Sponsored

Asked Chat GPT about re-gearing with 37s to end all debate...

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
AI will only be your savior until it tells you something that you don't like, then you'll come running back here for support for your latest boondoggle project.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
One problem I see with certain AI is that - it can glean information from the internet and digest and condense and puke it back out for the answer in a single response taking in info from thousands of sources.
In the case of some things out there - it will be getting incorrect information to digest - common misconceptions, "common knowledge" that is common but wrong because people who posted didn't know any better so just kept repeating all they saw...........
It will be interesting for sure.

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
My first try

Jeep Gladiator Asked Chat GPT about re-gearing with 37s to end all debate... IMG_7692

evoarie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT
Occupation
HVAC
After receiving your answer to your first question. Which was leading. I would have asked the same question and changed the gear size. To see how it responded.

Grant it I know nothing about AI. But if all it does is search data bases, what happens when we all start using it, and less people publish data, its knowledge base stops growing?

Great so we'll be like Cuba, only we'll be stuck in 2024?

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
After receiving your answer to your first question. Which was leading. I would have asked the same question and changed the gear size. To see how it responded.
After what Google just went through, not sure I trust AI to give any solid answers because it simply gathers what's on the internet, what seems to be most popular, digests and pukes it back out.
It's not necessarily going to be a scientific response - might just be what it finds most of the time which could be incorrect, like so much on the internet.

I'll trust it when it doesn't simply grab stuff off the web and spew it back out.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
After what Google just went through, not sure I trust AI to give any solid answers because it simply gathers what's on the internet, what seems to be most popular, digests and pukes it back out.
It's not necessarily going to be a scientific response - might just be what it finds most of the time which could be incorrect, like so much on the internet.

I'll trust it when it doesn't simply grab stuff off the web and spew it back out.
GI-GO. Garbage In-Garbage Out.

AustinL911

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT
Occupation
Nurse

Yup. I'm also not sure why everyone is so quick to want to call it AI. It's not. It's meta analysis using an algorithm; which is programmed to operate with a clear bias by highly biased humans. As the next guy said, Garbage In, Garbage Out.

Badunit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon, 1997 TJ
I am very impressed that "AI" is able to understand what you ask and respond to it in a coherent way but that is the extent of it for me. The current state of "AI" is like a journalist trying to write a story about a technical subject for which they have no expertise. They can write something that "reads" well and has most of the proper jargon but it will have glaring errors and biases that someone with the proper knowledge would not make, sometimes to the point of being gibberish.

ColoradoDennis

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RN
To emphasize that to which others have alluded: ChatGPT is a Large Language Model. While it is capable of some “research,” its forte is in its writing skills. If it finds some kernel of information, it will construct a conversation around that. If the available information is minimal, it may well just make up something in order to carry the conversation forward. Very often in my research with ChatGPT-4, I will find an error, comment on that to the chatbot, and have it reply, “I’m sorry for the confusion; yes, xyz is true …” and then provide another conversational paragraph based on the new (correct) information I have provided.
As a pure conversationalist, though, GPT-4 is amazing. If you have access to it, I encourage you to write a short story (just a couple of paragraphs) or even just the outline of a story, then ask GPT-4 to re-write it “in the style of” say, Mark Twain or John Steinbeck. The generated story can be beautiful.
Sponsored