Daddiator54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Freedom
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I think I may fall in the grey area with the 1.5” lvl kit. Technically it does “lift” the truck but also isn’t really a nice big suspension lift so maybe I wont be accepted by either. Semi-philistine?

With that being said, 35’s and a 1.5” lvl kit is all I ever wanted and need. As someone who has always driven coupes his whole life, I’m still super sus of the roll factor so a lower center of gravity is what I’m looking for. Contradicts what a Jeep excels at I know but with zero rock crawling in Fl, I’m sure the current ride height is plenty fine. If I had to focus on something to mod, I would say lockers or a quick disconnect before increasing ride height further.

C3B3B442-7B0E-41DB-A307-60A5C32FA112.jpeg

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
I think I may fall in the grey area with the 1.5” lvl kit. Technically it does “lift” the truck but also isn’t really a nice big suspension lift so maybe I wont be accepted by either. Semi-philistine?
IMOnot lifted is not lifted. simple.
With that being said, 35’s and a 1.5” lvl kit is all I ever wanted and need. As someone who has always driven coupes his whole life, I’m still super sus of the roll factor so a lower center of gravity is what I’m looking for. Contradicts what a Jeep excels at I know but with zero rock crawling in Fl, I’m sure the current ride height is plenty fine. If I had to focus on something to mod, I would say lockers or a quick disconnect before increasing ride height further.

C3B3B442-7B0E-41DB-A307-60A5C32FA112.jpeg

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
Its funny how Jeep doesn't advertise the Rubicon or Mojave package as a factory lift, but Chevy always has to say, the Trailboss sports a 2" factory lift and now the Silverado ZR2 is "factory" lifted. What's the difference? Just marketing perspectives I suppose.
You pay extra for a factory lift from Chevy. You pay for it with jeep too - but the marketing value is not as big a deal. Heck if Rubi owners could get the standard suspension for cheaper it would be a popular option. I know I would have loved the ability to buy lockers with stock suspension and skinny wheels because I knew I was going to change the suspension and wheels/tires, but didn't want to mess with the oily bits...

With the trail boss most buyers are going to keep it bone stock. Lifting a front IFS chevy is not nearly as easy as adding, for example, the Mopar 2 inch lift (springs, shocks and some locating arms).

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Jeep Gladiator The Philistine thread - non-lifted Gladiators and not likely to be, either C3B3B442-7B0E-41DB-A307-60A5C32FA112
If you read through here, you'll find that isn't the case.
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...and-not-likely-to-be-either.43841/post-788403

UnforseenWeather

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Mojave
Occupation
Creative Guy
Odds are with how short my wife is unless I get running boards the only lift I’ll get is 35” tires when the stock 33s need to be replaced.

Beat Army

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Engineer
Only had the gladiator a few weeks. I ordered the max tow option specifically so I could go with bigger tires without a re gear but after driving it for a few weeks I’m kind of liking the 21-23 mpg I’m getting on the highway so I might just leave it as is. It looks like the 2” suspension lift and 35’s I had originally envisioned would cost me 100 miles in range per tank. If I start bottoming out because of the breakover I’ll re-think.

JeepNNJ

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 Jeep TJ '22 Gladiator
Occupation
Chemist
i do not plan to lift my '22 Sport, when i get it, in the foreseeable future, but i do have a 1.5" leveling kit and a set of 285/70R17's waiting

Sponsored

bwhite757

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator JT
Occupation
Jack of all Trades
Oh hey there! I want to join the "No Lift Club!" I did get rid of my Overland wheels, and bought 2 sets of toke-offs... A black set from a Sahara JL with road tires, and a set of Rubi wheels wrapped in 33 MT's. I use my truck for work, and I work all over the state of SC, so I'm on the highway too much to run MT's all the time. I just swap'em out on the weekends if I'm going to be venturing off the beaten path.

Jeep Gladiator The Philistine thread - non-lifted Gladiators and not likely to be, either E28883E7-E055-4652-96BC-258A82A99440-COLLAGE

Jeep Gladiator The Philistine thread - non-lifted Gladiators and not likely to be, either Untitled_1.5.1

KWin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise, BMW 328I, Toyota Tacoma, Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Engineer
So this may be he most philistine of all, my jeep came without the little plastic pieces that connect the sport bumper to the fenders blocking the air into the wheel well. I'm seriously considering purchasing those for the extra imaginary mpg gains. I figure they are probably the most removed piece from a stock jeep so if anyone has them as take offs I'd pay shipping for them :)

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
So this may be he most philistine of all, my jeep came without the little plastic pieces that connect the sport bumper to the fenders blocking the air into the wheel well. I'm seriously considering purchasing those for the extra imaginary mpg gains. I figure they are probably the most removed piece from a stock jeep so if anyone has them as take offs I'd pay shipping for them :)
They are an integral part of the plastic bumper, and most often cut for removal.

Sarge Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
retired engineer
We're proud to be Philistines. I think lifts are the biggest waste of money a person can spend on any Jeep. This is our 3rd Jeep and we have never lifted any of them. The best thing we have bought for our Gladiator is a Bestop for the front of the cab.
I too love my Bestop... no lift kit here but did go to Falken Wild Peak 33" tires on my stock 18" rims on my 2021 Gladiator Overland
Sponsored