladiator Teraflex 1.5" to Mopar 2" or Both in unison ? 20230925_162818

Sponsored

OP
OP
'22JTRD

'22JTRD

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Real Estate
If you keep the spacers you'll need at a minimum adjustable control arms up front. You'll also want to keep the shock extensions with the new shocks. It's more lift than you'll need and will likely be enough that you'll want to do something to the steering. On our JLUR we run the yeti flipped drag link on 3.5" of lift to get the steering geometry right and we also run front control arm drop brackets. If you want that much lift then it's doable but will require additional parts. With the Mopar longer LCAs you could probably just add drop brackets and get the caster in good shape. At that height you'll need to loosen up the brake line brackets and FAD/front locker wiring to get some additional length. The front drive shaft will be at its limit and may need upgraded as well. We dealt with all of those issues as we needed the tire clearance...for 39s.
Jeep Gladiator Teraflex 1.5" to Mopar 2" or Both in unison ? 20230925_162818
Thanks for the info
I was already sure the Mopar 2" would give enough clearance for 37x12.5x17 Nittos since I am running the 35s now and won't be going over a 37.

I ran an '85 4Runner on true 36s for 20 years and found they could get me anywhere I needed to go

Not sure if the Mopar 2" will leave a noticeable rake or run close to level

Had planned on leaving the TF 2" shock extensions if I kept the TF pucks to keep the shock from over extending

Could also just use the 1" or 1/2" puck to get close to a level stance

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I would say forget the stacking spacer on a lift kit idea.

I was in the same boat on my 2020 Gladiator Rubicon in that I had to "Roll my Own" and piece together and build my own lift kit to keep the truck either level or with minimal rake once I factored in adding a bump and winch.

Silverator

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Music
My local 4x4 shop suggested the TeraFlex spacer for balancing out the stock rubicon rake when doing a Mopar 2" lift. I haven't done it yet, but will definitely consider it when I get there.

OP
OP
'22JTRD

'22JTRD

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Real Estate
My local 4x4 shop suggested the TeraFlex spacer for balancing out the stock rubicon rake when doing a Mopar 2" lift. I haven't done it yet, but will definitely consider it when I get there.
Thanks, probably will go with the Mopar and take out just the 1/2" puck.

Leaving the Teraflex 1" puck and the Teraflex 2" lower shock mount extension so the shock won't over extend at droop.

That will most likely give back a little rake over what I have now but I am about to add a little more weight to the rear so hopefully it should balance out

Have a Truck Covers USA American Roll Cover ordered and will be adding a platform over it on Rails for moving the spare from underneath to improve departure angle when we head out West on trips.
Sponsored