bonez123

First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Love my 6 speed.

Anyone else have to wait for revs to go down from 1st to 2nd? If revs are too high on mine I'll hear a "noise." Haven't had this with my other manuals.

Expedition JT

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JT, 94 YJ, CJ-8 Scrambler
Yea a little. Just takes some getting used to. Mine is still having jerking issues around 1800 rpm in a couple gears. Did it once bad today I thought it would have thrown a code but no. I’ll have the dealership look at it. Might be a sensor or something like that.

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GCM Sport S, 6spd manual, subtle mods.
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
Yea a little. Just takes some getting used to. Mine is still having jerking issues around 1800 rpm in a couple gears. Did it once bad today I thought it would have thrown a code but no. I’ll have the dealership look at it. Might be a sensor or something like that.
With the electronic throttle, I think it gets a little confused, trying to add throttle input, without adding throttle input. I get similar type results if I drive it like it's got a truck transmission. If I drive it like it's a sports car with higher revs, it's really happy.

Sponsored

Expedition JT

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JT, 94 YJ, CJ-8 Scrambler
I guess I’ll m used to the 4.0 in my scrambler
This is part of the reason I need to trade my Ram

My Audi drones at highway cruising speeds and yet, the manual makes it all worth it.

Don't need speed when I can enjoy rowing gears
i traded a beautiful Ram Laramie in for my JT. Los a lot of space and options but well worth it!

firemedic2714

First Name
Scotty P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubicon, 19 Genesis G70, 1972 Ford LTD coupe
Occupation
Firefighter / Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
I love my 6-speed. Totally worth not having remote start here in St. Louis. I'm looking for someone to make a couple of decals like this if anyone knows anybody.

Screenshot_20191103-095212_Chrome.jpg

RedOverland

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Also have a 6-speed through @spenchy. I use the ESS (ASS), currently 19.1mpg average at almost 3000 miles. Yes, the engine will start again if you open the door, or press harder on the brakes, or turn the steering wheel back and forth a few times after it shuts off. I do force it off, by putting in in gear at stops to keep it from starting again until I put my foot on the clutch. The hill start feature is nice, puts a 2 second hold on your brakes before letting go. Drive it like a 4-speed with OD, and you'll be good. Leave 6th for anything over 70mph.

IMG_20190929_181347.jpg
I get it, but I’m a millennial that wouldn’t let several gen X or boomers driver my manual. Blame the auto companies, schools, and parents, not the generation.😁

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
I get it, but I’m a millennial that wouldn’t let several gen X or boomers driver my manual. Blame the auto companies, schools, and parents, not the generation.😁
Won't disagree. Trying to find one that says American anti-theft device. So many times, tire shop, Jeep dealer, that they have no one who can drive a stick, have to call around in the shop, or have me drive it into the bay. Manufacturers just don't want to spend the cost to offer 2 transmissions for the United States, yet their euro models do have them, as people still drive them there.

Sponsored

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
My daughter is a millennial, and knows how to drive a stick, she didn't have a choice. The vehicles we had to learn on were a '01 Ford Super Duty F250 V10 5-speed and a '00 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS 2-door 5-speed. She learned to drift on the Impreza.

BowlofSoup

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
My first car was stick, my aunts 96 accord that I bought in 04. What a hard clutch and shifter lol. I've bought stick ever since, and idk, it's def a "me thing" but I always felt a jeep should be stick. So the truck I'm getting is stick

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, '08 JKUX, '08 JKUS

redriderjf87

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
saltmustflow.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT, '81 Z-28, '18 TW200, '72 CT 175
Occupation
Electrical Controls Engineer
Honestly my dad is probably the only person I would feel confident with driving any of my vehicles (they're all manual haha). I have a couple friends who technically know how to drive a manual, but my clutch might be smelling like french toast.