First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, '04 Tacoma PreRunner
Occupation
Tech Support
I hate the window switch placement. I'm somewhat familiar with it from my old JK, but when you drive 5 different vehicles and only 1 is in the center stack, it gets confusing.
How about the windows are buttons but the window cut off is a dial
Sponsored

Caspien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 GC Trailhawk
Occupation
I.T. Architect
So far, not much I don't like...

The wipers not having the auto-sensing option is a little annoying to me, especially when you have to constantly flip them on and off due to microbursts... I know.. I know..1st world problem.

The driver's seat is extremely uncomfortable for me...got some seat jackers to install this weekend, but the first 8k miles, I can drive for about 2 hours, before my legs are killing me, due to lack of support.

Backup camera, as others have mentioned.. is amazingly crisp.. but occasionally it'll not 'come on'. Hard power cycling the head unit works, but it's aggravating.

I'm with folks on the 'Guardian' service....WAAY too expensive for what it is. The fact that we only get a 6month trial of Sirius is garbage.. considering my wife's Compass came with a 1 year, and my Renegade came with a 2 year.

The 'reduced' Jeep Wave program still feels a little dirty, too.

Performance is fine, MPG isn't terrible, towing capacity isn't bad (JTR and Max Tow), but payload seems kinda 'bleh' for the size and cost of the vehicle.

After installing the hot head headliners... I'm convinced these things SHOULD come with a headliner of some sort.. the difference really is quite noticeable.

Back shell, I honestly don't understand why it wasn't assembled similar to the front, so you didn't have to take the entire thing off, 1 fell swoop.. nor would you have to have a large storage place for it.

Pretty much, everything is nit-picking at this point.... I love my JTR :)

~ Casp

Sponsored

OP
OP
AstroZombie

AstroZombie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tech Support
This has fueled lots of amazing comments. Keep em coming!!

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
Last edited:

chrismeece74

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S, 2021 Wrangler Freedom Edit
Occupation
Sr Quality Manager
My last truck was a Ram 1500, the transmission shifter was a dial right where the volume knob is in the Gladiator. First few times I drove the Gladiator I turned the volume up to shift.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AstroZombie

AstroZombie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tech Support
So far, not much I don't like...

The wipers not having the auto-sensing option is a little annoying to me, especially when you have to constantly flip them on and off due to microbursts... I know.. I know..1st world problem.

The driver's seat is extremely uncomfortable for me...got some seat jackers to install this weekend, but the first 8k miles, I can drive for about 2 hours, before my legs are killing me, due to lack of support.

Backup camera, as others have mentioned.. is amazingly crisp.. but occasionally it'll not 'come on'. Hard power cycling the head unit works, but it's aggravating.

I'm with folks on the 'Guardian' service....WAAY too expensive for what it is. The fact that we only get a 6month trial of Sirius is garbage.. considering my wife's Compass came with a 1 year, and my Renegade came with a 2 year.

The 'reduced' Jeep Wave program still feels a little dirty, too.

Performance is fine, MPG isn't terrible, towing capacity isn't bad (JTR and Max Tow), but payload seems kinda 'bleh' for the size and cost of the vehicle.

After installing the hot head headliners... I'm convinced these things SHOULD come with a headliner of some sort.. the difference really is quite noticeable.

Back shell, I honestly don't understand why it wasn't assembled similar to the front, so you didn't have to take the entire thing off, 1 fell swoop.. nor would you have to have a large storage place for it.

Pretty much, everything is nit-picking at this point.... I love my JTR :)

~ Casp
I love mine too. Even the horrible gas mileage. And this is the not-picking post. Hahaha i think mine came with a year for guardian but I don’t really know. When it stops working I guess. I wouldn’t pay for that.
if I could or get away with sleeping init I probably would. I still get up at night to see if it’s really a roll there.
my dram was to build a TJ with a bruit conversion and I just held out and the Gladiator happens.Really a dream come true and will most likely be the last vehicle I ever buy myself n

Whatscooking

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Chorkee. 2004 Wrangler
Occupation
Retired
I wish the buttons behind the steering wheel that control the radio, left side controls which station right side does the volume, were switched. I dont change the station much but the volume yes. With my left arm doing most of the driving and resting on the window opening it would be more user friendly, for me.
Thats about it.

u-joint

First Name
Inigo Montoya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Yes
I like how pressing the Siri button on the steering wheel lowers the AC fan speed so you can more easily give commands to Siri.

It’s the little touches like that which amaze me!

Then there’s crap like the gas burping issue and the flacky stereo that just make me say “WTF Jeep!” @JeepCares knows what I’m talking about.
Sponsored