• Total voters

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Having done more restoration and repair work than I care to recall - I spend as much if not more time doing what needs to be done to prevent or slow rust and rot. So many keep 'em pretty and shiny and blinding and wax the crap out of them - and they rot from below while people ohh and ahh over the paint.
So I keep all of the drain holes open, boxed areas clean and those floor pan seams cleaned out. You can repaint a car cheap, relatively speaking, but can't easily re-body one.
I spend as much time washing off the underside as I do the top side. I have a car that is two years shy of being 40 and it's TOTALLY rust-free. The underside is clean. You can wipe your hands across the underside and not get them dirty.
I need to remember to start doing that to mine since I have it down on the gulf coast regularly. Thinking of giving the underside a good rinse off and then let it dry and spray it with some of that Amsol stuff I saw in another post if I can figure out what needs to be sprayed down.
Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What's the news on the Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax? hand wash the car then ceramic wax it, spray on, wipe off? and its way better than normal waxing, but more forgiving to application and expense as compared to actual "ceramic coating"?
I tried the Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic wax. Its nice that you can just spray and rinse but I found that even shaking the hell out of the bottle every time I use it it comes up in globs and not a good even spray thus not giving a good coating

GEETCH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Navy
Vehicle Showcase
I am still waiting for my JTR, (also will be my first jeep) but when I had my Taco, I cleaned it every two weeks, or after any trip off pavement. I find it relaxing, I fire up the grill, open a six pack and go to work. I also spend as much time under the body as I do on it. I have a cart as well with a variety of brushes, grease, and corrosion inhibiting paint to hit up the skid plates as well as frame. had zero rust on my rig and she got dirty a lot.

Riccochet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKR | 2020 Ram 2500 | 2021 JT Sport
Jeep and truck get washed about once a month. I'd do it more often if I had time. I do keep them ceramic coated with DPC Shield. Not much sticks, so they never really look all that dirty. Lately I've been using Tac Moonlight for maintenance every month.

Jeep Gladiator The good old Car Wash thread lol 1600291985327

That's after being washed.

I don't have many pics of my Jeep. This is last fall after getting new tires. It's about as dirty as it ever gets.

Jeep Gladiator The good old Car Wash thread lol 1600292182653

NAMJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BMW GT; 2020 Sport Gladiator
OK, so call me either lazy or just busy with honeydew lists and kids and life in general but I can barely get the time to wash the JT. The owner manual however says not to take the soft top through the automatic carwash. Has anyone taken their soft top JT through a car wash? Are there any issues with this? Is FCA being overly cautious, or is there good reason to stay away?

Sponsored

Riccochet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKR | 2020 Ram 2500 | 2021 JT Sport
OK, so call me either lazy or just busy with honeydew lists and kids and life in general but I can barely get the time to wash the JT. The owner manual however says not to take the soft top through the automatic carwash. Has anyone taken their soft top JT through a car wash? Are there any issues with this? Is FCA being overly cautious, or is there good reason to stay away?
Not a good idea. If one of those rotating beater brushes snags the top that top is coming off. And those things will beat the rear window to death.

1OffCraz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I take my soft top through the touchless only auto washes all the time, but
I would never risk taking a chance with one of those brushes. They're too damn violent.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought the stuff in the car wash water like the waxes, etc was not good for the Twill Soft Tops
Sponsored