Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
So… unfortunately, I am not feeling the standard MOJAVE colors of the “GLADIATOR” tailgate badge.

With the “MOJAVE” hood decals, being black/orange, the 3 (now 2) “Jeep” badges being gray/orange and the “GLADIATOR” side decals being black, I am having a hard time deciding on what to reorder for the tailgate. I am thinking satin black font on gloss black outline and that will look just like the Mopar hood graphic, but also thinking to go with the the satin gray font on gloss black outline.

My Mojave is Sting Gray (yes, another one - Hah!) and I’m not all about matchy matchy and/or “murdered out” either (generally speaking). I always prefer contrast colors, but damn… could there have been just one more color combination? Sheesh.

Just killing time watching the clock, thought to come here to get some folk’s thoughts/ideas/suggestions and see if there may be a general consensus of sorts.

P.S. Not to mention the feeling of my crappy eyes playing tricks on me and that I could do a better job of leveling/centering.

TIA and good day/weekend to all.

**FirstWorldProblems**

¯\_(❛︣ ͜ʖ ❛᷅)_/¯

Jeep Gladiator The last Gladiator Tailgate Badge You Will Ever Need! LoDR

Jeep Gladiator The last Gladiator Tailgate Badge You Will Ever Need! LoDR
Sounds like a problem easily solved by reaching out to @pixeldecals. Get new decals so the colors match across all of them.

Sawburner

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Steel Fabrication
Anybody been able to get in contact with Hauk off road? My daughter ordered me a tail gate badge sevral weeks ago. They don't answer there phone, don't return her calls and don't answer emails.

19Comanche86

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys,1986 Comanche XLS (LS1 swap)
Occupation
Firefighter/ Paramedic / Home inspector
Anybody been able to get in contact with Hauk off road? My daughter ordered me a tail gate badge sevral weeks ago. They don't answer there phone, don't return her calls and don't answer emails.
Good luck I cancelled an order with them about 6 months ago and was finally able to make contact after weeks of calling. They never issued me a refund I ended up having to file a dispute with my bank. Absolute nightmare, awful customer service.

Sponsored

Klicht87

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Veteran/DoD Program Analyst
I ordered from them a few months ago and saw that it was sitting for about 2 weeks in processing. Called them up and they told me the all black was out of stock and were waiting for more to come in. I ended up cancelling because I didn't want to wait with an unknown delivery date. I did get a hold of somebody on the phone though so it stinks that you haven't been able to.

Sawburner

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Steel Fabrication
Good luck I cancelled an order with them about 6 months ago and was finally able to make contact after weeks of calling. They never issued me a refund I ended up having to file a dispute with my bank. Absolute nightmare, awful customer service.
I ordered from them a few months ago and saw that it was sitting for about 2 weeks in processing. Called them up and they told me the all black was out of stock and were waiting for more to come in. I ended up cancelling because I didn't want to wait with an unknown delivery date. I did get a hold of somebody on the phone though so it stinks that you haven't been able to.

She paid with PayPal and is going to have them get her money back and will go with Limitless. Thanks for the replies Mark

atxatxatx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WK2Grand Cherokee,Gladiator Mojave
She paid with PayPal and is going to have them get her money back and will go with Limitless. Thanks for the replies Mark
Limitless has issues, many of us had bad service from them, also they don't accept PayPal

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
I thought I read somewhere that they went under.

On a side note the Urban Jeep tailgait badge is much better.

Gladiator tailgait badge

Sponsored

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
I have the tailgate letters (Gladiator) that Im going to work putting on this weekend, any lessons learned or tips yall got...looks like a one shot deal, dont want to hose it up. Hopefully the Jeep lettering comes off without too much trouble. I have a heat gun, figured keep it on low, move it around to warm them up, plastic pry tools, etc.

Choatecav

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales
I have the tailgate letters (Gladiator) that Im going to work putting on this weekend, any lessons learned or tips yall got...looks like a one shot deal, dont want to hose it up. Hopefully the Jeep lettering comes off without too much trouble. I have a heat gun, figured keep it on low, move it around to warm them up, plastic pry tools, etc.
Here's what I learned when doing this very thing:

1) Use the heat gun gradually and heat up current letters.
2) Take heavy fishing line and get it behind the warmed letters and "saw" through the softened tape on the back.
3) Clean all of the adhesive off (use Goof off or similar product) and then wash and wax the now blank area.
4) Tape a long straight edge to your tail lights that will ensure that your letters are straight.
5) The first letter you will mount will be the letter "I" and it will be centered over the back up camera.
6) Work out to the left and right from that centered letter. I used 1/2" spacing but that is a personal preference and you may want it spaced differently.

Good luck

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
Oh, I meant to post photo of mine.......
Jeep Gladiator The last Gladiator Tailgate Badge You Will Ever Need! Gladdy a
Thanks Choatecav, appreciate the insight. Using fishing line is a great tip, Ive used it before on unwanted reflectors and such, actually forgot about it. You mentioned the cleaning, but waxing too? The wax didn't affect the adhesive on the new letters? Thanks again