The Odd Couple

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
Last Fall my wife and I spent some time at a friend's beach house.
While dining out one evening I noticed a sharp little convertible parked next to our car.
It struck me as fun looking, so I checked out and did some research on it when we got back to the house.

With her retired and me mulling it over, a fun vehicle to use for fun things seemed like a fun idea.

Then I saw a few Gladiators at my local dealer, and they looked fun too, but considerably more versatile than the little Spyder.

So the choices were to keep the Tacoma and sell the CX-5, a great car by the way, or to sell both and get a new truck and a convertible in one package.

Age brings wisdom, and I let that little ember smolder for some time, weighing the pros and cons of each choice.

The little car would be easier to get topless and better on gas, but it's a three season fun ride here in Virginia, and I've always had a 4x4 truck, or at least for 30 years I have, and sometimes it's essential around the property or getting places in a foot of snow.

So the decision was made.

Sometimes the whole versus thing isn't apples to apples.

Honestly, if I had another garage bay... 🤔

Jeep Gladiator The Odd Couple 01-2019-fiat-124-spider-urbana-ed

Jeep Gladiator The Odd Couple trashed-1663096731-PXL_20220814_155443517
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mike🖤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Can't wait to see what all you do with it, and what adventures you and your wife will go on! I bet all of us here will say you made the right choice :)

Dartboy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Miata, 21 MaxTow
Occupation
Facilities Maintenance
I have your car’s Uncle - a first year 2nd generation Miata😆 join us over on the Miata.net forum, great place full of nice and knowledgeable people. Its a fun little car, dropping the top in seconds at a stoplight is a wonderful feature-being able to get it up just as quick in unexpected rain is even better

arskemp

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sarge Green Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT
Last Fall my wife and I spent some time at a friend's beach house.
While dining out one evening I noticed a sharp little convertible parked next to our car.
It struck me as fun looking, so I checked out and did some research on it when we got back to the house...
As you might have discovered while researching the 124, it shares a platform with the current gen Mazda MX-5 (Miata). Great fun vehicles, but definitely serve a different purpose than a Gladiator. If your up for shopping used, definitely check out some of the older generations once the used car market settles. There were definitely deals to be had before the used car market went crazy.

I have your car’s Uncle - a first year 2nd generation Miata😆 join us over on the Miata.net forum, great place full of nice and knowledgeable people. Its a fun little car, dropping the top in seconds at a stoplight is a wonderful feature-being able to get it up just as quick in unexpected rain is even better
I somehow convinced my wife that she would enjoy a jeep so I'm fortunate enough to be in the same boat. I have a 3rd gen that I daily drive while she drives the Gladiator.

20220827_183302-01.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: