Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
my list of needed items is growing faster than my income! This looks like a good investment though from the quality input and the individuals on this post, thank you for this advice, much valued!
Sponsored

Last edited:

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
This looks like an easy install. Can someone with the mechanical ability to do a break job (pads, rotors and calipers) and change the oil install this?

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Here ya go!

IMG-1747.jpg
My concern with this particular kit is that it leaves the (expensive) stabilizer below the axle, exposed to rock damage. I’m wondering whether you could use a JL stabilizer relocation bracket along with the JK version of the Fox TS stabilizer (985-02-128 or 985-02-122) to move it in line with the axle, and above the tie rod. There are 1-1/2” and 1-5/8” tie rod brackets readily available, but the JT measures just under 1-5/8”.

CC6C5734-B480-4B2E-A3AC-04B300F98DE2.jpeg

A956A1D4-DB3D-4D2A-994B-53E1E76CAF7C.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hawkeyes3312

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
This looks like an easy install. Can someone with the mechanical ability to do a break job (pads, rotors and calipers) and change the oil install this?
So, I said it was an easy install but I actually let the dealer do it for a couple of reasons. First, my parts guy got me the part below cost because I've spent a lot of $$ with them. Given that, they 'charged' me a few dollars for labor so that it didn't raise any eyebrows around the dealership (I am definitely getting the red carpet treatment). I was able to be in the shop during the install and he was done in about 20 minutes max. Based upon what I witnessed, and I can perform the mechanical tasks you described, I could have easily done this install. You'll be good to go.

russross

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Does this have any downsides? For example, does it stress the steering system, possibly leading to problems down the road?

Sponsored

Rav34653

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinto
Vehicle Showcase
793A985F-FB65-4E9A-ABB1-F54BC4B03935.jpeg
I have the adjustable one it’s nice to have adjustability but I keep it on #8 setting just seems perfect.
Maybe I missed it, But what brand and model is this adjustable stabilizer

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
He is right. Now if I’m pulling a heavy load & my steering gets light i could adjust it tighter
Light steering due to heavy load isn't fixed by tightening the steering stabilizer. Adjust your load.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I'm confused by the folks complaining about "loose steering" etc.
I took one for a test drive. The dealer handed me the "keys" and my wife and I took off- he said it had plenty of gas, go where-ever.
So I drove it around West Des Moines, west of town on some hills and really curvy roads, then back and hit I 35 for a few minutes up to 65 (speed limits in that area).
It steered no differently than anything else I drive. If anything, it was more responsive than some of my vehicles. You move the wheel - it obeyed. Correcting? None. My hands hardly moved the wheel at all unless I was turning or in town. On the open road - she was stable, rock solid, at least as good as my 2011 Chevy and better than my 73 Javelin. My Eagle tends to wander more than that Gladiator did and my Eagle SX4 has all new suspension and steering, including power steering pump and sector and drag link and pitman arm and idler arm and tie rods and so on - oh, and it has a new Monroe steering stabilizer - yeah, Eagles had those.
So unless the one I have ordered is different than the one I drove - I'll be fine - unless it does differently on speeds ABOVE 65 mph?
So I have to ask - or wonder - what's up with the steering complaints? People trading in their Mercedes on these? It's a truck, it behaves like one only much better, IMO.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Light steering due to heavy load isn't fixed by tightening the steering stabilizer. Adjust your load.
Yeah, you have changed caster, etc. by changing the way the thing sits. Tilt the back of the truck down and you tilt or change the inclination of the steering knuckles - you change caster and thus how it responds - including how hard or easy it steers, and more. Caster is one of the things that makes a vehicle want to run a straight line - or want to wander. It makes the steering easier or harder.
If you drop the rear and change the angle of the steering axis by one degree, you change caster by a degree.
A heavy load increases positive caster.

Sponsored

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
I'm confused by the folks complaining about "loose steering" etc.
I took one for a test drive. The dealer handed me the "keys" and my wife and I took off- he said it had plenty of gas, go where-ever.
So I drove it around West Des Moines, west of town on some hills and really curvy roads, then back and hit I 35 for a few minutes up to 65 (speed limits in that area).
It steered no differently than anything else I drive. If anything, it was more responsive than some of my vehicles. You move the wheel - it obeyed. Correcting? None. My hands hardly moved the wheel at all unless I was turning or in town. On the open road - she was stable, rock solid, at least as good as my 2011 Chevy and better than my 73 Javelin. My Eagle tends to wander more than that Gladiator did and my Eagle SX4 has all new suspension and steering, including power steering pump and sector and drag link and pitman arm and idler arm and tie rods and so on - oh, and it has a new Monroe steering stabilizer - yeah, Eagles had those.
So unless the one I have ordered is different than the one I drove - I'll be fine - unless it does differently on speeds ABOVE 65 mph?
So I have to ask - or wonder - what's up with the steering complaints? People trading in their Mercedes on these? It's a truck, it behaves like one only much better, IMO.
some do it and some don’t. Ones that do it are for a variety of reasons. In some cases it could be any of the the following factors; wind, non spec torque equipment, alignment, stabilizer, tire pressure, imagination, paranoia, and prob a couple other reasons. There is no one fix all. It has a solid front axle, so roll the dice and play if you want an off road ready truck. If you want a smooth ride with no risk move on before you spend your $$$$

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, I owned a 95 F250 4x4 - after about 60,000 miles it developed a shimmy even 2 grand couldn't fix. The Gladiator is a dream compared to that....

OP
OP
Hawkeyes3312

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Hey, I owned a 95 F250 4x4 - after about 60,000 miles it developed a shimmy even 2 grand couldn't fix. The Gladiator is a dream compared to that....
Lifelong Iowans now here in NC for the last 18 months. We lived in Urbandale and Iowa City prior to our move South! Did you test drive at Stew Hansen?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah. I live near Runnells, SE of Des Moines. Tried Dewey in Ankeny but they didn't know that much about them and couldn't answer the tough questions. We had bought one of my wife's Grand Cherokee at Stew Hansen a few years back so I went there and told the person up front I wanted to talk to their Jeep Gladiator expert. The guy said "I'll go get him". Yeah, he knows his stuff.