The Philistine thread - non-lifted Gladiators and not likely to be, either

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
To anyone who lifts their Jeep, Excellent!
To those chosen few who slam them, good on ya'!
I'll leave my Willys suspension stock, including the rake. I've hauled a lot of heavy things in past pickups ('81 F100, '89 Comanche, 04' F150, '08 F150) and that rake is there for a reason. Helps level the truck under load.
Besides, I grew up in the era of air shocks to jack up the ass end until the cops pulled you over for bumper violation and made you drop the fenders down on your Mickey Thompsons, lol.

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R.I.P '20 Overland (totaled) Welcome home '21 Rubi
I would love to lift my Gladiator. But I have the world's best wife who is both short and also has MS. And, she asked me not to lift my truck for obvious reasons.

My wife is more important to me than a lift (but I did get to add Rubicon take-offs :like: ).

Devil Dog

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2021 JT Mojave, 2023 Rubicon 392
I'm not lifting my JTM. It works so well stock, I don't wanna mess with it. Besides, if I did lift it, my young daughters would have a harder time getting in and out, as well as not fitting under the garage door.

Last edited:

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
Literally doing everything on your list. I wheel this thing, hard.

IMG-1359.jpg

IMG-1363.jpg
You do...and that’s great... I was referring to the guys that are dropping a ton of cash on Baja 1000-level mods that aren’t doing anything.

Sponsored

unsocbl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys Eco-diesel
I like your (Procomp?) wheels. I came very close to those but was worried the color was too close to my billet silver. I went with polished. But I dig the non-black wheels.

Also - I totally appreciate that not everyone needs/wants a lift. I added the mopar 2in to help with 35 clearance and high centering. Didn't want to go too crazy and it was cheap and retained the factory ride.
20210411_175107.jpg
Mine are the Quadratec Baja Xtreme, but the procomps were also on the list. Just love those wheels!

Sponsored

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Thank you!

QUOTE="awraynor, post: 706310, member: 40008"]
Love that color and wheel combo.
[/QUOTE]

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Yes. Watch for them on like craigslist. I paid $200 for mine.

Are Rubicon take-offs really that prevalent? Do people post them for sale here on the site all the time?

Spur

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland
Occupation
Retired
Live at the beach. Bought it for the convertible top. No lift necessary. Probably put some good road tires on when the at’s wear out. To each his own. Do what you like, it’s your truck.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
I just want that low center of gravity. I hit 23 degrees sideways on a trail. Took a bad line, my own damn fault. I will tell you now...that was enough pucker factor for me.

My goal is low with lots of flex. I love 37s. Not willing to do the work to run them. I will got to 35s when I get the chance. If I find Gobi Rubicon front fenders, I will buy them.
Sponsored