First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland (waiting)
Occupation
Airport Maint Spec. - FF/NREMT
It’s an Overland with painted stock fenders. I took out the halogen DRL bulbs and replaced them with LED. The side steps are stock, keeps the rocks off the hinges.
Nice looking build you have! Do you mind sharing who makes those fenders? And are those rock sliders or side steps (and where can I find them), love the way those look!
Sponsored

Sponsored

DCPHOENIX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
Dad
Those of you with the Rugged Ridge Arcus...

I see on all the literature that they accept sport and sahara fog lights.

No mention of Rubicon fogs though. I have the plastic bumper, non led fogs. Also the fogs look to be pretty exposed in the bumper. Any issues with that?

Have it sat in the cart, ready to pull the trigger

Iamstubb

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
In case anyone has questions about the JTR and the Rugged Ridge Spartacus bumper. I was looking at it for almost six months, then in late October when I was traveling in Puerto Rico I checked it on Amazon and got it for $250.00. No Kidding. I thought maybe it was going on clearance or something. I ordered it right away. Now the price is back up to $690, but I have generally seen it at about $500. Funny thing is it came with Tactik brand badge on the front, although the box was Rugged Ridge. So maybe that was the reason, but Rugged Ridge refused to send me the correct badge. Fine by me. I also got the RR winch plate. Mounted it with the Smittybilt XRC Gen 3 9500 (97695) but I changed out the steel rope with a dyneema synthetic and aluminum hawse fairlead. Between 90' of 3/8 steel cable and a heavy roller fairlead I likely saved 10+ pounds over the 83 Lb. stock weight and spent less than getting the upgraded Smittybilt 9500 "Comp" model. Got excited and added the Factor 55 Flatlink E and Warn interrupter wired to my aux switches. All told I spent about $1300. I think it really improves the look of the front end.

Answers to questions I have seen here a few times:

1. The steel Rubican skid plate that comes with the OEM plastic bumper fits without any modification.
2. The OEM non-LED fog lights fit perfectly as they should, and there are adapters for the LED lights. But you will have to be creative with zip ties to secure the harness
3. The Smittybilt winch is a tight fit, but I found a cheap cover on Amazon for UV and dirt protection.
4. The bumper has shorty/full length options, and the wings are easily removed if desired.
5. The winch sits low with no grill occlusion and looks pretty good.
6. I wired the illuminated Smitty control box logo light to the fogs so I can show off if needed.

Pro tips:
1. Keep everything loose until it is all installed, including the frame nuts holding the tow hooks. You will need to maximize play between parts to get everything aligned.
2. Wear gloves while wrenching. The two times I didn't, I paid for it. Still growing skin back from busting nuts on the factory stuff and tightening things at the end. Rough edges everywhere.
3. A buddy helps when getting things aligned.

Here is the Before:

Jeep Gladiator The Definitive Front Bumper Thread 20221112_095805

Here is the After:

Jeep Gladiator The Definitive Front Bumper Thread 20221120_163216-cro

MidTn47AgJT

First Name
Kris Seay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Max Tow
Occupation
Construction Manager
Wolfstorm Offroad Front Bumper! Absolutely amazing quality and design. Even better, it was $319. Plus it is modular. I chose to keep it stubby for now.

Bumper 1.jpg

Bumper 2.jpg
Wolfstorm Offroad Front Bumper! Absolutely amazing quality and design. Even better, it was $319. Plus it is modular. I chose to keep it stubby for now.

Jeep Gladiator The Definitive Front Bumper Thread DSCF4507.JPG

Jeep Gladiator The Definitive Front Bumper Thread DSCF4507.JPG
Been a few months since the post here, with the chance youre still active I'd like to ask how this bumper has held up?

Sponsored

'22JTRD

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Real Estate
Just mounted the RR Arcus with a HF 12k Apex Badland winch.

The OEM Rubicon LED fog lights mount right up contrary to the info stating otherwise.

Used an alternate Shackle mount from Teraflex, but had to open up the Arcus shell and cut the round nib off the back of the Shackle mount. Both were easy using a Sawzall with metal blade.

https://teraflex.com/jk-d-ring-mount-each.html

2 - BigLion.X 7" Amber Spots less than $100 on Amazon including covers
21 LED / 16,000LM /105W each

Jeep Gladiator The Definitive Front Bumper Thread 20221213_202043
Jeep Gladiator The Definitive Front Bumper Thread 20221203_165203
Jeep Gladiator The Definitive Front Bumper Thread 20221203_171712

Toyfrog

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Just mounted the RR Arcus with a HF 12k Apex Badland winch.

The OEM Rubicon LED fog lights mount right up contrary to the info stating otherwise.

Used an alternate Shackle mount from Teraflex, but had to open up the Arcus shell and cut the round nib off the back of the Shackle mount. Both were easy using a Sawzall with metal blade.

https://teraflex.com/jk-d-ring-mount-each.html

2 - BigLion.X 7" Amber Spots less than $100 on Amazon including covers
21 LED / 16,000LM /105W each

Are the Rubi and Mojave fogs the same? I got the led package with my Mojave and will be installing the bumper and 10k warn the last week of the year. Also do the fog brackets come in the box with the bumper. Thanks

'22JTRD

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Real Estate
Are the Rubi and Mojave fogs the same? I got the led package with my Mojave and will be installing the bumper and 10k warn the last week of the year. Also do the fog brackets come in the box with the bumper. Thanks
The oem led fogs mount using the main bracket with the captive nuts

There is an additional adapter that attaches to the main bracket for what I guess is the oem base style fogs

The Rubicon LED fogs attach with the RR included 4 small bolt /washer/nut

It's my guess that the Mohave and Rubicon use the same LED fogs, zoom in and see if mine look like yours.

Jeep Gladiator The Definitive Front Bumper Thread 20221210_151141

'22JTRD

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Real Estate
RR ships the Arcus in 2 boxes

Most parts and shell in 1 and the winch plate in the 2nd

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
The LED fogs in my Mojave plastic bumper fit right into the Arcus brackets; they use 4 mounting tabs. The supplied adapters are for the 3-tab fogs.
I called OMIX and they said the stock T55 M12x1.75x50 mounting bolts are grade 8.8. That grade is a bit lower than USA grade 5 (110,000 psi vs. 120,000 psi). Grade 8 and metric 10.9 are 150,000 psi. I bought some grade 12.9 allen head (socket head cap screws, 170,000) 60 mm long and will use them with a second nut in the same grade cinched tight against the welded-on stock nuts that are attached to the brackets. McMaster.com carries the bolts and nuts, btw.
Sponsored