First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
That is a conventional stabilizer, not a TS, hence the force is unidirectional. It's pretty straight forward. If you go that route, you'd want dual opposing stabilizers. Does that make sense?
if you could would you please take a picture of it installed?
Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Hawkeyes3312

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Just because It's a conventional stabilizer doesn't mean it only works one way.There's fluid on both sides of the piston and valving that prevents the fluid going to and from either direction unit it reaches its opening pressure.

rs5000_1.jpg
Very aware of how it works; The force is unidirectional. If you don't feel the need for a TS, by all means don't go that route.

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
Fox part # 985-02-127. This is the non-adjustable steering stabilizer. The adjustable stabilizer, which costs significantly more, was deemed not needed after I spoke to the lead engineer at Fox for the stabilizers. The adjustable stabilizer has 25 different settings which seems crazy! He indicated that they found most of their customers were running anywhere between 8-12 on the adjustable stabilizer so they built this one preset within those limits. He, also, owns a JT and in his words "I would up sell you if I thought it was worth it and I wish I could, but I wouldn't put the adjustable on my own Jeep so why would I tell you to spend more for something you will never need". Although this is a minor point, the one I installed matches perfectly to the Fox shocks whereas the adjustable is red, if that's something you care about. I am more than happy!
$248.07 on Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/Fox-Factory-Inc-985-02-127-Performance/dp/B07PFGHMB6/ref=asc_df_B07PFGHMB6/?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid

Sponsored

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Wow, good price! It's an easy install too!
Ordered! Thanks for helping me grow the pile of parts waiting for a Jeep that I don't have yet... Too bad I couldn't order my actual Gladiator from Amazon, Free 2-day delivery with Prime!

Oatmeal

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Thanks for posting this. My wife didn’t like the floaty steering of my stock rubicon and refused to go high speeds. I assume this would bring some confidence at highway speeds?

OP
OP
Hawkeyes3312

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for posting this. My wife didn’t like the floaty steering of my stock rubicon and refused to go high speeds. I assume this would bring some confidence at highway speeds?
I tend to speed quite a bit and have had it at 90 with zero movement in the steering. I think you and your wife will appreciate the improvement it makes!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Hawkeyes3312

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
793A985F-FB65-4E9A-ABB1-F54BC4B03935.jpeg
I have the adjustable one it’s nice to have adjustability but I keep it on #8 setting just seems perfect.
So exactly what the lead Fox engineer told me.... Customers use 8-12. Right where the non-adjustable is preset.

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
So exactly what the lead Fox engineer told me.... Customers use 8-12. Right where the non-adjustable is preset.
He is right. Now if I’m pulling a heavy load & my steering gets light i could adjust it tighter

Woody

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Thanks for the information. I just ordered a non adj Fox stabilizer for my JT rubicon launch edition. My correction is not horrible but I am sure this upgrade will make it even better than the stock stabilizer

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
Thanks for the information. I just ordered a non adj Fox stabilizer for my JT rubicon launch edition. My correction is not horrible but I am sure this upgrade will make it even better than the stock stabilizer
Just did the same, and agree about the "My correction is not horrible but I am sure this upgrade will make it even better than the stock stabilizer".
Sponsored