Those complaining about the steering... get the Fox Steering Stabilizer

DoneDeal

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I have the adjustable Fox stabilizer set to 15clicks. I have 38’s and it feels great now.
Sponsored

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
I have the adjustable Fox stabilizer set to 15clicks. I have 38’s and it feels great now.
I got the standard 145 buck fox steering stabilizer. I think it improved the ride (not drastically but noticeable, especially over bumps). I’m returning it because it would push outward when I depressed it for the install. I call quadratec and they said it shouldn’t do that and should be neutral pressure.

Anyways I heard good reviews about the fox adjustable ATS, that should be here Friday and I’m excited to see how it does.

Note, luckily I haven’t had the steering issues others have had. I run around 36 psi and it improved the highway steering tremendously from the higher dealer psi settings. I rarely off-road and drive most interstate for work, so I’m looking for tighter steering and more stabilization over crappy roads and pot holes.

Last edited:

DoneDeal

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
You will be happy. I originally had mine at 10 and adjusted it up until I felt good about it. Adjustments can be made in seconds. Super convenient

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I got the standard 145 buck fox steering stabilizer. I think it improved the ride (not drastically but noticeable, especially over bumps). I’m returning it because it would push outward when I depressed it for the install. I call quadratec and they said it shouldn’t do that and should be neutral pressure.

Anyways I heard good reviewed about the fox adjustable ATS, that should be here Friday and I’m excited to see how it does.

Note, luckily I haven’t had the steering issues others have had. I run around 36 psi and it improvement the highway steering tremendously from the super higher dealer psi settings. I rarely off-road and drive most interstate for work, so I’m looking for tighter steering
Let us know, please.

Gladius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Wilsonb80

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland Gator.
Occupation
Cable Dog / Network weeny

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Nope, even gave me a car for the day..
That's part of Jeep Wave. Not sure how that will work with smaller dealerships that don't have loaners! Guess I will find out Monday when I argue with 'em about the cover again.

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope, even gave me a car for the day..
does this also mean they are going to give you a upgraded stabalizer for free? When I talked to fox about the IFP 2.0 stabilizer they Said dealers buy them in the masses to put on Jeeps. I wonder if this is because of issues like yours?

Wilsonb80

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland Gator.
Occupation
Cable Dog / Network weeny
Amazingly it does feel better, I drive 116 miles to work and it significantly improved the feel at highway speed

Sponsored

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I had the factory stabilizer and upgraded to the Fox IFP 2.0. The IFP was having the issue of it would push outward, when it was supposed to be neutral. I said what the heck so I’ll just go ahead and upgrade to the ATS, which I threw on last night.

To be honest I’m not that impressed. Even at the highest setting I wouldn’t say it’s not tight or firm. I was expecting a more drastic difference.

I think I had a more drastic improvement from the stock to the IFP, than the IFP to ATS.

Also I have found my steering pulls to the left now with the ATS. Here are some pictures, the first is the left lane, the second is in the right lane:

1D0A41AF-0A8D-439B-A2CF-D1BB09EEBA73.jpeg

44D62867-95B6-4529-B8EA-F4507A4F0571.jpeg

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I threw the IFP back on and “charged” it like stated from the dealer in the above post.... and wala... noticeably more stable on the highway, more stable over bumps and pot holes, better than the adjustable ATS on max setting.

I would not waste the money on either ATS, definitely not the adjustable one. I am also not a fan of the ATS design, the only thing that holds the end on with the bracket is two very small Allen bolts. They are only torqued to 12 lbs. Fox said they were having issues with these backing out so they decide to adding putting lock tight on these in the install directions. Kinda sketch if you ask me.

And just so everyone is on the same page the IFP is closed on one end and is still neutral. It is NOT unidirectional, that information posted was incorrect. If that was the case all stock Jeeps and stabilizers would be pulling to one side. If you put a regular suspension shock on, yes that would be the case.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
So I threw the IFP back on and “charged” it like stated from the dealer in the above post.... and wala... noticeably more stable on the highway, more stable over bumps and pot holes, better than the adjustable ATS on max setting.

I would not waste the money on either ATS, definitely not the adjustable one. I am also not a fan of the ATS design, the only thing that holds the end on with the bracket is two very small Allen bolts. They are only torqued to 12 lbs. Fox said they were having issues with these backing out so they decide to adding putting lock tight on these in the install directions. Kinda sketch if you ask me.

And just so everyone is on the same page the IFP is closed on one end and is still neutral. It is NOT unidirectional, that information posted was incorrect. If that was the case all stock Jeeps and stabilizers would be pulling to one side. If you put a regular suspension shock on, yes that would be the case.
LOL - 12 pound-feet on a bolt holding a steering part? A sudden jolt and something will let loose. I'd be more concerned about the lack of clamping force with that little amount of bolt stretch involved on two small bolts. I bet they are having issues.

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LOL - 12 pound-feet on a bolt holding a steering part? A sudden jolt and something will let loose. I'd be more concerned about the lack of clamping force with that little amount of bolt stretch involved on two small bolts. I bet they are having issues.
Here are the current instructions... the old ones didn’t have the lock tight part.

4675257B-2CCC-4B57-90C2-F516C55C3D01.jpeg

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Here are the current instructions... the old ones didn’t have the lock tight part.

4675257B-2CCC-4B57-90C2-F516C55C3D01.jpeg
Wow, Daniel - you weren't kidding. Those two bolts, and only 12 pound/feet.
Your testing, etc. of these is interesting - looks like a bookmark for me.
Sponsored