Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
From here on out, let’s please don’t lambast folks posting here using the word “car” to refer to any Jeep, even the Gladiator.
Can we also call people that refer to a Jeep as a car, a twat?

Call it what you want... but if you ask me anything about my "car" I'll tell you about the MGB or my wife's Prius... The TJ and the JT are both Jeeps (or wrangler and gladiator or truck)

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AMT
I have a 3/4 ton truck that is considered a light truck. The Gladiator is a very light truck. Not much for hauling or towing, but it can do a little of that type use.

This is a pretty old thread!

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome ride ^.
Thanks, Yup, I love it - it's my 2nd SX4.
About 2011 I put a 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 in it, and totally rebuilt almost every other part of it over the years.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 3/4 ton truck that is considered a light truck. The Gladiator is a very light truck. Not much for hauling or towing, but it can do a little of that type use.

This is a pretty old thread!
Naw, not much for towing.........

Jeep Gladiator The Jeep Gladiator IS a CAR!! 20210819_155122_HDR

Can't haul much with 'em either...........

Jeep Gladiator The Jeep Gladiator IS a CAR!! 1679543289646

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired AMT
Naw, not much for towing.........

Can't haul much with 'em either...........

Now that is funny! Yes, it can tow a trailer and even put a few blocks in it, but there are better and safer tools out there that can handle the load and stop a lot better.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Now that is funny! Yes, it can tow a trailer and even put a few blocks in it, but there are better and safer tools out there that can handle the load and stop a lot better.
looks like it worked out just fine to me. These other tools you speak of, does the top come off creating an ear to ear smile also? Point is nobody bought the JT thinking it was the best tow rig or that it hauled more than fill in the blank.

We got it because it’s a jack of all trades. I think shadowspapa was just sharing one of the many different things it CAN do. I’m a bit of a small job DIYer who dabbles in off roading and I for one love my JT (except the 6 speed, hoping they get the cultch right on the third recall).

Lost1wing - I bet they have a forum for your favorite vehicle too. You should go check that out.

DobaMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Overland, 23 JL Sahara 4xe
When I lived in Pennsylvania and bought a new Gladiator in 2020, the state sent a passenger car license plate for it. I thought that was odd (but it was cheaper).
Then I moved back to Georgia and the cost was the same car or truck.

Sponsored

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
IDGAF

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired AMT
looks like it worked out just fine to me. These other tools you speak of, does the top come off creating an ear to ear smile also? Point is nobody bought the JT thinking it was the best tow rig or that it hauled more than fill in the blank.

We got it because it’s a jack of all trades. I think shadowspapa was just sharing one of the many different things it CAN do. I’m a bit of a small job DIYer who dabbles in off roading and I for one love my JT (except the 6 speed, hoping they get the cultch right on the third recall).

Lost1wing - I bet they have a forum for your favorite vehicle too. You should go check that out.
I don't have a favorite vehicle and what was the point of that any way? My point was, sure a Jeep can do plenty of things, but not the best choice. If you can only have 1 vehicle and hauling trailers was your main purpose, maybe the JT isn't your best choice. I've been around Jeeps a long time. The J10 J20 were trucks. The new Gladiator is kind of fragile in my opinion more like a car. I'm not going wheeling in the 3/4 ton either, but I can! It has a purpose and far from my favorite.

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
doesnt mean JT is not a truck
Sponsored