Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 1975 Camaro, 1973 Beetle
Occupation
Analyst
I’m looking for recommendations for an aluminum front bumper to add to my Mojave. I wasn’t able to find a thread so narrowly focused towards aluminum replacements, but if I missed it, please attach a link to it here. Otherwise, I’d welcome seeing what others are using and what they like or not about them.
Thanks!
Sponsored

Tuggernuts

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Occupation
Truck driver
Rugged Ridge Arcus. It’s pretty tough, very light, and much cheaper than Aluminum. The Mojave is tough due to the shock reservoirs and the skid plate. The Arcus mates right up with zero issue. My .02.

fourfa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD + ACCC
Build Thread
Link
I'll put in a word for the MP Concepts aluminum bumper. Cheap-ish all-aluminum copy of the Mopar steel bumper. It claims only to fit the JL Wrangler but obviously the JT has the same front end so it goes on without issue. Includes a steel winch plate (which for the record does need trimming to clear the Rubicon sway bar disconnect). Paint / powdercoat quality is probably the low point, it'll get marred on the trail fairly easily. But it won't rust after it does.

Weight wise, it's the same as the stock plastic bumper assembly. 32 lbs bare bumper, ~40 lbs with fogs, all the wiring, brackets, fasteners, and winch fairlead hardware (+5 lbs). Stock bumper is 33 lbs without fogs and wiring, 35 with. Winch plate is 22 lbs (and optional, if you're not doing a winch).

It also comes with an aluminum lower skid plate. My stock Rubicon steel plate is 16.2 lbs, the aluminum one is 6.4. Not sure how that compares to the Mojave, I recall it has a different front plate

(total install with Warn VR Evo 10s and 1/0 wiring was +84 lbs over stock - basically 72 lbs of winch, 22 lbs of winch plate, -10 lbs on the skid) and -0.5" on front ride height.

I also wanted the Rock Hard bumper with integral recessed winch mount, super clean and light. But ultimately was too expensive for me. Arcus also looks good but I didn't want a stubby.

Aleph

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes GLK350, Gladiator Mojave
Bump! Figured maybe some new options may have popped up since the last post on this thread so I wanted to revive it.

I’ve been looking for an aluminum front bumper with cutouts for factory fogs, mount locations for aftermarket cube fog lights, recovery points, a low profile/hidden winch location + NO bar (to preserve an unobstructed TrailCam view). So basically an aluminum Rugged Ridge Arcus, but I’m open to mid and full widths as well.

Has anyone seen anything around that fits the bill?

Sponsored

Aleph

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes GLK350, Gladiator Mojave

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Aleph, the Arcus in steel is already pretty light, just a 0.1" thick shell (15.6 lb) over a 1/4" winch plate (22.2 lb.), with two 10 lb. hooks. With my Harbor Freight 12k winch, the setup is 101 lb, more than the stock plastic bumper (34 lb.), for a front end sag of 3/8" on the Mojave.

Sponsored

HappyGladiator

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Electrical tech
Rock Hard, 37 pounds, flat tow approved. Not cheap, but high quality. It's what I have on my Mojave along with a Warn Evo 8s.
This is exactly what I did but got the Warn 12K. The thing is a work of art.

Fishee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys NACHO
I went with the MP concepts. I did have it powder coated as the original PC was crap.
I'm looking into that as well. How much was it to get it refinished?