Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
RealTruck 3rd Party Sales Representative
Believe I have everyone responded to
I will be getting off here soon and will not be in this weekend.
Feel free to PM or email me at any time and I will get back to you immediately Monday when I get in
Sponsored

Sponsored

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
IM thinking of pulling the trigger on the MX4 heard the quality issues have been addressed
I just had mine delivered today. I'll install this weekend and give my two cents on the differences between the X4s and the Rugged Ridge Hard Rolling (that I currently have installed).

JerseyMark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR, 2023 JTM
I tell you, I'm not really impressed with this cover
Mine is the same, poor painting in the rails. Also I had the following issues:
- when I tried to torque the front bolts to 17.5 Nm it broke the nut. I had to squeeze my fingers in between the bed and cab to put a regular nut on the bolt instead.
- missing 2 extra washers(kit had 4 instead of 6) to hold strap onto the front bracket area

Overall, I like the cover design, but the fit/finish and attention to detail could be better

JDMRN81

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Nurse Practitioner
Mine is the same, poor painting in the rails. Also I had the following issues:
- when I tried to torque the front bolts to 17.5 Nm it broke the nut. I had to squeeze my fingers in between the bed and cab to put a regular nut on the bolt instead.
- missing 2 extra washers(kit had 4 instead of 6) to hold strap onto the front bracket area

Overall, I like the cover design, but the fit/finish and attention to detail could be better
Concur and I had the same issue with missing washers (which has been an ongoing problem and still not resolved), finish issues, and some water leaking I posted in another thread. While these are all minor issues, it's not the quality I'd expect from an American Made product. I'm not going to return it because I like the style compared to what's on the market, but I think potential buyers should know about these (potential) issues.

Fishee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys NACHO
Concur and I had the same issue with missing washers (which has been an ongoing problem and still not resolved), finish issues, and some water leaking I posted in another thread. While these are all minor issues, it's not the quality I'd expect from an American Made product. I'm not going to return it because I like the style compared to what's on the market, but I think potential buyers should know about these (potential) issues.
Agree same issues with water leaking in and the flap of extra rubber in the front looks bad

Sponsored

sypeck

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK Jeep GC
ger on the
I just had mine delivered today. I'll install this weekend and give my two cents on the differences between the X4s and the Rugged Ridge Hard Rolling (that I currently have installed).
Hey if you think of it is there anyway when you’re getting ready to install that you could do me a favor and measure the hole sizes in the front rails ( The actual size that they drilled the holes in the side rails) where they were attached to the front of the bed
I’m trying to figure out if an M8 bolt will fit into the top hole As I have a Mopar rivet nut m8 installed in my top hole of cab from the use of the Mopar soft roll up and want to make sure the rail hole is large enough for me to reuse this bolt if not no worries thank you advance!
PS I can send you some hellfire hot sauce for your trouble!

TheRealGinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Can anyone measure the distance between the bed floor to the bottom of the X4S when closed? Really hoping my Yeti 65 will fit underneath it....

Cheers,
Aaron

be77solo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Sport 6-MT, '19 Cadillac XT4
Can anyone measure the distance between the bed floor to the bottom of the X4S when closed? Really hoping my Yeti 65 will fit underneath it....

Cheers,
Aaron
Hey, just took a quick picture for you of mine. This is with a rubber bed mat, but should give you a close idea.

20210625_205434959_iOS.jpg

be77solo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Sport 6-MT, '19 Cadillac XT4
As a general follow-up on my experience with the cover, so far pretty happy with it! It's not perfect, but I've yet to find one that is.

It is keeping my tools dry and secure in the back, which is the main goal. It is also easy to roll up and have full access to the bed (see pic below).

I open and close it regularly for work. I would like the opening pull straps to be a bit tighter, but I've gotten in the habit of just grabbing both when I open it and it's easy then.

I also lost one of the corner plastic caps on a road trip last month, but Bakflip was easy to work with and sent out a whole new set (of both the plastic covers and the clips that secure them). Upon installation of the replacement piece, I think the side I lost might have been damaged in shipping from the get go, as the new one fit much tighter like the other side.

So, I'd buy it again, as I've used others, and none are prefect. The security of the metal slats combined with the ease of rolling it open as needed is on a day to day use pretty awesome.

Here's a couple pics just for fun of how I use it daily:

20210625_140927030_iOS (2).jpg

20210531_144301910_iOS (2).jpg