Sponsored

Fishee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys NACHO
Is anyone else's side rails like this? No black powder coat in the groove? Looks just like overspray

20210525_174823.jpg
Sponsored

JerseyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
physician
Is anyone else's side rails like this? No black powder coat in the groove? Looks just like overspray

20210525_174823.jpg
Yes, mine are like that, not sure why they don’t just paint in the groove as it would look better, debating just spraying it myself eventually

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KL Cherokee Trailhawk, JT Gladiator RUBICON
Occupation
Enabler

Jeep Gladiator The All New BAK Revolver X4s - Information and Group Buy 20210525_174823
Yes, my rails are the same way. Definitely just overspray. However, does not bother me.

Axeman

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Auto Tech
Anyone else having problems with the rolling top slats disconnecting from each other? I am very gentle with this thing and after a few weeks have two of those slats disconnecting. It puts bumps on the top when closed, but also makes it harder to close and raises the seals.

I’ve already had to get one of the side rails replaced due to damage from factory or shipping and I had one of the first batches of the x4s and initially got wrong hardware.

Jeep Gladiator The All New BAK Revolver X4s - Information and Group Buy 20210525_174823

I am having a similar issue after a few weeks of use. Mine is creating a dip though where the slats aren't popping up and locking so it is collecting water. I've tried to readjust the rails, then tried to adjust the cover, nothing is helping. I'll get some pictures up when I get a chance.

Spur

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland
Occupation
Retired
I am having a similar issue after a few weeks of use. Mine is creating a dip though where the slats aren't popping up and locking so it is collecting water. I've tried to readjust the rails, then tried to adjust the cover, nothing is helping. I'll get some pictures up when I get a chance.
That is totally UNACCEPTABLE. I had an X4 on a Colorado before I got the Jeep. It stayed flat and it was on the truck for several years. BAK needs to fix this immediately. I would want my money back.

Won’t be getting a BAK anytime soon. They need to fix this before I get another one.

Sponsored

Axeman

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Auto Tech
That is totally UNACCEPTABLE. I had an X4 on a Colorado before I got the Jeep. It stayed flat and it was on the truck for several years. BAK needs to fix this immediately. I would want my money back.

Won’t be getting a BAK anytime soon. They need to fix this before I get another one.
Its a great cover. this issue just started and I'm going to mess with the adjustment a little more before I contact them, I haven't quite figured out what's causing it.

be77solo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Sport 6-MT, '19 Cadillac XT4
Anyone else having problems with the rolling top slats disconnecting from each other? I am very gentle with this thing and after a few weeks have two of those slats disconnecting. It puts bumps on the top when closed, but also makes it harder to close and raises the seals.

I’ve already had to get one of the side rails replaced due to damage from factory or shipping and I had one of the first batches of the x4s and initially got wrong hardware.

Wow, hate to see that! Something definitely is wrong on yours, mine is totally flat. Been installed for a few weeks now, rolled and used daily, nothing like what you are seeing.

During the install did you roll it open and closed a couple times before tightening the headrail bolts? Wonder if it's binding somehow with the latches at the back and front not being aligned.

But no, that should not happen and something is wrong/broken. Keep us posted!!

Spur

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland
Occupation
Retired
Its a great cover. this issue just started and I'm going to mess with the adjustment a little more before I contact them, I haven't quite figured out what's causing it.
I really liked the one on my Colorado. But once installed, I never had to mess with it again. Rolled it up and back many times. Not comfortable with these problems the X4S seems to be having on the Gladiator.

OP
OP
RealTruck

RealTruck

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
RealTruck 3rd Party Sales Representative
Again, If you are having issues please PM me directly so I can get your issue fully addressed, when it gets put here in the comments with the number of replies it gets buried quickly. I would love to get any and all issues resolved immediately but cannot do that if I am unaware of the issue.

awraynor

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Mine also isn't square along the cab. The passenger side is closer to the cab so it rolls better
Mine isn't square either. The flange seems to overhang the center of the bed, but curve in to each side. With the weatherproof strip not likely to be an issue (I hope).

Sponsored

awraynor

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Physician Assistant

Mine also has that bump up near the front, rolls flat on the track the best I can tell.

awraynor

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Physician Assistant
My X4S arrived today. I have some of the same issues as others. Not lying flat near the front, missing washers, damage on the rail with application of the rivets and the cover near the rear keeps popping off which is concerning for water intrusion. I'll see how it settles out.

I went very slow on the install. If I did it again could probably do it by myself in less than an hour. Make sure you try all screws to in the rear connections to clear factory paint, and LineX in the front for me. Having a drill with Torx bits and socket adapters would really expedite the process.

Jeep Gladiator The All New BAK Revolver X4s - Information and Group Buy 20210527_154052

Jeep Gladiator The All New BAK Revolver X4s - Information and Group Buy 20210527_155435

Jeep Gladiator The All New BAK Revolver X4s - Information and Group Buy 20210527_173206

Jeep Gladiator The All New BAK Revolver X4s - Information and Group Buy 20210527_173924

Jeep Gladiator The All New BAK Revolver X4s - Information and Group Buy 20210527_174117

Jeep Gladiator The All New BAK Revolver X4s - Information and Group Buy 20210527_141942

20210527_175755.jpg

Armyman247

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
For those that are having “bump” issues it’s going to be a broken top. I got mine today and had a “bump” in it and come the find out there is a piece that’s easily broken during manufacturing. If you inspect the slats while it’s rolled you should be able to easily see it.

this is what it should look like as you unroll it those 2 pieces “mate” which locks it together.
Jeep Gladiator The All New BAK Revolver X4s - Information and Group Buy 14F5EDBA-0F63-42E0-A06D-A7FA5D40245F

you can see in thpicture that the metal “interior” piece is not there so it has nothing to “lock” into which creates the bump.
Jeep Gladiator The All New BAK Revolver X4s - Information and Group Buy D113C8E4-F7AF-4179-85B5-7439104695F0

spoke to manufacturer and they knew exactly what happened as soon as they saw the picture. It’s not something we can repair unfortunately.
This last picture is just the bump when it’s closed.
Jeep Gladiator The All New BAK Revolver X4s - Information and Group Buy 3AF66F0C-EA12-4CE1-950A-0B3D612C7B4B

they will be sending me out a whole new top

awraynor

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Physician Assistant
For those that are having “bump” issues it’s going to be a broken top. I got mine today and had a “bump” in it and come the find out there is a piece that’s easily broken during manufacturing. If you inspect the slats while it’s rolled you should be able to easily see it.

this is what it should look like as you unroll it those 2 pieces “mate” which locks it together.
Jeep Gladiator The All New BAK Revolver X4s - Information and Group Buy 3AF66F0C-EA12-4CE1-950A-0B3D612C7B4B

you can see in thpicture that the metal “interior” piece is not there so it has nothing to “lock” into which creates the bump.

spoke to manufacturer and they knew exactly what happened as soon as they saw the picture. It’s not something we can repair unfortunately.
This last picture is just the bump when it’s closed.

they will be sending me out a whole new top
As you can see with my pictures above, it's the same exact problem for me in the same place.

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KL Cherokee Trailhawk, JT Gladiator RUBICON
Occupation
Enabler
Great thing Bak has an excellant warranty and will take care of you.
Sponsored

Last edited: