Sponsored

Is The Gladiator THAT Ugly?

Chukronos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
With the top on it is pretty goofy looking. Same with having wheel spacers pushing the tires out. Awful. But, take that top off and it is the best looking truck available.

In the new gladiator commercial there is not one single shot of it with its top on. Makes sense.
Sponsored

Rav34653

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinto
Vehicle Showcase
Beauty is in the Eye Of the Beholder,But when a guy on a bike follows you Into the plaza parking lot just to get a closer look, Or when dozen's of people who have approach me with positive comment in the short time I have owned it, one thing for sure the Gladiator is turning head. I think they looks awesome

Deleted member 28696

I’ve had 4 friends now (none of which are car guys) tell me that my gladiator is hideous. One of them said “god, I can’t even look at it, the proportions are all wrong”. Another said, “it just looks like a wide brimmed top hat” (which after making this picture, I agree with haha)

Do any of you that own it, think it’s ugly or is everyone in love with it? I can honestly say, I think it looks really cool, but there are one or two bad angles when looking at it

80301555-C47C-48AB-8F42-8E715E29472C.png
I love the looks of the JTR once modded with a lift, 37s or larger tires, some body armor, looks like an tough military type vehicle, stock they look good but out of proportion. I have the Bestop sunrider, but that’s the only part that’s cloth (twill).

Sponsored

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
I love the looks of the JTR once modded with a lift, 37s or larger tires, some body armor, looks like an tough military type vehicle, stock they look good but out of proportion. I have the Bestop sunrider, but that’s the only part that’s cloth (twill).
undertaker-rise.gif

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
It was kind of ugly when I bought it. I knew what I was going to do right away. It is beautiful now.

IMG_1577.jpeg

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
There are far uglier............ Aztec, Flex, and I could go on......

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
The Jeep Wrangler look is utilitarian, not "attractive" per se. The quirkiness of the vehicle is what has kept it the most unchanged vehicle in 50+ years. Only Porsche has been changed less through time.

It's not a look for everyone. Stock Sports look oddly proportioned, and overall I think the Gladiator body needs to be moved forward about 3-5" on the chassis for balance. Wheels & tire upgrades, bigger front bumper & winch help tremendously with the perceived balance.

A Ferrari F430 it's not.
Sponsored