Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Crime fighter.
This, right here.

Different? Different how?
I realize that the kits use different mechanical means, but the end result is to increase the distance between the axles and the body.
Isn't that the definition of, "Lifted?"

Kevin
To play devils advocate here.....

By this definition, then isn’t a stock Rubicon “lifted” when compared to a stock sport? I mean, since the springs on a Rubi “increase the distance between the axles and the body.”

To each their own, however I don’t see a leveling kit on the front as being “lifted.” It just fixes that god awful factory rake. Yes, I understand the purpose of the rake, but not everyone who buys a Gladiator is buying one to haul a trailer or concrete.
Sponsored

Chestnut

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 WRX, 2017 Forester XT, 2021 JTO
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Well If i remove significant weight from the truck wouldn't that increase the separation between the body and axle.

Taking the top, and doors off now to get that 1/8" lift YEAH!

Not trying to dogg on anyone, don't take me seriously, ever. I'm just trying to inject some humor. Ya'll are so serious.

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Jeep Gladiator The Philistine thread - non-lifted Gladiators and not likely to be, either C1C418B2-1718-43FC-A650-FC0FB8795A14

Recently added a 3/4" front leveling kit and Black Rhino white rims. Not sure if this qualifies as stock.. Also nfab side steps, tonneau cover, stubby antenna, and avs hood bug deflector.

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Gladiator The Philistine thread - non-lifted Gladiators and not likely to be, either C1C418B2-1718-43FC-A650-FC0FB8795A14

Recently added a 3/4" front leveling kit and Black Rhino white rims. Not sure if this qualifies as stock.. Also nfab side steps, tonneau cover, stubby antenna, and avs hood bug deflector.
Apparently it doesn’t qualify here according to some. Hell I can’t even mention the fact of wanting to do a leveling kit without comments from the peanut gallery.

looks nice though!

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
By this definition, then isn’t a stock Rubicon “lifted” when compared to a stock sport? I mean, since the springs on a Rubi “increase the distance between the axles and the body.”

To each their own, however I don’t see a leveling kit on the front as being “lifted.” It just fixes that god awful factory rake. Yes, I understand the purpose of the rake, but not everyone who buys a Gladiator is buying one to haul a trailer or concrete.
Yes, a Rubicon would be lifted compared to a Sport. But, being a factory trim level, it’s not considered, “Lifted,” as the term is intended for this discussion.

And as little as a couple hundred pounds in the back will get rid of, “… that god awful factory rake.”

Hell, for that matter you can get rid of the rake for under $20…

https://www.amazon.com/Mr-Gasket-1282-Spring-Booster/dp/B000BWAP1G/

It’ll ride like crap, but by god it’ll be flat!

lol

Kevin

Sponsored

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys
So a Rubicon is lifted but not lifted, and a level kit is a lift, but rocks in the bed are not…..
Jeep Gladiator The Philistine thread - non-lifted Gladiators and not likely to be, either 1631390982676

Skdmarc

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave
Occupation
GM
I see all those lifted jeeps that don't see dirt granted my Mojave won't see sand but don't pretend because you have a lift that you are hitting the trails daily I like my factory lift and 33s but highway tires and better mileage wouldn't be bad

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Yes, a Rubicon would be lifted compared to a Sport. But, being a factory trim level, it’s not considered, “Lifted,” as the term is intended for this discussion.

And as little as a couple hundred pounds in the back will get rid of, “… that god awful factory rake.”

Hell, for that matter you can get rid of the rake for under $20…

https://www.amazon.com/Mr-Gasket-1282-Spring-Booster/dp/B000BWAP1G/

It’ll ride like crap, but by god it’ll be flat!

lol

Kevin
so opting out for larger more aggressive tires would make it not stock? Just trying to understand your logic here

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
So a Rubicon is lifted but not lifted, and a level kit is a lift, but rocks in the bed are not…..
A Rubicon is lifted from a Sport, but it's in its stock form so it's not "lifted." The rake is for better towing, but if that is taken out then the towing suffers.

Sponsored

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Its funny how Jeep doesn't advertise the Rubicon or Mojave package as a factory lift, but Chevy always has to say, the Trailboss sports a 2" factory lift and now the Silverado ZR2 is "factory" lifted. What's the difference? Just marketing perspectives I suppose.

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
so opting out for larger more aggressive tires would make it not stock? Just trying to understand your logic here
Larger diameter tires will increase ground clearance, but the spacing between the axles and the body doesn't change, so bigger tires isn't a lift. It's not stock anymore, but it's not lifted.

Kevin

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
To play devils advocate here.....

Nope but to those of us that bought it as a truck to do truck stuff that rake is ok. Cause when I am hauling a load of bricks or sacks of stuff or tile, etc its nice that my headlights are not aimed straight at the sky (LOL). If you just wanted a jeep there are plenty of those this was put out to appease the truck people who want and need a truck but like jeeps

jcarbs

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tahoe
Apparently it doesn’t qualify here according to some. Hell I can’t even mention the fact of wanting to do a leveling kit without comments from the peanut gallery.

looks nice though!
I think people are taking the original idea a little to literal. There are some who feel this thread is about no mods and others who try to qualify their mods. It's my Jeep, I shouldn't have to justify it. I don't see how a leveling kit is lifting your Jeep and if that gets people's panties in wad then it's their problem.

jcarbs

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tahoe
Jeep Gladiator The Philistine thread - non-lifted Gladiators and not likely to be, either LooksGoodToMe

Man that looks awesome. May I ask what leveling kit you used.
Sponsored