Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fiat 124 Spider, 2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Speaking of which, TFL uploaded this morning its 12-month Love/Hate assessment of Gladiator.

Overall, they love their truck and highly recommend it.
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fiat 124 Spider, 2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
weird the byline in the link is for 2021 but the text that was pasted has it 2020. Honestly it reads like an article from a year ago.

Sponsored

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
Just because the Jeep Gladiator is a new model doesn't mean it's going to be immune to issues. Most of the components aren't new. Vehicles are built by humans who aren't perfect. Therefore, don't expect vehicles to be perfect. You get some that are good and some are bad. Remember, auto repair shops were slammed full before the 2020 Jeep Gladiator came out and will be long after. Other new models have issues too. Humans!

Bronco.jpg

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Military Engineer
I take all reports on 4WD vehicles with a really big grain of salt. These reviewers do not take driver ability, mentality or behavior into account. Whether it was the 1980's Suzuki Samarai and its crash worthiness (exact model still sold in Japan as the Jimney), the 1980's Isuzu Trooper II and its roll-over issue (exact model still sold in Asia/Australia and the best Overlanding rig I have ever had) or Jeeps and how everything breaks. Just because you buy the latest and greatest 4WD, does not make you Iron Man Stewart, and instantly qualified to run the Baja 1000 or to do the Lion's Back in Moab. I have known too many first time Jeep owners, who spend a lot of money fixing it, because they never learned to drive it offroad. Or they think because it has some kind of vehicle stability control, that they can drive it on road like a sports sedan and then act surprise when they find themselves tires up in the ditch. See it every year here in Alaska when we get a fresh crop of MIL personnel rotating in from Lower 48. Find them either broken down on a Class 1-2 trail (usually excessive speed in the bumps - had a friend grenade a power steering pump on a brand new Toy Taco TRD with 150 miles on it cause he didn't follow spotter instructions about not frantically sawing the steering wheel and pushing the go pedal to the floor when a front tire lost momentary traction between two very small boulders), seen vehicles swallowed by the glacier silt of Jim Creek (seen Stryker Amoured Personnel Carriers disappear completely in an Alaskan swamp) or upside down along the Glenn Highway after first snow storm (So, there really is a reason to run studded snow tires and reduce speed in winter?). Drive like an idiot, pay like an idiot, complain like an idiot; that is what these surveys pull from.

PS. The I have only broken two items on my '96 Cherokee XJ (which regularly saw Class 5-6 trails for 15 years). One was a a factory gas charged rear shock, when I over compressed the still stock suspension climbing out of a "hot tub" in Canyonlands. The second was a track bar end after I hit a curb avoiding a traffic accident. 25 years later, I finally got around to replacing the T-Case (worn chain slipping), installed new suspension bushings (hockey puck hard), replaced the brake rotors (corrosion) and replaced the steering linkage (worn out from snowdrift bashing). Still running original engine, along with original, factory installed limited slip front and Detroit locker rear axles, tranny, power steering pump and gear-box, drive-shafts, heater box, lift gate, body panels, side view mirrors......workers in Akron must have been sober the week they built my XJ.

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
I take all reports on 4WD vehicles with a really big grain of salt. These reviewers do not take driver ability, mentality or behavior into account. Whether it was the 1980's Suzuki Samarai and its crash worthiness (exact model still sold in Japan as the Jimney), the 1980's Isuzu Trooper II and its roll-over issue (exact model still sold in Asia/Australia and the best Overlanding rig I have ever had) or Jeeps and how everything breaks. Just because you buy the latest and greatest 4WD, does not make you Iron Man Stewart, and instantly qualified to run the Baja 1000 or to do the Lion's Back in Moab. I have known too many first time Jeep owners, who spend a lot of money fixing it, because they never learned to drive it offroad. Or they think because it has some kind of vehicle stability control, that they can drive it on road like a sports sedan and then act surprise when they find themselves tires up in the ditch. See it every year here in Alaska when we get a fresh crop of MIL personnel rotating in from Lower 48. Find them either broken down on a Class 1-2 trail (usually excessive speed in the bumps - had a friend grenade a power steering pump on a brand new Toy Taco TRD with 150 miles on it cause he didn't follow spotter instructions about not frantically sawing the steering wheel and pushing the go pedal to the floor when a front tire lost momentary traction between two very small boulders), seen vehicles swallowed by the glacier silt of Jim Creek (seen Stryker Amoured Personnel Carriers disappear completely in an Alaskan swamp) or upside down along the Glenn Highway after first snow storm (So, there really is a reason to run studded snow tires and reduce speed in winter?). Drive like an idiot, pay like an idiot, complain like an idiot; that is what these surveys pull from.
All your post did, for me, was make me want to live in Alaska even more.

Gijohn96

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland
Occupation
Refinery guy
Gotta say it's nice. I haven't had any issues in the last year and have put 11K miles. (Knock on wood)
Knock on something. I lemon'd my 2020. 2021 has made it 3k without a check engine light but I keep worrying.

Sponsored

Devil Dog

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2021 JT Mojave, 2023 Rubicon 392

PS. The I have only broken two items on my '96 Cherokee XJ (which regularly saw Class 5-6 trails for 15 years). One was a a factory gas charged rear shock, when I over compressed the still stock suspension climbing out of a "hot tub" in Canyonlands. The second was a track bar end after I hit a curb avoiding a traffic accident. 25 years later, I finally got around to replacing the T-Case (worn chain slipping), installed new suspension bushings (hockey puck hard), replaced the brake rotors (corrosion) and replaced the steering linkage (worn out from snowdrift bashing). Still running original engine, along with original, factory installed limited slip front and Detroit locker rear axles, tranny, power steering pump and gear-box, drive-shafts, heater box, lift gate, body panels, side view mirrors......workers in Akron must have been sober the week they built my XJ.
If yours was built in Akron, that's a big problem in and of itself.

that_gladiator_kid16

First Name
matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sports S
Occupation
Part time docksman
Vehicle Showcase
I guess they never checked with anybody on this site. :swear:
wow maybe instead of acting like a downer just enjoy the fact we can get our bragging rights over other trucks like F-150 Tacoma and Ridgelines!

seven30

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM 6spd, 2001 Cherokee, 1992 Comanche
Occupation
Programer
T

Yep Cherokees! "still stock suspension climbing out of a "hot tub" in Canyonlands." If I was forced to have one and only one vehicle I think it would have to be a Cherokee. 235k on mine. runs perfect. I did have to replace the crank sensor and heater valve :)

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Yup.....play stupid games....win stupid prizes.

Iowafarm

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon, Chevy Camaro SS, HD Wideglide
Occupation
Farmer
This must be a joke or fake news🤣.
Clearly they did no research into all the issues/ TSB on the Gladiator.
I'm sure if they tested one with the constant ongoing engine misfire, like I & many have, their opinion would be much different.
I love my gladiator but I would not call it the most reliable vehicle on the market for sure.
It also could be that you had trouble and so did a few other people, and you went to a forum to discuss it were nobody post mine started today and ran perfectly. That has been my experience so far. 18k nothing happened no warning lights zero issues. Go to the issues recalled part and you see lots of post there sure. But people only post there if they have problems and while it might make you feel better that other people are sharing you misery, I would say that is the exception not the rule.
Sponsored