Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Just my personal experience, I would not go with Yukon. I’ve been through 3 sets of 5.13s and all of them have had a howling noise in the rear that I never got rid of.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dim

Dim

First Name
Dimitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubicon Launch Edition Granite Crystal
Occupation
Self employed
Just my personal experience, I would not go with Yukon. I’ve been through 3 sets of 5.13s and all of them have had a howling noise in the rear that I never got rid of.
Thanks for sharing your experience .

based on the other feedback it seems than Dana spicer is the right choice . So damn sad it needs so much time to get it

OP
OP
Dim

Dim

First Name
Dimitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self employed
hello again guys ...

what about Rusty's? read a lot of positive comments about those guys... since dana spicer is really hard to have what about Rusty's gear?

1550jrit

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Solver of Problems
Vehicle Showcase
I can’t comment on Rusty’s, but I’d tell you that Dana gears are worth the wait. I just finished my break-in and was back at the shop for inspection and fluid change. The shop is fantastic and highly regarded, but they install a ton of Yukon gears and initially tried to sell me on them. To be honest, I almost gave in due to waiting so long on the Dana back order.

While I was waiting on the fluid change, I struck up a conversation with the managers at the front desk. One of them previously commented on how perfectly the Dana gears set up. He said they shimmed in on the first attempt and the backlash was spot-on. The other manager then commented on how time consuming it was to set up the Yukon’s, lots of shimming and adjustment to get them to running just right.

While the end result is still a running set of gears, I think it says a lot when something sets up right the first time. The shop was adamant that they never have an issue with Yukon’s. They are readily available and Yukon was quick to warranty out the few defective sets they’ve encountered.

That being said, I think Dana’s are worth the wait. They’ve been super quiet right from the start and I had virtually no metal shavings during my fluid change. I waited 6 months from start to finish. My recommendation is just to get your place in line and wait it out. You won’t be disappointed with the Dana’s.

OP
OP
Dim

Dim

First Name
Dimitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self employed
I can’t comment on Rusty’s, but I’d tell you that Dana gears are worth the wait. I just finished my break-in and was back at the shop for inspection and fluid change. The shop is fantastic and highly regarded, but they install a ton of Yukon gears and initially tried to sell me on them. To be honest, I almost gave in due to waiting so long on the Dana back order.

While I was waiting on the fluid change, I struck up a conversation with the managers at the front desk. One of them previously commented on how perfectly the Dana gears set up. He said they shimmed in on the first attempt and the backlash was spot-on. The other manager then commented on how time consuming it was to set up the Yukon’s, lots of shimming and adjustment to get them to running just right.

While the end result is still a running set of gears, I think it says a lot when something sets up right the first time. The shop was adamant that they never have an issue with Yukon’s. They are readily available and Yukon was quick to warranty out the few defective sets they’ve encountered.

That being said, I think Dana’s are worth the wait. They’ve been super quiet right from the start and I had virtually no metal shavings during my fluid change. I waited 6 months from start to finish. My recommendation is just to get your place in line and wait it out. You won’t be disappointed with the Dana’s.
yep i guess you right ... the shop here works with yukon and even if im sure they are great .. the most bothering who could happens is the noisy thing.

now that said i have to ask them if thy agree to install a brand with who they dont work usually.... here its a whole different story :)

Sponsored

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
hello again guys ...

what about Rusty's? read a lot of positive comments about those guys... since dana spicer is really hard to have what about Rusty's gear?
Who’s stuff are they selling? It’s not their own. Probably not bad whatever it is.

OP
OP
Dim

Dim

First Name
Dimitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self employed
Who’s stuff are they selling? It’s not their own. Probably not bad whatever it is.
Got a message from them .

Both the Rusty's Special with Motive Gear and the Yukon gears are quality products. We have seen a few recent reviews regarding the Yukon gears being noisier but there are only a few.

We stock and sell the Motive Gears and they perform very well

OP
OP
Dim

Dim

First Name
Dimitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self employed
4.88 or 5.13 are both solid choices

Thanks for the video . It’s interesting. Those real world test are really helpful .
finally decided to go for the 5.13 . We will see how it works .
No the more annoying thing gonna be the wait 😂😂😂😂
I collected almost everything I ordered , lift is arrived , skid plate and armor are there too, tires and wheels are there , got a text from John from accutune yesterday shocks are in the way … the last step is the regearing ….
Funny story is …. All the parts comes from US or from Dubai and they are on time
The only thing coming from Belgium ( basically 30 miles from home is ….. delayed ) 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Sponsored

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the video . It’s interesting. Those real world test are really helpful .
finally decided to go for the 5.13 . We will see how it works .
No the more annoying thing gonna be the wait 😂😂😂😂
I collected almost everything I ordered , lift is arrived , skid plate and armor are there too, tires and wheels are there , got a text from John from accutune yesterday shocks are in the way … the last step is the regearing ….
Funny story is …. All the parts comes from US or from Dubai and they are on time
The only thing coming from Belgium ( basically 30 miles from home is ….. delayed ) 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
I love 5.13 gearing. I never feel over geared. In the Mountains of Montana, Wyoming and Idaho, loaded with gear and people I felt like 5.38 gears ⚙ would have helped climb the mountains. Good luck ! 🍀

OP
OP
Dim

Dim

First Name
Dimitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self employed
I love 5.13 gearing. I never feel over geared. In the Mountains of Montana, Wyoming and Idaho, loaded with gear and people I felt like 5.38 gears ⚙ would have helped climb the mountains. Good luck ! 🍀
Thank you . I imagine I will be super happy .
Place where I live the highest point is around … 2200 ft 😂😂😂😂 and always alone . So I guess it’s gonna be cool and perfect.
Jeeeez you’re lucky to live in this area . I remeber a trip in Montana . OMG was amazing .

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
I concur......nothing like a pinion gear self destruction while picking your son up from soccer

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I concur......nothing like a pinion gear self destruction while picking your son up from soccer
That's not near as embarrassing as when mine was grinding itself to death during Jeep Jamboree and EVERYONE heard it on the trails in Colorado.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
That's not near as embarrassing as when mine was grinding itself to death during Jeep Jamboree and EVERYONE heard it on the trails in Colorado.
Yeah there ring and pinion only had 11,000 miles on them. With the install I always add the full master rebuild kit, break in mileage and reinspect/new fluid at 500 miles.

If it broke when I was doing some hood rat shit ok, but I was driving like a normal dad. When the pinion gear shed 4 of the 11 pinion gears my son said, Dad what is that noise.

The vendor I had do the install was a certified Yukon vendor and installer. He actually stopped doing business with them because he was losing his ass on all of the warranty work he was having to do.
Sponsored