Think I’m taking myself out of the Gladiator game

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
pretty sure the cabin and bed will have to be seperate pieces as the articulation will bend the roof as is not a unibody.
(+1 for the gentle answer)
The fact is that the body & bed are completely separate units & do indeed move independently of each other = there is no way a single cab top could ever work. Same goes for a full-body-length roof rack that is so popularly photo mocked-up. Just take a close look at an actual ladder rack on a real truck - you will see that the rack does not mount on the top of the truck at all, it is all mounted to the bed. It could probably be pretty close to the JT roof, but definitely not mounted to it.

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer
The fact is that the body & bed are completely separate units & do indeed move independently of each other = there is no way a single cab top could ever work. Same goes for a full-body-length roof rack that is so popularly photo mocked-up. Just take a close look at an actual ladder rack on a real truck - you will see that the rack does not mount on the top of the truck at all, it is all mounted to the bed. It could probably be pretty close to the JT roof, but definitely not mounted to it.
A rack could, but it'd have to have the ability to flex with the frame. I actually don't think this would be a difficult thing to do.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Same train of thought that my brother has. He already photoshopped a bunch of different tops on the Gladiator. It does look better with a cabin.
Is your brother @Bobs85Reny ? :CWL::CWL::CWL:

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
No lol. He isn't on any of the Jeep Forums. He just likes to convince me to make poor financial decisions lol.
i think somebody said this before, that jeep should come out with some kind of SUV based on the JT chassis. Might be cool, probably going to be some time from now. I know that currently the cab and bed will flex at different rates and its not a unibody, BUT, what's stopping somebody from mounting the box to the frame the same way the cab is mounted to the frame and then weld them together?

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
i think somebody said this before, that jeep should come out with some kind of SUV based on the JT chassis. Might be cool, probably going to be some time from now. I know that currently the cab and bed will flex at different rates and its not a unibody, BUT, what's stopping somebody from mounting the box to the frame the same way the cab is mounted to the frame and then weld them together?
Maybe the 2021 grand wagoner will be based on this frame?

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
Maybe the 2021 grand wagoner will be based on this frame?
Possibly, we haven't seen any spy shots have we?

Sponsored

Bobs85Reny

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ7 Renegade, 81 Cj8 Scrammler, 84 CJ8 Scrambler, 89 YJ Laredo, 06 Wrangler LJ, 86 CJ7, 02 Liberty, 16 jeePatriot
If you read through my posts I did say that both the bed and cab rack were 2 pieces this way you can take it from a half cab to a full cab. The idea behind it was to make it modular so it can be used in different configurations and be able to flex separately. If designed properly it should look like 1 piece. Also note that I did say that this would require a new cap for the front half to make it look seamless this way it could be open between cabin and bed. The on thing that would not be possible without major reconstruction would be the structure between bed and cab.
Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 10.21.50 AM.png

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you read through my posts I did say that both the bed and cab rack were 2 pieces this way you can take it from a half cab to a full cab. The idea behind it was to make it modular so it can be used in different configurations and be able to flex separately. If designed properly it should look like 1 piece. Also note that I did say that this would require a new cap for the front half to make it look seamless this way it could be open between cabin and bed. The on thing that would not be possible without major reconstruction would be the structure between bed and cab.
Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 10.21.50 AM.png
i see white pixels between those bars! lol