jeepit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM
Vehicle Showcase
From DFW
JTR hydroblue picked up a week ago

Dallas Ft. Worth is North TX. I don't think anyone would call Amarillo North TX it's more of a west/ northwest TX.
  1. Northeast Texas (Dallas/ Ft Worth) ---> NTX
  2. North Texas (Amarillo, Abilene/Lubbock) --> NW TX

BHXIE6307[1].JPG
Sponsored

jeepit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM
Vehicle Showcase
JTR A! light came on and went away on 7th day, 8th days 200 miles Check engine light came on P0300 multiple cylinder missfire and stayed one, all of the dash light flashed at stop sign the other day as if it was about to die. Remote start quit working today.
Total lemon
Taking to dealership tomorrow
This is really piece of crap that they built, if you can't build a engine that lasts a week, then why are you even in car business FCA?

I have a chevy with 70k miles and 0 problem, i should have bought a chevy instead of putting 50k for this piece of junk, even though i like the truck, interior exterior but the engine is piece of junk.
Going through the forum, looks like they don't know how to fix it.
Not sure how long its gonna run with CEL already on with 200 miles, i can't trust this truck.
Really disappointed in my first Jeep. Not sure if i even want to keep it.

Breaktrack

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
JTR A! light came on and went away on 7th day, 8th days 200 miles Check engine light came on P0300 multiple cylinder missfire and stayed one, all of the dash light flashed at stop sign the other day as if it was about to die. Remote start quit working today.
Total lemon
This is really piece of crap that they built, if you can't build a engine that lasts a week, then why are you even in car business FCA?

I have a chevy with 70k miles and 0 problem, i should have bought a chevy instead of putting 50k for this piece of junk, even though i like the truck, interior exterior but the engine is piece of junk.
Not sure how long its gonna run with CEL already on with 200 miles, i can't trust this truck.
on the other hand, my JT is six months old now and has 27,103 miles (4.5 month road trip after purchase) and I have had zero issues (if you don’t count the fender I kinda tore loose at Moab).

To discount an entire vehicle line because you have one that turned out bad isn’t the way to go. Definitely take it to your dealer and make them make it right. You definitely got a lemon, or just one assembled on a Monday after a drunken long weekend at the plant.
Mac

Sponsored

scotticus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT LE
Occupation
Derpston
Moved back to San Antonio in December. Glad to be back.

A7AEF849-FAE3-4DB6-83C9-54569AF36D17.jpeg

jeepit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM
Vehicle Showcase
on the other hand, my JT is six months old now and has 27,103 miles (4.5 month road trip after purchase) and I have had zero issues (if you don’t count the fender I kinda tore loose at Moab).

To discount an entire vehicle line because you have one that turned out bad isn’t the way to go. Definitely take it to your dealer and make them make it right. You definitely got a lemon, or just one assembled on a Monday after a drunken long weekend at the plant.
Mac
Glad its not giving you any problems
is yours rubicon?
mostly it seems to be rubicon & overland
i wonder if any sports had this issue

ucijeepguy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, LJ,
is yours rubicon?
Only 2k miles on mine but other than funky a/c controls i have had zero issues with my rubicon. Even the flimsy fenders dont seem to be an issue, no "loose" steering, no driveshaft issues.

shokker70

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Texas Trail
NTX here. Wylie to be exact. Where are my Jeep clubs? I tried to reach out to both NTX Jeep Club and Collin County Jeep Club previously. Only saw Facebook options to connect. I don't do social media...

20200109_161727.jpg

Breaktrack

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
is yours rubicon?
Yes, mine is a Rubicon.

Sponsored

MadMax

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Total lemon

Just cause you have bad luck with this one doesn't mean they ALL are bad. EVERY manufacturer has problems. and there's been times you couldn't give chevys away. I have 5,000 miles on mine and not one problem. just saying.

shokker70

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Texas Trail
Just cause you have bad luck with this one doesn't mean they ALL are bad. EVERY manufacturer has problems. and there's been times you couldn't give chevys away. I have 5,000 miles on mine and not one problem. just saying.
yep. The one thing you'll notice at every dealership... a service department. It ain't there just for oil changes and old cars.

Msnthrp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
From DFW
JTR hydroblue picked up a week ago

Dallas Ft. Worth is North TX. I don't think anyone would call Amarillo North TX it's more of a west/ northwest TX.
  1. Northeast Texas (Dallas/ Ft Worth) ---> NTX
  2. North Texas (Amarillo, Abilene/Lubbock) --> NW TX

BHXIE6307[1].JPG
Very true- Amarillo/Abilene/Lubbock is considered the "High Plains" and up here in Amarillo we/they also call it the "Panhandle" which is more of a reference to the shape of Oklahoma. Anyway...enough of the geography lesson- Traded my 2016 JK for a 2018 Chevrolet Colorado and 3 weeks later dumped the Chevy for 2020 Granite Crystal Metallic JT Sport- A much better choice despite the $$ hit from being stupid and not going this route in the first place...

jeepit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM
Vehicle Showcase
I am glad that your JT is working fine.
I was really hoping the same, pentastart being used for a while now on other models should have no issues with it, with this thought i went with first model year of new gladiator but here we are in same boat, really disappointing to see not just me but several of us in this forum have this issue and there could be more who don't use this forum out there.
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...-with-misfire-issues.24853/page-2#post-428515
On the driver side it says 12/19, must be the built date?
Dropped it off at the dealers on saturday, they still are not sure what's wrong, still waiting on'em.
Sponsored