Threads
Reaction score
Website
teamgf.org
Vehicle(s)
2020 "Bright White" Jeep Rubicon Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Your friends are also probably those people who like chrome on everything inside and outside of a car. Which should be illegal IMO. But just like any car, wheels, tires and stance can make anything look good.

SeattleJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I didnt like the Gladiator at first, like most have said, just out of proportion. Then I really took a look at a rubicon in person, it was much better up close. Gave it some thought for a couple days, the showroom model had sold, but they just took in a trade on a very nice 2020 certified pre owned Rubicon and I bought it right then and there...

Looked nice, but not as nice as it could be. 3.5" lift and 37s made all the difference to me. Still looks a bit goofy from the rear for some reason, I think the smartcap will fix that ;)

Sponsored

Deleted member 28696

I didnt like the Gladiator at first, like most have said, just out of proportion. Then I really took a look at a rubicon in person, it was much better up close. Gave it some thought for a couple days, the showroom model had sold, but they just took in a trade on a very nice 2020 certified pre owned Rubicon and I bought it right then and there...

Looked nice, but not as nice as it could be. 3.5" lift and 37s made all the difference to me. Still looks a bit goofy from the rear for some reason, I think the smartcap will fix that ;)
I went the smartcap EVO A route 🤠👍🏻

JDChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Mojave
Everyone's opinion is different, including mine. In the beginning I actually did find them ugly but once I started seeing more of them on the road, with specific configurations, I started to come around. To me, the top has to match the body or it looks funny. On the JLs / JLUs I prefer the black soft or hard tops but on the JTs it has to match. I just don't like the little bit of black. On the JLs / JLUs there is much more behind the 2nd row that distinguishes it from the rest of the Jeep.

Jeep Gladiator Is The Gladiator THAT Ugly? Screen Shot 2022-03-30 at 4.20.07 PM

Jeepbreath

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Alfa Romeo stelvio
Everyone's opinion is different, including mine. In the beginning I actually did find them ugly but once I started seeing more of them on the road, with specific configurations, I started to come around. To me, the top has to match the body or it looks funny. On the JLs / JLUs I prefer the black soft or hard tops but on the JTs it has to match. I just don't like the little bit of black. On the JLs / JLUs there is much more behind the 2nd row that distinguishes it from the rest of the Jeep.

Jeep Gladiator Is The Gladiator THAT Ugly? Screen Shot 2022-03-30 at 4.20.07 PM
I completely agree, and as others have said larger tires make a huge difference on the vehicle of this length. When I see the basic sport with those skinny wheels it looks horrendous and out of proportion

Sponsored

JDChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Mojave
I completely agree, and as others have said larger tires make a huge difference on the vehicle of this length. When I see the basic sport with those skinny wheels it looks horrendous and out of proportion
Yes! I haven't seen one with 33s that looks good. 35s (what I have) are okay, but it should really have 37s or bigger. It is probably the proportion thing, but JLs / JLUs look okay with 33s.

The Crusader

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JTSD.
Occupation
Field Engineer
My wife insisted on a JL over a JT. A year later, I've divorced her cheating butt and bought the JT. She's driving an 8 year old Ford and not getting my money anymore. I'm not going to let her see it until I have lifted it and new wheels/tires. Our adult sons have probably told her all about it.:devil:

The only option I got out of spite to make her jealous was the heated seats/steering wheel.

OngsterA

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Sarge Rubicon
Occupation
Software Security
That squared off cab needs to be balanced, all good comments so far on the 'utility' half rack, better yet with an RTT. Still on 35s but Mud Terrains help the look!

Jeep Gladiator Is The Gladiator THAT Ugly? 1648698570726
Sponsored