Those complaining about the steering... get the Fox Steering Stabilizer

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
I was not one that complained about the steering but my wife has as this is her first experience with a Wrangler/JT. We had the Fox steering stabilizer installed recently and I am super impressed with the difference it has made, most notably at interstate speeds (70-85 MPH). I didn't realize how many small corrections that I was making until making this change. I am not an advocate of driving with no hands on the steering wheel, but this truck holds a line perfectly now, no corrections! We got the part and labor for less than MSRP on the stabilizer itself. Our dealer in NC has taken great care of us.
Sponsored

cajun charlie

First Name
Cajun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I was not one that complained about the steering but my wife has as this is her first experience with a Wrangler/JT. We had the Fox steering stabilizer installed recently and I am super impressed with the difference it has made, most notably at interstate speeds (70-85 MPH). I didn't realize how many small corrections that I was making until making this change. I am not an advocate of driving with no hands on the steering wheel, but this truck holds a line perfectly now, no corrections! We got the part and labor for less than MSRP on the stabilizer itself. Our dealer in NC has taken great care of us.
could you post the model/part number of the specific stabilizer?

Thanks,
carl

Godfadr

First Name
Godfadr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Speaker, Author, Dude Who Likes Bacon
Vehicle Showcase
Which part #?

Rav34653

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinto
Vehicle Showcase
What Model and part number of the Fox Stabilizer did you use?

thepriest555

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Could you provide a name for the dealer? I'm in the triangle area as well and while my engine is getting replaced, I asked Capital Jeep to replace the steering stabilizer since I hear jeep would replace them if you had death wobble. Hoping the factory replacement will solve the problem but if not I'll check out fox.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Hawkeyes3312

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What Model and part number of the Fox Stabilizer did you use?
Fox part # 985-02-127. This is the non-adjustable steering stabilizer. The adjustable stabilizer, which costs significantly more, was deemed not needed after I spoke to the lead engineer at Fox for the stabilizers. The adjustable stabilizer has 25 different settings which seems crazy! He indicated that they found most of their customers were running anywhere between 8-12 on the adjustable stabilizer so they built this one preset within those limits. He, also, owns a JT and in his words "I would up sell you if I thought it was worth it and I wish I could, but I wouldn't put the adjustable on my own Jeep so why would I tell you to spend more for something you will never need". Although this is a minor point, the one I installed matches perfectly to the Fox shocks whereas the adjustable is red, if that's something you care about. I am more than happy!

OP
OP
Hawkeyes3312

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Could you provide a name for the dealer? I'm in the triangle area as well and while my engine is getting replaced, I asked Capital Jeep to replace the steering stabilizer since I hear jeep would replace them if you had death wobble. Hoping the factory replacement will solve the problem but if not I'll check out fox.
Westgate Jeep

Rav34653

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinto
Vehicle Showcase
Fox part # 985-02-127. This is the non-adjustable steering stabilizer. The adjustable stabilizer, which costs significantly more, was deemed not needed after I spoke to the lead engineer at Fox for the stabilizers. The adjustable stabilizer has 25 different settings which seems crazy! He indicated that they found most of their customers were running anywhere between 8-12 on the adjustable stabilizer so they built this one preset within those limits. He, also, owns a JT and in his words "I would up sell you if I thought it was worth it and I wish I could, but I wouldn't put the adjustable on my own Jeep so why would I tell you to spend more for something you will never need". Although this is a minor point, the one I installed matches perfectly to the Fox shocks whereas the adjustable is red, if that's something you care about. I am more than happy!
Thanks for the Quick reply and all the info

Mallai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S 2019 KTM 1290 R 2018 KTM 300 XC-W
Excellent..I'll be putting one in..The loose steering was a deal breaker for me after test driving..I needed a week to think about it and made the decision to live with it..It's disappointing to say the least..And of course Jeep will have it all fixed in the 2021 model! :angry:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Hawkeyes3312

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
ok, thanks for the correction. I guess I thought this was the one you had. Oops. :blush:

Thed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 MX-5 Miata, '01 Rodeo, '96 Ranger, '17 Ducati Supersport
That's not the correct Fox stabilizer. The part number I supplied is the TS. I am not sure why anyone would put that stabilizer on as it only works in one direction, hence a real defeat of the purpose.
TF do you mean it only works in one direction?

OP
OP
Hawkeyes3312

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TF do you mean it only works in one direction?
That is a conventional stabilizer, not a TS, hence the force is unidirectional. It's pretty straight forward. If you go that route, you'd want dual opposing stabilizers. Does that make sense?

Thed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 MX-5 Miata, '01 Rodeo, '96 Ranger, '17 Ducati Supersport
That is a conventional stabilizer, not a TS, hence the force is unidirectional. It's pretty straight forward. If you go that route, you'd want dual opposing stabilizers. Does that make sense?
Just because It's a conventional stabilizer doesn't mean it only works one way.There's fluid on both sides of the piston and valving that prevents the fluid going to and from either direction unit it reaches its opening pressure.

rs5000_1.jpg
Sponsored