Sponsored

Is The Gladiator THAT Ugly?

B345T

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Edge Titanium, 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye, 2014 Ford Focus SE Hatchback
Occupation
IT
We were stopped four times this weekend by folks wanting to talk about how cool it looks. Too bad Toyota lovers are so envious. Seems that they like to troll this board so much too.
I have had 2 taco's just waiting for an interesting option...even got hyped up over the new 2020 Taco but few changes there...

Hopeful that the Ranger would trip my trigger but no way that was the truck for me and then the Gladiator came to fruition and tada that is the one...

JTR all the way (wife thinks they look like clown cars) but it is mine and a far cry from the boring Taco's that they now build...
Sponsored

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Went out last night with the wife for a meeting. The JTR is naked...got stopped to talk at the gas station, 3 thumbs up on the way and in the parking lot had several people waiting by the truck when we came out. Yeah...sooo ugly, lol

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
Was the Hummer H1 ugly. Did the late mod Toyota FJ Cruiser get high reviews for good looks. Is the new Toyota P/U a pretty truck? How about that eye catching Mercedes UniMog, the early Land Rover Series IIA, how about that runway model, the International Harvester Scout. Can't leave off the Zuke Samuarai. How about them real late model Mercedes M-class, R-class, GL-class, G-class?? Land Rover Discovery ? Any questions about looks for them?

Yep some may not like the looks till we pull them out of the picnic/concert mud or head out to play in the snow or coastal floods or surf fish while they are locked down on the yard.
An international Harvester Scout came close to being the first vehicle I bought, a Chevy LUV won out for the bed. Still love the Scout though.

Swatstar10

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK
My wife hates them. In stock form, I hate them. I think it is awkward and ugly. The back door area is hideous and throws the proportions off, in my opinion. With that said, I am going to purchase a Hydro Blue Rubicon. Before it leaves the dealer it will have a 2” lift and 37s. I miss my Jeep, but need a truck so this is my only alternative.

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer
Who cares? I think it looks functional, and the function is what I really care about. It can go more places than any other truck and tow and haul plenty for what I need.

Fwiw, I think most of the aftermarket wheels people put on these look hideous, as do the angry grills, flat fenders, umpteen million lights, stubby bumpers etc. I think a stock Rubicon looks about right to me, maybe could use 34-35" tires to fill the fender gap a bit. But it's so subjective it doesn't matter. If people are buying them, then apparently they look good enough.

Sponsored

ColoradoGlad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Who cares? I think it looks functional, and the function is what I really care about. It can go more places than any other truck and tow and haul plenty for what I need.

Fwiw, I think most of the aftermarket wheels people put on these look hideous, as do the angry grills, flat fenders, umpteen million lights, stubby bumpers etc. I think a stock Rubicon looks about right to me, maybe could use 34-35" tires to fill the fender gap a bit. But it's so subjective it doesn't matter. If people are buying them, then apparently they look good enough.

I have to agree...

Some of the JT's with massive tires and wheels, 6" lifts, Stubby bumpers and more just look way over the top and not very practical..

*Unless you are a You Tuber and this is how you make your money. Smile

But I have to say, that's what makes a Jeep so awesome is all the things you can do to your liking...

Keep on Jeep'n…

Last edited:

MF Comics

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Manual Bronco
I get excited like a little kid whenever I see a Gladiator, and I'm always on here deciding between Firecracka and Punk'n

Only odd element was seeing one on the highway omw to work earlier, looked like a freshly painted 90s Jeep Cherokee/GC from a far enough distance, though I also knew what it was instinctively.

They are unique, yes, but hardly ugly

Sponsored

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
I liked the general looks from first sight and still do. Like others, I still go out to the garage and just stare at it. That said, there are some "awkward" angles and I can understand why some other reasonable people may not like it.

But as others have stated; the average "man on the street" loves it, and who cares as long as the owner likes it!

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon AKA 'Sky Walker'
Quick story, we went to have breakfast at a local spot that is very busy. I had the top off and parking spot opened in front of the doors to the restaurant. The wait was long and it was funny to observe reactions when people came in or gathered around the truck. My wife did not believe me when I told her it drew attention and strong reactions one way or the other, but she got to witness this. A young lady came in and discussed how her friend (who was not there) could not stand the jeep and how ugly it was. Of course she had to get past the gathering of people to get in the restaurant which seemed to annoy her. The gentleman she was with looked at it again and said, I think it's cool. So for that one person out of all those others, and the ones who stopped us to talk, we are having a good time. My wife has even embraced the Jeep Wave. So not that the approval of others in important, but it does enhance the experience. Have fun!

deadbug

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Electrician
I've owned a lot of cars and trucks over the years and in the last week that I've had this Jt I've never had so many compliments on how cool it is, I agree with the right tires comment!