Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Chocolate Brownie Quality Inspector
Hey jeep people,

Trying to place an order for a new diesel Sport S but having a hard time finding a dealer that will work with me.

I would be amazing if I could order from Gupton or Tricity but they are minimum 2 day drive to and another 2 day drive back for me. And since I have a trade in flying in is out of the question.

does anyone have a Texas dealership they recommend? San Antonio, Austin or Houston would be ideal but definitely open to other spots.

Thanks for the help!
Sponsored

Okie362

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ Sport/2020 JLU/2021 JTRD (Hydro Blue)
Occupation
IT Management
Hey jeep people,

Trying to place an order for a new diesel Sport S but having a hard time finding a dealer that will work with me.

I would be amazing if I could order from Gupton or Tricity but they are minimum 2 day drive to and another 2 day drive back for me. And since I have a trade in flying in is out of the question.

does anyone have a Texas dealership they recommend? San Antonio, Austin or Houston would be ideal but definitely open to other spots.

Thanks for the help!
Where in TX? Freedom Chrysler in Sherman was easy to deal with and I can introduce you to a salesman there that I know personally if that's within your range.

OP
OP
Broke Owner

Broke Owner

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thanks for the info!

Dallas is right at the edge of my radius but I I hadn’t looked at the dealerships since I read somewhere that they were a bit difficult to work with.

I will follow up with them early next week.

Anyone else know of someone??

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I purchased mine at Nyle Maxwell in north Austin. Price was great, salesman was ok. Finance was shocked by my high credit score and couldn’t understand why I didn’t want FCA’s 5% interest. They worked to get an acceptable rate. Overall the deal went well.
As an aside, the best finance experience i had was at a Ford dealership. I walked into the finance office to finalize the paperwork and was told they couldn’t bet the local credit union rate, they setup an appt with the credit union loan officer and threw the keys at me... the whole thing took 10 minutes!

Sponsored

jmy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator 80th Anniversary Edition
Occupation
Attorney
Chris Godwin (owner) and Ben Saxton (GM) at Southfork Jeep in Houston area HWY 288 South in Pearland. I bought 2 vehicles from them within 30 days. Grand Cherokee for my wife and my Gladiator.

Easy to work with, fair trades for both of my JKU’s. They are Jeep folks!

Alec1987

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
I’d recommend Yaklin Jeep in Angleton (Houston).

I’ve worked with their sales manager (Derek Moore) for a long time and they gave me an incredible deal on mine... and I had to come from Colorado!

OP
OP
Broke Owner

Broke Owner

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
@Alec1987

Sounds like a great experience but I’m afraid that your long lasting friendship with him might have played a bigger role on your pricing. But regardless I’ll follow up with them early next week.

thanks for the info!

OP
OP
Broke Owner

Broke Owner

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hey people,

just a quick update, I ended up going with Blake from Southwest in cleburne. Super easy to deal with and gave me a 6% under invoice, considering what I was going to save in drive time and expenses associated with a 4 day road trip it was pretty much the same as 8% under invoice.

I’m just having the hardest time deciding on what trim level, overland or rubicon!

Wife calls it my mid life crisis 🙄

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
Huffines Plano Jeep. Ask for Matt Solis.
He’s been there for at least 4 years and will take care of you.

Sponsored

Toyfrog

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Ordered my Mojave from Kathy @ Auto Nation Jeep in Katy. 6% below invoice. It came in this past Thursday, but do too work, can’t pick up till this Friday.

jtimbrook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon, 1946 CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
My Dad got a killer deal on his from the dealership in Fredericksburg may want to try there.

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered mine from Mac Haik in Georgetown. Got 7% below invoice since it was an order and not taking from the lot, however this was done when the Gladiators first came out.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Check out the sponsor mak Haik in Georgetown, he was doing 4% below invoice with no adds last time I checked.

badgercheese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Wrangler X (Gladiator purchase planned for 2021)
Mac Haik was only willing to go to 4% below invoice today. That's includes the 1% from Tread Lightly. Hoping to find something in TX that can compete with Gupton Motors or I may just find myself on a road trip.
Sponsored

Last edited: